1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Mighty Avengers vs JLA

Discussion in 'Comics Battledome' started by unknowndanex, Oct 4, 2006.

1. unknowndanex

Superman
    Batman
    Green Lantern
    WonderWoman
    Flash
    Martian ManHunter
    Aquaman

Mighty Avengers
    IronMan
    Ms Marvel
    Wonderman
    Sentry
    Ares
    Wasp
    Black Widow

can the Avengers finally go toe to toe with JLA without picking random Avenger all stars and creating one

i give no comment, but i will give info if needed

Tags:
  2. Havoc

No, because Wasp and Black Widow would basically be dead weight. Ares was an Avenger?

3. unknowndanex

this is the Mighty Avengers roster, the comics start soon. and Ares is on the roster. it was released by marvel awhile back.

don't sleep on Black Widow and Wasp either

Black Widow can hold off Batman for awhile, she has great martial arts abilities from the Red Room, Captain America, and Wolverine. She also has a healing factor as well.

Wasp can also grow in size now in addition to getting smaller. she can also fire blast inside someone's head if she wanted to by flying into the ear.

4. Guy Gardner

Sentry vs. Supes will be basically a draw, since they are essentially supposed to be equal. Without intervention, this part of the battle will likely be a stalemate.

I see something similar with Wonder Woman and Ares. Considering Wonder Woman's hatred for her own brother, I doubt she'd back down. If Ares is anywhere near current Hercules strength, he'll definitely be able to dish some out. Another stalemate.

On the JLA, the Martian Manhunter, Flash, and Green Lantern are pretty much the people I see as dealbreakers. J'onn should be able to take down anyone out of the group outside of the first two mentioned. He's just too well-rounded and has way too many avenues of attack to just fuck people up. I think he'd get put against someone like Wonder Man, and they'd have a good battle but Manhunter's versatility would be the end of him.

Green Lantern vs. Iron Man would be a fucking awesome battle. I'm convinced, though, that Green Lantern would be powerful enough to take Tony, no matter which one you are using. Tony is definitely upgraded and intelligent, but Green Lantern is in the upper echleons of DC Power. I have problems seeing Tony, while an intensely powerful guy, take on someone like Green Lantern.

Batman and Black Widow is a wash. Batman probably would take her out, but essentially it's just two humans fighting it out. I doubt they'd have a huge effect on the battle. Wash out.

Ms. Marvel would beat Aquaman. He's a telepath, but she's got enough powers to hand him his ass. This would be one of those matchups that might have a cascading effect for the Mighty Avengers and allow them a win.

Wasp vs. Flash is Flash all the way. Growing big, shrinking down, she's gonna get her ass grabbed 50 times and then he'll beat on her. Now the newest Pietro (Or Ultimate Pietro) would make this battle VERY interesting. But this goes to the Flash.

Overall, the two big clashes and the smallest one are washes. In the middle, I think the Justice League takes it. You can switch around Flash, Manhunter, and Green Lantern a bit and I'd still give them the ultimate advantage. The classic JLA is probably the most overpowered group out there.

Now the CURRENT JLA would be much more interesting. The Mighty Avengers would win more often than not against the newest JLA lineup. But not the classic "Megapowers Unite!" lineup, nosiree.

5. unknowndanex

on Ares' strength.......his strength is equal to Poseidon and Hades but below Zeus and Hercules because he doesn't have the gauntlets anymore (if he had those, i don't know how WW would fare considering it increased his strength 100-fold....he dwarfed current Hercules in strength at that point). but yeah it would be a helluva match considering what Ares does have over Hercules is limitless stamina and his healing factor is damn near instant.

only thing about Hercules though.....he was much stronger in the early days, Hercules has been toned down due to Zeus. so Ares with the gauntlets was more on par with the past Hercules who had limitless strength.

but i'm not using the gauntlets for this battle

they have him classed as 70 tons, but u know how that is horrible in determing anything. wonderman is classed at 85 but held up a 50,000 ton printing press even before the Kree Nega bomb power-up.

what is the current JLA lineup now JnR?

i thought it wasn't revealed yet......last time i checked superman, batman, and wonderwoman are the only confirmed members

6. Comic Book Guy Retired Staff

Big 3
    -Superman
    -Batman
    -Wonder Woman

The rest
    -Arsenal
    -Black Lightning
    -Black Canary
    -Cheetah
    -Hal Jordon
    -Red Tornado

7. Guy Gardner

Yeah, those are the confirmed at moment (Except for Cheetah. When was she hinted at?). It's not that powerful (Though Black Lightning is underrated, as well as Black Canary and Red Tornado), and I'd argue that the Mighty Avengers would be able to take them down a majority of the times.

