1. img
    Enter in the Alley Banner Contest!
    Deadline for entries is December 15th.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Warmest thoughts and best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. May peace, love and prosperity follow you always!
    -NF Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion Part 2

Discussion in 'Meta-Battledome' started by Blakk Jakk, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Nighty the Mighty

Oh wait I forgot something important

Spoiler:
    Thor is out of shape the entire film, if Asgardians are even remotely like people in that sense then he's probably nerfed relative to IW. Probably worth taking into account.

2. Blocky

It seems like lot of people claim this is the best or most emotional MCU film yet

3. Blade

tony is the mvp of this movie

sadly

yeah

captain sjw gets the large planet level scale too :scust

4. B Rabbit

Don't spoil it for me.

But

Any good news for Hulk fans?

5. Blocky

Regarding whatever happens to Tony, I kinda knew this would be his last song since the actor is retiring from the MCU.

He will always be ironman forever no matter what.

6. Nighty the Mighty

Perfect final movie.

Unfortunately these movies print money so despite this tying up everything neatly some new bad guy is going to come along and make them do everything over again.

very minor spoilers to follow:

Spoiler:
    There's a hammering noise at the end of the movie which reminded me of Tony working in the cave in Iron Man 1. Not sure if that's meant to signify anything more than that. Possible new villain is someone like Kang/Doom??? who the fuck knows

7. Nighty the Mighty

spoilers, make your own decision

Spoiler:
    not really with regards to power levels

bruce doesn't fight anyone in this movie as far as I can tell, which is sort of the point I guess since it's like he's gotten over all his anger and is now content with himself.

8. FrozenFeathers

Ayy these are the weird ones that throw consistency out of the window to dramatize the plot.
    Its all gonna go downhill form now as Disney will keep pulling stuff to nerf and make characters look strong again to make more movies.
    It was good while it lasted.
    Bring on Cops that will arrest Thanos and Mexicans that will beat up Silver Surfer.
    Also Galactus level Wolverine.

9. Divell

I fucking knew it but didnt wanted to believe it.

10. Galo de Lion

Spoiler:
    Thanos' final plan for the Gauntlet, that being to destroy the Universe down to the atomic level and remake it. Also, the snap unleashed a great amount of energy into the cosmos, and Thanos destroying the stones does likewise, which almost kills him.

Thanos blows up the Avengers headquarters and creates a massive crater, which everyone survives, including Hawkeye.

Giant Antman punches out a chitauri leviathan.

The Ancient One can see the future, and says how removing the Stones from their place in time will create alternate realities, but Bruce says putting the stones back will avert this. She knows that Dormammu would devour the Earth without the Time Stone, but didn't know Strange gave up the Time Stone.

Timelines are refered to as realities, so the MCU is probably its own multiverse, which backs up the stuff from Doctor Strange.

Thanos punched out Carol using a single stone. So much for her being the absolute strongest in the MCU. Granted she does put up a fight, but still.

Time travelling to the past doesn't change the future because when you travel from the future to the past that future becomes your past.

Hulk uses the Infinity Gauntlet to Snap everyone back to life that got snapped, but it hurts him considerably.

Doctor Strange opens portals from Titan to Earth and other portals from all over the place. Also Titan is noted to be a thousand lightyears from Earth.

No doubt theres more, but I can't think of them right now.

11. CrossTheHorizon

So obvious question is obvious, but does anyone die permanently in this movie?

12. buutenks

If TGOTG are planet level why did Groot had to sacrifice himself to save them from a drop in orbit.

I don't buy it. Also, the cannon can destroy a moon, yet its collateral damage is nowhere near that scale. Plus its just a statement, it has no feats to back it up.

Also, how can anyone say apart from Thanos with IG and Dormammu that they are planet level, when apart from the Power stone no one has destroyed a planet.

Also, Star Lord got hit by the power stone in the battle with Thanos, and he didn't die. Does he have planet level durability? Even tho it is stated in the movie that he lost all his celestial power once his father was destroyed and he says himself he is a regular human.

And Gamora dies from falling off a cliff...

Scaling everyone from the power stone is absurd. Thor with SB proly is, but everyone else? Don't buy it.

13. Adamant soul

Because they've taken attacks from planet level beings. :maybe
    A casual "get the fuck off me" blast isn't the same thing as Iron Man's shield blocking a full blast from the Power Stone while Thanos is actually trying to kill him. The former is a casual attack, the latter isn't.
    Even putting aside the planet level shit, her dying from that was the definition of PIS regardless. She's survived blasts that destroyed space ships, crash landings, Ego actively trying to crush her and her sister and yet she somehow dies to a fall off a cliff when she has consistently survived much worse. :lmao

It's a low end at best, PIS at worst and should be disregarded either way.
    We're not scaling "everyone", just the ones that actually take/counter full power attacks from the stones (ie Tony and Strange). And there's no "probably" Thor with the Stormbreaker is planet level, basically ANYONE who can take a serious/bloodlusted Thanos on is planet level in at least some sense.

Weather you "buy it" or not is irrelevant, the feats are there.

14. WorldsStrongest

Flag:
    Canada

> Team is asked "how are we gonna win this time if we couldnt last time" by Banner
    > Carol basically states "Im better than you guys and any/all of the people you lost"
    > CArol waS JuST tryINg TO motIvatE TheM

Yeah no

You dont motivate jack shit by belittling the efforts of every one of their dead freinds AND their own abilities

Jesus...Why do som many geniuses on the internet find the need to white knight obvious and blatant bullshit in film or media?

Why cant you just call a spade a spade when Carol, or any other character, is being a bit of a cunt?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Old Old x 1
    • List
  15. CrossTheHorizon

From what I've heard she basically gets back handed by Thanos during the fight so she gets what's coming to her.

16. The Runner

Spoiler:
    Thor has some impressive cloud moving feats, without using either hammer.

18. Hachibi

19. buutenks

Nah, I saw the movie.But I won't spoil it.

20. Kaaant

What a fucking cunt lmfao. Female empowerment is mocking the victims of a holocaust that would make mao blush

21. Claudio Swiss

Very likely

22. ChaosTheory123

That should be obvious given this entire section is unfriendly to the idea of preserving spoilers in the first place

Can't debate if you lack evidence/citations

From the start, by participating, you're implicitly consenting to being spoiled in most threads here

23. Nighty the Mighty

It's almost the perfect final movie but the existence of mcu after it sort of ruins that effect

24. Ultimate Deathsaurer

I mean the point to telegrams was to contain discussion for new chapters for a week so no one got spoiled if they didn't want to. Posting spoilers outside of telegrams could result in a ban. This never applied to the OBD. You should be prepared for spoilers here.

25. ForzaRoma

Is it just me or did Corvus Glaive get one shot by Okoye at the end lmfao

26. Hachibi

"You didn't have me"-Carol about them trying to attack Thanos once more

:drake

27. Hachibi

I mean yeah, but bold of you to assume that the average NF poster know/deduct that :dotell

28. Sigismund

Flag:
    United States
    Endgame was ok, honestly worse than Infinity War, Winter Soilder, IM1 and GOTG1, but still decent.

29. ChaosTheory123

We've been getting spoiled on all kinds of shit for years playing this game, if it bothers anyone here now, don't log in until you're all caught up

Can't engage in a thread if you don't have the ability to debate the information

No, but what do I care about the average poster for? :maybe

What does the average poster contribute to a thread beyond a one liner that may or may not even be relevant to the thread?

30. Sigismund

Flag:
    United States
    Wait, people care about spoilers here? The fuck is the point in a thread about feats of those characters in a movie? Either ignore the thread or get over it