1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Come join the KCC Haiku Contest -- Summer!
    Entries due by August 17th at 2:30 PM UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

MGS1 vs MGS3

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by ZergKage, Sep 29, 2006.

1. ZergKage

Solid Snake vs The Boss
    Pycho Mantis vs The Sorrow
    Sniper Wolf vs The End
    Gray Wolf vs The Fear
    Vulcan vs The Fury
    Liquid Snake vs Col. Volgin
    Meryl vs Eva
    Old Revolver Ocelot vs Younger Version

Battle to the death in the Forest. Each one on one

Team with the most wins....wins

No Decoy Oct as we dont know how good of a fighter he is. Thus The Pain is excluded also

Tags:
  2. omg laser pew pew!

I'm tempted to say MGS3 if only because of Big Boss

3. Goodfellow

Hmm, probably MGS1 all the way. But the fight between Snake and the Boss might be uncertain. And Mantis can't kill Sorrow, becouse Sorrow is already dead (and he was probably a stronger psychic anyway). Eva and The End are the only people with a clear chance of victory.

4. Pink Floyd

Although Solid Snake did defeat Big Boss, I think the real deal is better than the clone. Volgin is too good, but the Fear sucks big time!!!

5. Comic Book Guy Retired Staff

Too damn close to call.

Not even sure how this fight would even go.

Location, and where do they start from each other.

I would say Gray Fox. He's more capable in close-quarters than Fear I'd say, and is a cyborg ninja with a katana.

Ouch. Good one. One has a gatling gun, the other can fly and wield a rocket fuelled flamethrower. Raven can stand the cold, but can he stand the heat? It depends whether he can maneuveur the gatling easy enough to lock onto Fury who flies.

Depends on how Liquid's close-quarters is.

No idea.

Depends on how far they are from each other. Old has definitely more experience, younger wields two revolvers instead of one, and learns CQC as he goes on in SE.

6. ZergKage

Thats the kind of post i was lookin for.....anyways

Assuming every fight is in a forest

I think The boss would be over Solid Snake as i feel she was the perfect fighting machine.

I also dont know how the Sorrow/PM fight would go but i have a gut feeling that PM would win. Maybe its the TK

Sniper Wolf would go down in the end imo. He could you use the forest animals and such to learn where she would be

Gray Wolf over the Fear. His technology could problably pick up The Fear while inviso. and he should be able to finish him off.

Gotta go with the Fury on this one. If i remember correctly he was pretty much immune to bullets unless hit in the jetpack. But Vulcan has a huge gun.....I dunno in the forest Fury might be able to flame an area and escape burning Vulcan

I've gotta go with my fav MGS character, Liquid. I'd say hes slighty worse than Solid at H2H combat but he has insane durability.

Dunno about this one. Meryl is pretty sneaky but green. Guess i'll take EVA.

And last but not least i'll take the older Ocelot. Smarter and a better shot

7. Comic Book Guy Retired Staff

Alrighyty. FOXHound may be out of their element. Maybe.

Understandable. She and Big Boss developed CQC together.

Affecting an intangible character? The only time Sorrow interacted with Naked Snake was when Naked Snake was nearly drowned.

Not to mention, The End has homeground advantage in the forest. Sniper Wolf's is usually an urban sniper. However, she may have an advantage since she knows The End's techniques, who's the father of modern sniping.

Also. . . The End uses Tranqs. Wolf's going to need a lot before she goes down.

UNderstandable.

Gatling bullets are far more powerful. It all boils down to how well Raven can maneuveur his gatling.

Understandable. He may also know about Volgin, since he's obsessed with surpassing Big Boss.

It's the Desert Eagle vs. the Broomhandle. EVA can handle herself pretty well.

Not to mention he can play mindgames with his younger self.