I'd say that Wonder Woman would be able to hold him off with superior speed and being more of an all-rounder (As Ares sounds more like your standard powerhouse), judging from the most recent info you just gave me. I don't think she could beat him, but she could hold him off until a few other leaguers (Probably Flash and Martian Manhunter) came in to help.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  8. unknowndanex

yeah, the numbers game can catch up depending on the battles......

there's a lot of things that can happen that can sway the battle, i guess Mighty Avengers is supposed to be the powerhouse squad and i don't even know whose gonna be on the regular avengers. it's supposed to be two avengers series but i guess the other roster could potentially start giving plot hints of civil war considering might avengers consist of already registered members (except Ares, that has to be explained....that caught me off guard).

oh yeah don't forget one more thing. Ares does have one ace in the hold if he does not fight WW and leaves WM to fight her. he can go undetected in a way only a god or WW (with her divine sight) can see him. he can also possess people if he wanted to.......turning Flash on his team.
    well i'm tryna refrain from changing the original lineup. but yeah Pietro (Ultimates 12 was great by the way) and now Northstar have probably stepped into the we can take on Flash speedsters now.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  9. korican04

What has ms marvel been doing lately? Can she still manipulate energy or is she flying with superstrength again?

10. Gunners

I hate the big 3.

Big Free should be.

Superman, Batman and Flash.

Why the fuck is womderwoman there? I guess they have to keep the female audience happy but I don't understand why she is there and the Flash isn't.

11. Comic Book Guy Retired Staff

Wonder Woman's there because she's female.

12. Galt

And Flash isn't because it'd be really awkward for the Justice League to lose the same big three member every damn time there's a crisis of Infinite Proportions.

13. Havoc

It wouldn't seem right to have Flash as one of the big three.

14. unknowndanex

she is still flying with superstrength and she can manipulate and absorb energy as well. just not on the level she could as binary. she can also manipulate gravity forces as well and can augment her strength and speed with that as well. basically she can make herself stronger with absorbtion of energy and use it in blasts as well. she is a valuable asset in this battle.

15. Gunners

I just hate Wonderwoman. Flash should be in the big free, she should be their cook or sommit.

Well I dont hate wonderwoman she shouldn't be in the big 3 in my opinion. Flash is a much greater hero than Wonderwoman and without PIS he should whoop her ass in a fight a long with Batman.

Anyway I give this match to JLA.

I think FLash could Vibrate through Iron man to his body if it is there and kill him.

I think Superman and Wonderman level each other but superman prevails. due to speed advantage.

Other members I don;t know much on.

16. unknowndanex

Sentry is Superman-level at the least (with telepathy and photokinesis on top of that) so don't be quick to just throw Wonderman to Superman cause that leaves Sentry to have some fun.

Ares is of course an Olympian God as u know. He tore through Hade's army almost single handedly. Can make himself only visible to Gods (meaning only WW would be able to see him), he can also posess people as well. Those abilities on top of his strength which is Poseidon level, limitless stamina, invulnerability, and ridiculous regeneration abilities.

i already explained Ms. Marvel

don't forget Ironman does have access to all his suits at one time like he did in the New Avengers annual. meaning he can control the HulkBuster and ThorBuster armor's at the same time if need be.

Flash is just not gonna run free like he's the greatest thing ever. Also if Superman fights Wonderman, Flash could potentially be up against someone whose molecules are an instant ahead of current time (The Sentry).

Black Widow is there for Batman basically

Wasp can grow or shrink (in which she can fire blasts at that small size). She could try to fly in Supes ears and tear his head up given his super hearing and all like Wonderwoman did.

hope that helps u out a bit on abilities, i could go more in depth

17. Cthulhu-versailles

What is this Avenger line up revamp that is being spoken off going on in marvel? - The last thing I know is that The New Avengers formed up and I then read maybe to issue 11, then some of HOM and finnally some more of New Avengers.... and then Civil war:nuts ( I don't think I actually read any one individual

As for the fight

Sentry > Superman

question-
    I know about Ironman's power-up and what he's got now, more or less, but how many Armors does Ironman actually have? Dependant on the answer to that would depend on if Ironman could stand up to say Martial Man-hunter.

Green latern Hal Vs Ms Marvel...
    = Don't know anything about Ms. Marvel:)

Flash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wasp

Batman > Black Widow. Her showings in Daredevil's comic mean Batman pwns her. Not to mention she is a worse fighters.

I Know nothing about the other people on the marvel team...

18. The ACE

Superman
    Batman
    Green Lantern
    WonderWoman
    Flash
    Martian ManHunter
    Aquaman

Mighty Avengers
    IronMan
    Ms Marvel
    Wonderman
    Sentry
    Ares
    Wasp
    Black Widow

============

This will still be too much for the "Mighty" Avengers. Ares is not even near the DC Ares power level whom Diana fought toe-to-toe before. Unless the Avengers get prep-time, they are gonna get a terrible beating here.

