1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

5. The KCC is hosting a Short Story Contest!
    Entries are due by July 9th at 2:30am UTC!
    Dismiss Notice

[Merged Spoilers] Naruto's Growth

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by m0nr, Jun 16, 2005.

1. m0nr tremulant

Yo. This is now the officially designated thread for all discussion about Naruto's growth postskip. There have been way too many threads asking the same questions and way too many threads whenever Naruto pulls off a new skill.

If you have something of genuine value to say, you can post it in a separate thread. If I agree I'll let it be, otherwise it's getting merged in here.

- Wrath

what's with that giant shuriken thing naruto summoned? I found it a bit pointless, unless its got some sort of hidden power to it? maybe it'll turn into a big frog or something :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2005
    Tags:
  2. GigiSpligi :O

maybe he just thought it was better than a normal shuriken or a kunai...

and now we know for sure he knows how to use weapon scrolls

3. TenshiOni Active Member

Dude...be happy...Naruto is using freakin' scrolls now to summon weapons...like in all those chapter covers....:drool

Awesome. :knk

Though, ineffective.

4. Signy New Member

I think he sealed it so he could carry it around with him with out a back pack.

And its just a weapon, kakashi said dont rush in so he summond somthing that would require you to block because its so big. Unfortunatly for naruto puppet boy has his tail so not much effort is needed to block.

5. ShounenSuki Ruler of Penguins

I agree, it looked very cool. a shame it didn't do anything though...

6. DragonSlayer Active Member

Well, I suppose it is better than a small kunai or a normal shuriken. And Naruto probably summoned it because he wouldn't carry something like that around. I think it was cool, and in a way it also shows Naruto's growth.

7. deth moad ue Member

We've now seen him use weapons other than ninja stars and kunai...we've now seen him use a weapon scroll, which he's never done (he always has to dig in his little fanny-pack thing for them....

And he's tested the waters RE: Sasori. From just that maneuver, he now knows that Sasori has fine control over that tail, and that it is hard enough to flat out deflect the weapon (rather than intercept/grab it) without being damaged. He also can assume that Sasori would rather block/parry than dodge attacks...at least weapon attacks.

Naruto just got a glimpse of Sasori's fighting style and capabilities without putting himself in direct danger.

Nice move, i think.

8. Gyroscope the flavin and the mavin

Stupid TenTen ripoff :notrust.Now she has nothing special ='(

9. RaitoRyuukashin Banned

Lol i was just thinking while reading that he = her in kunai throwing. They both get deflected.

10. mayumi Well-Known Member

no naruto was the first shown with the shuriken, not tenten in the manga. but its sad that tenten only fights with weapons.
    ________
    Avandia settlement info

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  11. sayam lurker

Naruto might have developed a thing for giant shurikens, probobly traumatized by Mizuki.
    first vs kakshi when his kage bunshin transformed into a pretty oversized shuriken and now this one.

12. blue fox Kage Bushin no Jutsu!

While it was kind of a waste, it shows Naruto is thrifty now. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in chapter 1, Mizuki (haha...263 chapters sure is far back!) carried two of those type shurikens on his back. That must have been burdensome and heavy. Naruto on the other hand knows how to seal stuff up like that into scrolls to be able to use them at whim at a later date. This is a useful ability IMO.

Another clue that Naruto is good at seal-related stuff? (as in...THAT jutsu being to UNseal the Kyuubi?)

13. Cholisose Uhh... (cough)

Mizuki's giant blades are really different from the one that Naruto threw, at least in design.

And yes, Naruto is just trying to take a page from the greatest foe he ever had to face. ;]

14. Dyroness x

Not super... the only thing I noticed, though, is that each time he uses a Fuuma Shuriken it changes design. I find that astoundly cool.

15. jemakai Active Member

Most ninja's in Naruto test out their opponents out by throwing out Kunai's, notice Naruto threw it after Kakashi stoped him from charging in. Now Naruto's knows how fast Sasori is and to avoid that tail.

