1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

5. The KCC is hosting a Short Story Contest!
    Entries are due by July 9th at 2:30am UTC!
    Dismiss Notice

Mattel to make Naruto toys

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by GekigangerV, Nov 17, 2005.

1. GekigangerV New Member

I am not sure if this has been posted of if this is the right section of the forum for this news, but Mattel has been announced as the title holder for Naruto toys.

This announcement greatly disappoints me. Mattel figures are too gimmicky. I prefer super poseable figures like the new Street Fighter figures or Marvel Legends. Although Mattel is going to be releasing figures like Marvel Legends for DC superheroes I doubt they will do that for Naruto. Instead I foresee stuff on a 5-inch scale like a dozen gimmicky Naruto figures(like how they do for Batman). Of course there could be hope and they make these figures like Toy Biz makes their Spider-Man classic figures. With as little gimmicks as possible and with as much articulation as possible. I would love to pose figures of Rock Lee kicking Gaara up to do the Ura Renge.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

If i ever buy a naruto action figure then it better be an imported one from Japan

3. Sake Hokage the nine wang'd fox

I agree with GekigangerV, I'm kinda dissapointed too just from knowing Mattel and their usual gimmicks. However I'm hopping that they will take what Bandai did with the old Naruto line and run with it. If they are made like little statues with only 5 points of articulation I will be pissed.

4. GekigangerV New Member

On a related note, in the newest American Shonen Jump there are adds for the Mattel made One Piece figures which might be a sign of what will become of Naruto. They remind me a lot of the Ninja Turtles figures in terms of sculpting. There was a Strech Armstrong Luffy, a luffy with large hotdog sized arms and I guess his action feature is his fist spins around, a Sanji figure that I believe you hook the arm to a base and he swings around, a Zoro figure whose action figure I couldn't make out and there were some Zoro swords with sound effects.

5. icoselitham Lost

Thx for info. I'll still buy them because im such a fanboy.

6. AbaraiRenji BAN KAI! HIHIOU ZABIMARU!

wow of all the people they could have picked *sighs*. I really wish mcfarlane would get into anime figures. They do such good work with the sports and the spawns. Imagine Gaara by Mcfarlane...that would be greatness

7. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

*sigh*:darn

8. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

my thoughts exactly.
    Get ready for a flying motor scooter for Naruto. I guess if goku needed a flying scooter then why not Naruto :notrust

9. somedude34 Kankuro and Scarecrow!

knowing that it makes me sick. they'll problably just grab a ken doll and paint naruto face on it. ebay is a good answer to buy imports also. if i dont see any headbands in hottopic for like 1 month than i will just buy a set off ebay.

10. Grrblt Banned

I don't know about the quality of Mattel, but I think the figures are better off with no joints. Gaara's sand would be kind of hard to joint you know. I like the Street fighter heavy-articulated toys but with Naruto, they would be better off static.

11. Rinali your retarded little brother

that's sooo scary

12. nyu i love her

the people that make the street fighter figures is sota. i have asked them a couple of times if they would ever consider making naruto toys, and they say it's to big of a name for them and another company is making them. i even asked them if mattel dropped the line if sota would consider it and they still said no it's to big of a name, but if they do drop the line we might consider it.

13. Kakuzu GB Imperator

I've been wishing that Kotobukiya would come out with some Naruto stuff...

14. Monkey D. Dragon Active Member

Wow that's a hell of a large revive and the toy's sucked any way.