8. Freija

Already declared, Solid killed Big Boss, so why wouldn't he kill The Boss ?
    Sorrow, he's already dead
    Sniper wolf, the end dies of old age
    you mean Grey Fox ?, Fox wins easily, he's too crazy for most of the cobras
    this a joke ? Vulcan roxx
    Liquid easily, he's the only one to actually square with Snake
    Meryl easily, EVA was too snobbish to actually do something.
    Younger version, obviously his reflexes are higher, his speed is higher, and stamina. and i do not doubt that if they actually faught against eachother both would want a quick draw duel, thus i take younger cause his reflexes and reloading and "recocking" is faster.
    and MGS 1 wins.

so that's why Snake won with hand to hand.

9. Comic Book Guy Retired Staff

Big Boss in his 70s, using an improvise flamethrower.

Naked Snake had to be near-death for the Sorrow to interact with him.

Possible. Sniper Wolf can easily outlast The End.

Understandable.

Is he able to get Fury in the air? Will he be able to take on rocket fuelled heat, least dodge it?

Understandable.

Understandable.

Older Ocelot has a lot more experience, and can use his own self's knowledge to play mind games with the younger Ocelot.

Snake killed Big Boss with an improvised flamethrower. And Big Boss was in his 70s.

10. Freija

he still beat him.
    in the end Sorrow would still win cause he's dead already, he can't die again

he survived an exploding tank, so why not ?

true enough, but in a quick draw duel, younger would most likely win

still, he beat him fair and square ^_^

11. Comic Book Guy Retired Staff

Yeah, with Big Boss in his 70s. And Snake still used an improvised flamethrower of all things.

Understandable, but it's hard to say how one can affect the other.

Rocket-fuelled flamethrower?

Remember, Ocelot had the entire course of SE to get used to the revolvers. Although he did got use to them, older Ocelot had far more experience with them. Would the duel revolvers be able to keep up with old Ocelot's shooting skill as seen in the Tanker Mission when he downed Marine Commander and the Gurlokovich?

Yeah. Beating a soldier in his 70s with an improvised flamethrower. Real fair.

12. Giovanni Rild

This thread is one sick ass spoiler.:readem :cussing

13. Zack_Strife

Solid Snake takes the boss. He took Big Boss, all of Foxhound, Gray Fox as a man and as a Ninja as well as a stupid amount of Metal Gears.
    Can Mantis even fight the Sorrow? Can the Sorrow fight at all?
    Ninja Gray Fox makes mincemeat of the Fear. He can chop down bullets. A poxy bowgun will be nothing to him and he can become just as invisible but without the hunger drawback.
    Vulcan vs Fury is just a case of who gets the first shot although Vulcan has greater range than Fury's flames.
    The End will own Wolf without problems.
    Liquid Snake is genetically superior to Solid. On paper he should take Volgin because he's the best of Big Boss, however he's a fruitcake with an inferiority complex, so meh.
    Meryl can't fight for shit. Eva wins.
    Old Ocelot can't win because killing himself means, well killing himself.

14. Comic Book Guy Retired Staff

Snake! You casued a time paradox!

15. omg laser pew pew!

16. ZE

Sniper Wolf and her boobies kill them all.

17. Comic Book Guy Retired Staff

What does Wolf have on Eva? Eva tempted Big Boss and succeeded.

18. ZergKage

1. Well first think first. Solid beat an older(much much older) Big Boss. The Boss destoryed him in his prime in every encounter. Also Snake couldnt kill Liquid without Foxdie, if it wasnt for that Liquid would have killed Solid. Big Boss only beat The Boss because it was her last duty, to die, meaning if she wanted she could have beaten him again.

2. In my orginal post i assumed Sorrow would be alive but that is my bad. If this is the same Sorrow that faced Naked Snake i'd think Mantis could match him in TP. Eventually he would figure something out, he was the strongest TP in the MGS world i believe.

3. I guess its a lil unfair to put Wolf in an envirnoment where The End should be nigh unbeatable. But even in an urban envirnoment The End still has his bird he could use. Still if Big Boss could kill him in the forest, Sniper should do pretty well. Like was brought up he only uses Tranqs. but i'm sure once your hit with one you wont be able to do much(outside of the game element)

4. To whomever said its Grey, I got it from Wikipedia but anyways i seem to remember it being Gray. He wins anyways since poison shouldnt do anything to him.

