1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Come join the RP Section for the monthly world (universe?) creation contest. This month's theme is space opera.

So charge the hyperdrive, power up the plasma cannons, and set sail for new worlds!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the NF Awards! Nominate your favorite posters!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the latest Newsletter!

Click here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The future of the Cafe Subsections is up to you. Vote here to make your voice heard!"

Click here
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Comic Book Theatre' started by Reznor, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Pocalypse Well-Known Member

England
    Movie people don't even know who Captain Marvel is. Why would they care? They go in these films not knowing who any of these characters are, if they like it or don't, that's up to them.

Rofl no Iron Man hasn't been loved for "decades". This is when I know you're just chatting shit. He was outright hated when Civil War came out and he certainly wasn't loved like RDJ version of Tony is.

It ain't the fact that it's negative, it's the fact that your opinion is based off stupid logic i.e. comic book reception has an impact on a FILM. Two different mediums you don't understand. Dragonball is fucking huge, but the film was shit. Batman/Superman/Justice Fail are huge, but they were pieces of shit when their films came about. Avatar was loved, but the film was shit.

It don't mean squat. It's all about how well the film is written and directed. Like, read this sentence.

2. Rax The Evil Within The Embers

And why would you assume she'd be any differently received than she's been for 6 years?

Was or was not Iron Man a long since popular character with a multitude of series and lines ?

Could I be wrong about the film ? Maybe .

Current evidence of her quality is that she's trash.

3. Rax The Evil Within The Embers

Is there anyone here who can give me a single thing interesting about Kamala Khan? :hehee

4. Rax The Evil Within The Embers

The only "Marvel" that's gonna shine come first quarter next year will be Shazam :del

5. Pocalypse Well-Known Member

England
    Because comic books isn't the same thing as films? How many times do I have to say this dumbass? MCU will make her different, just like a lot of other characters, they always put a spin on it.

Yeah and? Doesn't mean he wasn't disliked. MCU doesn't roll with the popular characters you see. They can make not well known characters to the public and make them stars. See: MCU since 2007.

> DCEU fan trash talking Marvel

Yeah you will be.

Current evidence of DCEU quality is trash, and that's actually in their own medium so comparable.

6. Rax The Evil Within The Embers

I'm a fan of DC, never said I was a fan of the DCEU. I simply said I hoped they get better.

Come get me when you can give me a legit reason to like Captain Marvel or Miss Marvel.

7. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

Her Muslim background has never been done before by a popular superhero. (I actually learned a few things about the culture reading the books)

She is very grounded and endearing. People can relate to her archeype since she isn't a super smart scientist or ultra skilled martial artist..just a normal girl who woke up with powers.

8. Rax The Evil Within The Embers

So diversity points is the only thing she has?

>Normal person who woke up with super powers

Man, those X-Men must have ripped her off :hehee

Their Muslim depiction isn't even accurate. She hangs out with a traditional Muslim and a lesbian yet somehow they get along.

Again, diversity points don't make a character.

Bet it'll be fun watching a moronic girl go around attacking people with her giant hands.

9. Rax The Evil Within The Embers

The America Chavez movie might as well be confirmed at this rate.

:lmao

10. Pocalypse Well-Known Member

England
    > BvS was fine, Shazam will be great, Captain Marvel only being made so Marvel could have a female superhero while sucking up to WW and not applying the same standards

sure you ain't a DCEU fan :raiden

11. Mider T VM Rapist

Uhh she's a MUSLIM WOMAN. If you Don't recognize how interesting she is you're a misogynist prick like the writers said.

12. Pocalypse Well-Known Member

England
    Reminds me of Luiz

"superhero female line-up is bad :conspiracy", now we got this

some weirdos in here I swear

13. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

"Why are we getting a movie on established heroes instead of a movie on Storm?"
    :conspiracy

He has no idea what he's talking about and simply trying to troll.

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 10:49 PM
  14. Luck Omae wa mou shindeiru

Brazil
    >DCEU praise in an MCU thread

:scust

15. Shiba D. Inu Will of the D.oge

Germany
  16. Shiba D. Inu Will of the D.oge

Germany
    :catryoma

17. Palm Siberia Well-Known Member

The only real problem with Ms.Marvel is her connection with Inhumans since Inhumans was well...not liked to say the least.

18. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

I don't get why anyone would want to see a super hero be a super hero in a super hero comic when instead you can learn about muslims!

21. Rax The Evil Within The Embers

Shazam is infinitely cooler than any of the Avengers losers

22. Rax The Evil Within The Embers

DC > Marvel

Comics > Movies

:del

23. BlazingInferno Forum Ninja

Luiz isn’t the brightest of people :thunk
    Sometimes I wonder whether or not he’s a TerminaTHOR dupe since they’re both way too similar.

24. DemonDragonJ Creeping Death

That is purely a matter of opinion, but, from what I have read and observed, DC was more popular and successful than Marvel until very recently, actually; there were films being made of DC properties long before films were made from Marvel properties (did you know that there was a Batman television serial in the 1940's?) and DC had the "holy trinity" of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, three of the most popular superheroes, ever, whereas the only superheroes whom Marvel had who could compete with them in terms of popularity were Captain America and Spiderman. It really was not until the MCU that Marvel suddenly achieved greater popularity than DC, as DC had the very popular and successful Superman and Batman film series in the 70's, 80's, and 90's, but all Marvel had, prior to X-Men in 2000, were some very low-budget films that are now all but forgotten. I applaud Marvel's success, but, if one examines the history of comics, it does seem to be an anomaly, akin to how Nintendo and Sega (but mainly Nintendo) dominated the video game industry for much of the 80's and 90's, with Sony suddenly exploding onto the scene in the 2000's, or how the Soviet Union was leading the "space race" for much of the 1950's and 60's, and then the United States suddenly pulled ahead by being the first nation to have people land on the moon. In each of those situations, the leader became complacent, allowing their rivals to overtake them, so they are now the ones being forced to catch up.

25. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "more popular and successful? Cause Marvel has been killing DC in sales for at least 10 years.

And nowadays, the general public are likely a lot more familiar with Marvel Characters than DC.

26. Rax The Evil Within The Embers

In what regards? Marvel only wins in the big screen movies.

DC wins in everything else.

27. DemonDragonJ Creeping Death

That is true, but I was using several decades of history as my example; there were film and television adaptations of DC properties long before any Marvel properties were adapted, and, before the MCU, the most popular superheroes were Batman and Superman, both DC characters.

Those are your words, not anyone else's.

In the 1990's, I would say that Marvel's television series (specifically, X-Men: the Animated Series and Spiderman: the Animated Series) were about equal to those of DC (i.e., Batman: the Animated Series and Superman: the Animated Series).

28. Rax The Evil Within The Embers

When was the last time you read a Marvel comic? :lmao

29. DemonDragonJ Creeping Death

Not recently; I read comics only on rare occasion, so I am much more familiar with the movies and television series. Why are you asking?

30. Mider T VM Rapist

Why did you edit out his smiley? Everytime you do that I feel like you shit all over the first Amendment. Do you hate America?