• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Meditation

Delta Shell

I can't do it. I feel like it's boring and doesn't work for me.

Anyone else do this and achieve Jiren powers yet or nah?

Valgrind

A Surfeit Of Lampreys
i've only been doing it when i'm really desperate to get to sleep and already took a bunch of pills, or to deal with anxiety, or to get back with my priorities

after my breakup 3 years ago i meditated every day for several months. it really helped with processing the loss, dealing with anxiety, and my overall quality of life.

after my last day at work i hope to feel worthy enough to meditate every day. even 5 minutes helps for me. i think getting the most out of my funemployment is going to depend on it.

Valgrind

A Surfeit Of Lampreys
i started off in meditation using this recording just before job interviews (i got the job i wanted):

I meditate a lot , but without a program. For example for a few days/weeks I might not meditate at all , but for some days I meditate as long as I am awake.....

It's really nice. Usually in nature or an isolated place. And I occasionally put exotic peaceful music to have a nice combination.

Keep in mind , the best way to meditate , it's to forget about the pressure of time......Just relax.

blk

A few years ago i managed to keep up a daily routine of at least 30min of meditation per day. Lasted some months and then never did it again with regularity (although i think i'll try to set it up again).

It's definitely useful especially after a while that you do it.

I noticed that my ability to focus went up and so did awareness / emotional self control.

These are the practical benefits that i guess improve even more with more practice, but if done for a long long time it seems to be something that can change you on a foundational level.

RemChu

Bop beep be be skdoo bep
I love it. First time was in gym class with a group of my classmates, like 8th grade. I thought it was amazing. But had no idea what it was.

Started doing it in college. I still do it to this day.

It's the best. Talk to the friend within.

Delta Shell

I tried guided a few times using apps and YouTube, I'm not sure it had much of an effect on me.

I also did guided in person a bunch with my ex girlfriend (was a yoga instructor) but I don't think you can concentrate properly when it's someone you know, you end up laughing or whatever.

I tend to feel the described benefits of meditation if I go for a long walk or do some sort of exercise that I can run on autopilot (shadow boxing).

The sitting still part is the difficult part my mind is flooded with thoughts.

Worm Juice

Braphog
Sometimes I do it as part of a yoga exercise video. If it’s quiet I can do it. The relax your toe to head thing works as a starter for me. The key to relaxation is more farts. Just relax and let it all flow.

pfft

Warrior Bitch
I’ve done something Like it ... or idk if there’s a time period but usually I do little breathing exercises 2-10 min or sometimes up to 30 min

it’s like meditation I think and it’s calming

not daily but sometimes

Delta Shell

Closest thing to mediation I have been doing is stretching outside after my workouts while listening to music and taking in that fresh spring air.
You box right? Do you find shadow boxing meditative?

That/running/walking/anything I can do on autopilot feels as close as I can get to how people describe meditation.

Feels similar to the way people use mantra to keep part of their mind occupied.

pfft

Warrior Bitch

That/running/walking/anything I can do on autopilot feels as close as I can get to how people describe meditation.

Some people walk and meditate Ik cuz I was looking into doing that. Something quiet and relaxing that you don’t have to think about at all and can concentrate on breathing and getting to that state of relaxation

savior2005

I actually don't box anymore, but I never really found shadow boxing meditative. Maybe jump roping though, definitely slow jogging

Top Bottom