5. When fighting Fury i remember trying everything before finaly hitting him in the jetpack. Even the sniper rifle didnt put a dent in him. I'd think while the gatling could do some major damage, it shouldnt kill him. He also has flight and a very powerful flamethrower. He could just burn up the area and then pick and choose when to strike

6. Liquid should be able to handle Volgin....wont be easy but he should get the job done

7. Eva should beat Meryl tho i guess she never died in MGS we'll see if she gets better

8. Older Ocelot should be able to beat his younger self. If it came to H2H it could be a different story but Oldy should be able to end it before then

I know i already said this stuff but this is kinda more in depth

19. Comic Book Guy Retired Staff

Although it was her duty to die for her country, it's debatable whether she actually threw the entire fight. If she threw the entire fight, we wouldn't have the scene where the MIGs would come in and bomb Naked Snake and the Boss both if (you the player) failed to defeat the Boss.

I think that he killed everyone in his city or village (wherever he was from) during a psychic outlash.

There's a huge difference in caliber between a sniper's bullet and a bullet from a gatling gun taken from a tank.

Well, I believes it all boils down whether Raven can maneuveur his gatling enough to get Fury who's in the air. I have the TS cutscenes that I can gauge from Raven. However, there's a difference in PS1 portrayal and TS portrayal cutscene-wise.

Eva 'disappeared' in Hanoi. She could be alive by MGS4. Hopefully, Portable Ops will help solve her fate.

20. ZergKage

Why not??

This is very true and after looking it up it's a M61 Vulcan, equipped on aircraft and shoots about 100 bullets per second. Thats insane! Think i might have to change to Vulcan. Also in Twin Snakes he was able to sent out a raven that seemed to paralzye Snake. But whether thats canon or not is debatable

I was talkin about Meryl, because there are 2 different endings in MGS. But she is on the roster in MGS4

21. Freija

it's still fair :p
    agree, only reason i say Sorrow will win is cause he's dead, how they would affect each other is beyond me, but since it's a fight we'll have to assume they can somehow
    i still say he can take it, even if he can't he could just spray 20000 bullets on Fury, i doubt his suit would be able to take that.

oh, now that's a really good point, i wonder, you shed some doubt in my mind now, maybe old will win
    in a fight to the death anything is allowed.

it's obviously the one that lives that won.

the real ending (it was ment that you should survive the torture) includes Snake and Meryl getting inlove etc, they run off into the sunset in a snowscooter :D

22. Comic Book Guy Retired Staff

Why not what?

Understandable.

Ah, my mistake. Didn't it said she lived in the Document in MGS2?

Uh huh.

Well, Psycho Mantis uses TP and Sorrow uses dead people for guilt.

If he can maneuveur the gatling fast enough to get him in the air, as well as be mobile enough to avoid the flames.

Understandable.

Understandable, but Big Boss was in his 70s. Snake had a hell of a physical advantage.

She was mentioned in the Document in MGS2.

23. Freija

agree

true enough, but even if they were same age i still think Solid would take him down...
    never read those documents, and currently can't since my MGS 2 is stuck on every text = spanish, luckily the language they speak is english, but still xD, mind telling me what it said ?

24. Darklyre

Even if Big Boss and Solid Snake were the same age, I'd have to say that Big Boss would win. Remember, Solid got only the recessive genes. Big Boss has both the recessive and dominants. In effect, even from birth, Solid is only half the soldier Big Boss is. Also, Solid Snake suffers from genetic decay, meaning his body will be slightly older than Big Boss is, even at the same age.

25. Comic Book Guy Retired Staff

You know, the point of MGS1 was that genes doesn't completely determine who you are or what you're capable of.

It's a combination of genes (MGS1), memory (MGS2), scene (MGS3), and now decision/psychological (MGS4).