1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Medical ethics issue

Discussion in 'Philosophical Forum' started by RJLupin, Oct 11, 2006.

1. RJLupin Oni Baka

Parents conceiving a child in order to obtain a matching organ or tissue to save the life of another of their children.

~~~~
    I think conceiving a child for that purpose doesn't necessarily mean you will not love that second child, especially if you were planning to have another one anyway.

Of course, how would that child react upon learning the truth? On one hand, he could be happy to have helped save his brother, but on the other hand he could very well hold a grudge against his parents.

I'm looking for real examples to support or disrupt my arguments. Where could I find such true stories? I've been searching the web for a few hours.

Tags:
  2. 9Kakashi9 (@_@)V

If you are a university student, you could use the databases (such as Web of Science, EBSCOhost, LexisNexis, etc.).

If not...such a niche and new topic is difficult to find since there aren't many such cases around.

From the parent's point of view (POV), I would bring the secret to my grave and forbid others to talk about it (unless I happen to sleep-talk and the child happens to eavesdrop).

From the child's POV, I would most likely place emphasis on their love for me as it is while the motive is secondary, since true affection is hard to fake (there'll bound to be slip-ups sometimes). Of course, it helps to have a good memory to keep track of things. Then again, it's painful to be so calculative.