1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Meditation

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by ez, Oct 25, 2005.

1. ez Jesus Christ

I recently became interested in meditation for reasons that I will not go in to. :omg

1. How many of you here meditate and for how long (approximate your session)
    2. When did you start? (how many years, months, weeks, etc.)
    3. What do you feel when doing it? (things you experience, if any at all)
    4. What are the after-effects of meditating?

Thanks in advance for anyone who replys.

Tags:
  2. Master Scorpion UG's High Priest

when I was doing meditation I liked to use clear quartz and citrine ( semi-precious stones)...on midnight or when it full moon.

yeah I felt like my soul went out from my body...

the effect is you will get a special power :)

3. holy_tsukasa New Member

i've been doing meditation for about two years.
    It's hard for me to usualy to start meditating, because i like to move alot, but after a few minuets my body becomes relaxed and i can easily focus.
    I guess the reason i started, was because i was forced. My martail arts instructor says i get too hyper in sparring, so i had to tone it down a notch

4. Crazy Like a Fox AKA Knowledge

I usually do it for 30 minutes. I've been doing it for about 4 years. I close my eyes and concentrate only on my breathing. I know this sounds weird, but along with closing my eyes I also have all the lights off. Once I'm done, I usually feel really relaxed and calm. Hope that helps.

5. ez Jesus Christ

Thanks for the replys. Your answers do help me. Do all of you meditate with your eyes closed?

6. Pinkaugust I'm Hired

Well, I used to meditate, but I don't any longer for some reason..
    I don't know for how long, just a couple of minutes I guess, I always had things to do, but when I meditate, time doesn't matter..
    What did I feel when meditating? I guess nothing, that's what meditation is.. releasing everything.. but if any feeling I'd say serenity..
    and finally, after effects.. Relaxation, I feel relaxed, energized, refreshed.. Hope that helps you out..
    I recommend a relaxing cup of hot green tea before you start.. :) Yummie

7. Dilemma CRY ME A CAKE

I've started meditation about 1.5 year ago. I always close my eyes, empty my thoughts and try and use it to get to sleep. Since I started doing it because of insomnia :p
    It's better now, though. I still sometimes do it when I can't get to sleep or have a free moment in which I want to relax.

8. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

I meditate anytime I find myself alone really. But mostly before I sleep and at 5 am in the morning. I have a park next to my home and the scenary and quiet help. I started approximatly 4-5 years ago. It's quite powerful, personal and spiritual; really helps me regain some calmnessand understanding to my surrondings. I view and sense everything more vividly after I'm done.

@ Everyone who meditates: Ambience does wonders to help you settle in. Check out Julien Neto - Le Fumeur De Ceil, Brian Eno - Nuetori, Brian Eno: Music For Airports and Deathprod - Morals And Dogma. they help immensly in focusing and relaxing.

9. Pinkaugust I'm Hired

he said meditate, not smoke marijuana, Moe! :D

10. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

XDDD.

There's a difference? :p

11. Pinkaugust I'm Hired

lol, got me there.. Hey, which crack is best for meditation?

12. Danny Lilithborne 我を愛する修羅

I'm not sure what most people mean by meditation. It could be argued that I meditate every time I go to sleep and have a dream.

13. cube66 永遠の平和

Meditation always makes me feel refreshed and makes my senses more keen and vivid. This is how I meditate:

1) I start out by sitting in lotus-position.
    2) Straighten my back.
    3) Breath in deep and then release the air slowly through your nostrils. (You'll feel your heart beat, but instead of feeling uncomfortable, try to experience it as the pulse of your soul/life)
    4) Continue to breathe this way, keeping your back straight.
    5) Release all thoughts, worries, cares and desires, drift into a state of nothingness. Let go of your mind and concious thought. (It takes practice.)
    6) When you are done, relax and slowly stand up.

Meditation can help you out in many, many ways. Give it a try and see how it works for you. :wink

14. ez Jesus Christ

Thanks for the replys, all of you. I guess I'll be trying out for the next few days to see how everything goes. I hope I get it right :p

15. Soxfan17 Kilik & Temari Fanboy

I tryed to Meditate once but i dont think it worked. I just have to much stuff on my mind and im always thinking of something. I might try again later this week

16. Hidden Sand Ninja New Member

(Sits down and starts meditating)

17. Hidden Sand Ninja New Member

(throws kunai in front of soxfan17 and smiles) Can I trust you?

18. Goongasnootch 亀好き

I've done meditation for martial arts since I was a kid. Usually my sessions last anywhere from 5 minutes to half an hour. It just depends on how much time I have. Usually I feel a calm centeredness (is that a word?) in my gut when I do it. Usually the aftereffects are just what I feel during meditation carried over into whatever I do afterwords.

19. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

I've actually never meditated and I never plan to, if by meditation you mean sit down and do nothing.

I release my pressure through good music, lying in my bed. That's my meditation.

20. Goongasnootch 亀好き

Meditation takes many forms. Getting lost in thought while standing outside looking at the horizon can be meditation. There are many different types of meditation depending on what kind of results you want.

21. Kaki Condensed hits harder

I don't realy meditate, the effects would be shourt lived I belive, but I may try if I ever have the time.....

22. Id The Demon of Elru

If relaxing is considerd meditation I do that everyday for in-def amount of time.

23. Ha-ri Dai Gurren Brigade member

Me also.(stupid word limit)

24. CWar バージョン1.0

I tried meditating. But then I got cramps.

25. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I've been meditating for years since my pops told me too. I do it a lot less than I used to though. Probably like once or twice a week tops. I usually do it before my work out (which I do about 3 to 5 times a week...the work out, not the meditating). I usually try not to think about anything, but I always fail miserably :S

26. rimpelcut You know it, I know it.

i meditate and now I can do lucid dreaming whenever I want

27. Chimmy Die Bugs Die

The way of the Samurai is found in death. Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily. Every day, when one's body and mind are at peace, one should meditate upon being ripped apart by arrows, rifles, spears and swords, being carried away by surging waves, being thrown into the midst of a great fire, being struck by lightning, being shaken to death by a great earthquake, falling from thousand-foot cliffs, dying of disease, committing seppuku at the death of one's master. And every day without fail one should consider himself as dead. This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai.

—Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

28. Kasumi 霞 Drawing Chalk Outlines

Lucky how some people have time to meditate... I'm usually too busy to... or if I have time I take a nap.