1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Memories That Evoke Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by Polaris, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Polaris Sagittarius Sun/Aquarius Ascendant

Everyone experiences these types of memories at some point, so I thought we could use a thread where we randomly write down memories from our past that make us feel nostalgic and sentimental.

Tags:
  2. Lind Fire and Blood

I have quite a few, but the one I like the most is the one with my dog. He used to be so furry and hyperactive and as a kid I enjoyed playing with him a lot. He used to go to a lot of dog shows and win awards. Unfortunately he came back from one of them injured and his leg could never be fixed. He eventually became really sick and stopped eating and slowly passed away. This was 7 years ago, and we haven’t had a pet since. But every time I look at his picture I still remember how fun it was having him in the house :D

3. Azure Ihrat Reminiscence Retired Staff

valdens' diseased penis

truly a formative experience of my teenage years

4. Charmander Retired

Mexico
    Memories of playing basketball, nintendo 64 and watching db with my cousins always makes me feel nostalgic.

5. 2324lk0ads98falkasjdfl;a Angel Eyes

Memories of growing up in my grandparents' house..they were good times that I really, really miss.

7. Shrike Let's Baby

I feel like Polaris is doing some social experiment with these threads.

To answer, I do have lots of those. Lots of high school flash backs, early college days, some elementary school and tons of moments from my childhood. They are too numerous to specifically describe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Polaris Sagittarius Sun/Aquarius Ascendant

I gotta pose this question to like most of the peope in this thread who posted rather concise responses; Why not describe specific memories in detail?

For real though? You have no memories of being mischievous and having a blast with your friends as a kid/teenager that evoke nostalgia and stuff like that?

9. Virus Well-Known Member

When I used to play outside the whole day with friends until dusk and mother would call me from the balcony. I get this memory when I smell the fresh breeze upon opening the window or even when I look at the sunset.

Also when I smell cheese puffs I become nostalgic about back when I was a kid and bought cheese puffs with TASO inside.

10. 2324lk0ads98falkasjdfl;a Angel Eyes

No i generally have a lot of bad memories. Thats the most i can remember. MY dad was overprotective so we didnt get to go out and do things with friends. Then after highschool i rebelled like crazy and only got in trouble. More things i wanna forget.

11. Sassy ~Equipped with chaos~

Playing anything on Nintendo 64 was such a highlight in my childhood, my mother didn't give two shits if me and my older sister were more into gaming then playing dress-up and dolls. Espicially always enjoyed coming home from school just so I could play on the 64 whether it was 007 Deadeye, ExciteBike 64, Donkey Kong, Smash Bros. or any other games we had I couldn't help but always wanting to play. Playing them when I was lonely, stressed out as a child, bored or ultimately just wanted to escape the world it was never-ending worlds to play in.

Another memory as always was playing Yugioh with my older sister and older cousin. Despite me and my older sister not grasping much on how the rules were in playing my older cousin still had a good time playing with us, showing us the rules, building decks, fusing which cards with what. I know it was probably annoying and frustrating to always show us how to play and follow the rules but my cousin never mentioned it. Always had a grin and smile on his face when he was teaching us.

12. Itachі Man of The People

13. selfconcile Active Member

Most of my nostalgia relates to the desperation in my youth. I went to a small private school in a very Asian city. There wasn't much to do besides studying, partly because I mostly kept to myself and tried to fit my parents' expectations and partly because it was very, very small. It's given me regrets about my social and emotional development in the past. I'm okay now, but I remember those feelings every now and then at Chinese grocery stores and when I see a group of students in uniform.

For a related reason I also feel a fake-nostalgia for times I didn't have. The beige-orange glow of street lamps at the train station, thinking about my friends' stories and photos of their high school adventures, the beach. There was a time that I was so desperate for a feeling of belonging, or having people similar to you that also liked you, that I would go to the beach at night hoping something good would happen. (There were only shady people there, but it was a nice night view, especially with the faraway planes reflected in the water.) Again, things have improved considerably, but I get those feelings every now and then.

14. Harmonie Crazy Woodwind Lady

It's hard for me to really give a really good answer because I tend to form nostalgia for all times of my life and pretty rapidly.

My greatest nostalgia comes from 2007 and before, though. This was back when I was purely a 'child', untouched by any real tragedies. I lived a life able to fully assume that I would have a happy, 'normal' future like everyone else. So carefree, so hopeful. Even though I was depressing on the surface, I had no idea what a depressing life actually was like. I feel like I was living a completely different life back then. The nostalgia I get from that time (especially late 2006/early 2007, the earlier back we go it somehow feels more detached from pain) is so painful that it nearly makes me ill.

Then I have nostalgia for my social life in 2008. When I actually got the courage to come out to someone and then got into a relationship. A lot of things in my life had gone downhill, but this was one of the few things keeping me happy. And it was really nice. It's... not something I've had since. =(

I have nostalgia for late 2012/early 2013 when I went to a nice university and got to be a part of their fantastic symphony orchestra. We played wonderful pieces such as Stravinsky's Rite of Spring and Holst's The Planets. It was so amazing to be a part of something so great. I could only dream of getting to do that again...

I even have nostalgia for times following, even though it was a bit of a depressing time.

15. mcpon14 Well-Known Member

Playing Super Smash Bros. on the N64. It had a different feel to it than Melee or Brawl.

16. Takaya Well-Known Member

Rereading the books I read when I was younger, or listening to the music from back then. It takes me back to the past in a big way.

Lord of the Rings is nostalgic for me, especially.

17. mcpon14 Well-Known Member

Me, too. I used to love certain Disney songs and cartoon theme songs when I was little and hearing them takes me back to those days of my childhood.

18. Takaya Well-Known Member

Haha oh man yeah, Disney stuff. There are Disney movies and shows that still lurk somewhere in my brain. A whole lot of cartoons, actually, that are like sudden doses of my childhood.

But the Disney songs... those are a big one.

19. mcpon14 Well-Known Member

They had some of the corniest songs but those were my favorites. :)