1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

#MeToo: Nana Patekar steps out of 'Housefull 4

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Amol, Oct 13, 2018 at 12:18 PM.

1. Amol Chief of Wisdom

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 12:38 PM
    Tags:
  2. Amol Chief of Wisdom

About ten years ago while shooting an item song(google it's meaning ) Nana had apparently groped Tanushree while Nana maintains that he was merely doing what choreographer had told him. They had big fight on set and in his vanity van . She accused both Nana and choreographer of harassing her and was promptly kicked out of song(she wasn't Heroine of the movie, she was in it just for that song).
    Now after ten years(she had left film industry) she accused Nana for sexual harassment in light of #MeToo movement and it opened whole new investigation.
    Bollywood has split in two sides supporting both. Some say her complaint is genuine while some say it is publicity stunt by washed up actress who don't get work anymore.
    Personally I was on Nana's side as I have actually met him and he has kind of saintly image considering all the work he has done for poor farmers but apparently Tanushree has eye witnesses and I no longer know what to believe.
    This incident had started series of accusation against some very high profile people in Bollywood, politics and other places. It is gonna be interesting to see what happens in next week. We might even see Minister of BJP getting arrested next week.

3. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

I don't think anyone ever makes a #metoo statement for publicity.
    Its not like they want to get death threats or have it suggested that they're a slut or that they deserve to be assaulted if they've ever had a sex life. Plus the celebrity is usually either too minor to survive that controversy or bad press. Or big enough not to need a political publicity stunt.

4. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

Well bear in mind witnesses usually have no proof other than claiming that what one person claims is true. In the ends its claims.

5. Amol Chief of Wisdom

One eye witness that has come forward was spot boy on that set.
    He didn't actually see Nana groping Tanushree. He however witnessed them having a huge fight over it while everybody on set was telling her not to antagonize Nana, Choreographer and Director of the movie if she wants her job.
    Some people who were present on set says that it probably comes to intentions. What Tanushree thought was inappropriate groping was probably just dance steps done by Nana who had no malicious intent.
    Well case is court now. Next week will have more detailed story.

6. RavenSupreme Well-Known Member

And yet witness testimony is one of the major causes for convictions. No one makes a witness testimony just randomly. This is the real deal and when whatever allegation got confirmed by third parties its not really looking good for the perp.

General aspect. Havent read this particular case

7. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

Yes I know, I just dont agree with it. Personally I would never convict on testimony, not just for sex crimes, but any crimes.

Unless the testimonies had additional evidence, like independent testimonies knowing details that would be impossible to know, I know they have not talked to each other and I know those details to be true for a fact.

But if it were just a matter of credibility of word vs credibility of word, nope, I could never convict on it and would hold out.

9. RavenSupreme Well-Known Member

But is it like that? Word vs Word rarely leads anywhere, sure. But Word vs Word and a third party supporting one of them is another case.

10. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

Does that third party has anything other than his word to support the original claim which had no proof other than his word?

11. RavenSupreme Well-Known Member

What else than their word are they supposed to have? One of the reasons so many people install dash-cams in their cars is because in cases of unclear accidents on the road, one drivers word on its own is often pit against the words of 2 words from the other side. And while only the opposing driver has to explain himself to clear the question of guilt, its the second person in the car who confirms that story - leaving the other side at an disadvantage due to not having such a witness testimony.