16. Shiron BOING!!!

I agree. He probably summoned the shuriken for the reasons you mentioned. That would show some growth in Naruto's tactical abillities, which is to be expected after 2.5 years of training with the legendary Jiraiya.

17. Hinata is so cute :glomp

Are you sure this was a Fuuma shuriken? I thought the Fuuma shuriken was only the one that folded up.

Of course, if you can find a place where a non collapsable large shuriken is referred to as Fuuma, then I am wrong.

18. lwong81 Member

wonder what other things he sealed in scrolls.
    can you seal ramen?

19. sayam lurker

I don't think this was the Fuuma shuriken. but the design on thois one was pretty cool.

20. Kineas Standing alone.

Pardon me, but that's simply delusional. :p

Naruto summoned and threw the shuriken because he was so enraged that Sasori and Deidera were engaging in their own little conversation whilst facing off against them.

Also, Naruto couldn't revive himself from his state of anger, and split the team into 2 by just rushing out of the cave in a fit of anger directed at Deidara. From Kakashi's reaction, we can tell that he didn't think of that highly too.

To sum up, there was nothing tactical about Naruto's actions in this chapter.

21. Nakor Active Member

i agree...i think it just shows that naruto is still somewhat immature and that he can't control his emotions yet.

22. Procyon Loveless

23. GigiSpligi :O

kineas, how can you tell that naruto's actions are ONLY brought up by anger?

I mean... it's freaking OBVIOUS he threw that shuriken out of rage... but you think he thought he could KILL them whith that piece of metal? lol even friggin'dead zabuza was able to dodge them... he obviously knew he couldn't do anything with that, except study them... and that was a good move

again... he split the team and did a bad thing... i agree on this...
    but... what would have you done? <--- probably bad english
    one of them is going away with the objective of your mission... you can't let him go... i already told that i admin he was reckless, but in the and kakashi probably would have come up with the same plan (maybe he would have asked team gai first, then divide the team)

24. Raikage~Majere Kumo's BucketHat Genin

About the whole summoning a fuuma like shuriken, why didn't Naruto just throw a regular shuriken or kunai from his pouch? It would have been a lot faster then having to whip out a scroll to bring out a heavy weapon. I think it might have been done for the against Sasori. Just something left behind that Sakura or Chiyo will use to defeat him or just wound him severly.

25. rubbereruben Drunken Fist Style

Of course, that shuriken will be of importance in the next chapter. We just don't know it yet.

He'll probably pop out a bunshin out of that shuriken or something. It's obvious.

26. wolvy96 New Member

I liked how Deidara and Sasori were just bickering with eachother and didn't even care that Naruto threw the thing. They just deflected it like it was nothing.

27. Kabuki-bayo Kabuki: OG Chambara!

I agree with Ruben, this summoned shuriken will serve some very important purpose in the next few chapters. I'm hoping that it's a frog of some sort that he henge no jutsu'd into a shuriken, but you're probably right in saying that it's a bunshin.

You guys ever wonder why all those English dudes with the red coats and dogs are so dead set on hunting foxes even in today's day and age? BECAUSE THEY'RE REALLY SMART AND HARD AS HELL TO CATCH!!! Unlike their pack-based cousins the wolves, foxes are crafty and solitary predators.

He hasn't come out and admitted it in an interview or anything, but I'm pretty sure Kishimoto-sama had more in mind then just how cool Naruto looks when he drew those whiskers, teeth, and eyes into his character design. They DO look cool too though...

28. unimatrixzer0 I was violated by Sasuke X(

I guess its a possibility that he used it as a destraction as he did something else.

Or a far out there less possible reason. Maybe its like Yondaime?s Special Kunai? Yellow Flash, v2.0 lol

29. Nois eternal otter-kun

Agree^^.. and maybe that shuriken is Gamakichi^^ that would be soo cool^^ like Jira and Bunta...

30. Franckie Shinigami Chop

I'm just glad he didn't charge with a rasengan. The use of scrolls solidifies his growth and that makes me happy.