19. unknowndanex

what was Ares' DC power level??????? isn't it below Hercules????

don't forget, Ares can go possess Manhunter or Flash and have a field day

she has been in way more comics than just Daredevil, but she would give batman a run for his money with her healing ability.

i gave some info on ms. marvel already

see New Avengers Annual

had somewhere between 20-30, and thats at the least.

before Sentry came along, Wonderman was considered the most powerful avenger ever next to Thor. Wonderman has given it Thor a couple of times as well. without plot he would be a formidable opponent for anyone on the JLA team. with plot he would just die cause marvel loves killing him off. he's purely ionic energy, his strength is pretty high, he toyed with the Hulk back when he fought him.

20. Guy Gardner

Ares is pretty insane. Here's his wiki powers description:

When did she actually go one-on-one with Ares? I honestly don't remember that... but I don't follow Wonder Woman much, which would explain that.

On MM's strength: He's up there. He's shown himself to be able to go toe-to-toe with Supes and give him some trouble. I'd put him in Wonder Woman territory, maybe a little above or below. He screw Tony up, though. That's just an unfair matchup.

21. Havoc

Physically who would you put as the strongest, I say Sentry, but I'm a completely biased fanboy.

22. The ACE

Ares is waay stronger than DC's Herakles. Ares may possess Flash but he isn't doing that to a guy who can turn intangible and possesses one of the most powerful telepathic mind on Earth. Flash has been shown to save Batman in Gotham, Aquaman in Atlantis, Superman in Metropoils, Green Lantern in New York all in UNDER ONE SECOND. In JLA Extreme , he was shown to be at 2 places at the same time helping the regular JLA and JLA Extreme in battle. The only way Ares can do a possession is he gets a jump on first on Flash. I wouldn't put too much stock on someone Thor defeats on a regular basis.

23. unknowndanex

don't compare Ares of old to Ares of now. Ares has become basically an olympian god bad ass with guns and an attitude change now. read the new Ares series (graphic is comin out tomorrow), he's received a bit of a make over now. these are modern times, stuff back in the 80s won't really help much in this argument. Ares is different, Ms. Marvel can absorb energies along with her classic powers (could become Binary again if she absorbed enough energy potentially), Wonderman is powered up post Kree-Nega Bomb (powerful enough that he gave anyone near him superpowers before he harnessed them), Ironman Extremis (and all the other armors if need be including ThorBuster and HulkBuster), Sentry of course, Wasp can grow and shrink, Black Widow is just still Black Widow.

I would have used the Bart Allen Flash, but Fastest Man Alive hasn't been out for too long. I know he is basically the speed force now, but he hasn't shown the full extent of powers yet so for this match it is still Wally West. but this is the most modern carnations of the characters.

i don't remember the saving Batman and all of them feat. but i do remember him doing a better feat of saving about 30 people from a nuclear blast in under a second but it left him on his knees in exhaustion.

24. Cthulhu-versailles

Um, okay, but who in the Avengers is going to deal with even Wally West?
    Flash would defeat Wasp in at most 2 seconds and that is being very generous to wasp.

-Batman would eventually beat Black Widow, probably wouldn't take long either, and that is even assuming her showings are so much better then what she's shown in Daredevl's comic.

-Aquaman can give Wonderman a Seizure. That is unless he is immune to that...

-Green Latern is another one who no one but Sentry can really deal with. MS. Marvel can um absorb energy or something you said... well GL Ring can also. Not to mention that it is horrendously cheap in that it can just trap people and make them non-factors in the fight for awhile. Seriously, Gl Ring is pretty damn cheap, esepcially the supposed auto-defense.:notrust

Martial Man Hunter without being written into losing is rather broken. Even If Ironman has 20 or 30 armors or whatever, Tony is still a man and in one specific armor. Granted that intial armor of his has become pretty uber. I mean he's faster and that force filed he put up in New Avengers was beastly. Not to mention his varied powers and junk. Still, so what? Man Hunter can just become intagible and reach in grabbing Tony's internal organs.Moreover, Martial Manhunter is consider near or at Superman-Speed. Plus, MM has shape shifting and heat beams of his own, along with crazy strength and high enough durability. ( I'm also pretty sure he lost the weakness to fire.) So MM would pretty much just pwn Ironman if he attacks actual Ironman. Otherwise all Ironman would really be doing is stalling Man Hunter. Ironman could in fact hurt him, but actually beating him is pretty much not goign to happen.( The Above is also assuming mind owning is unavailble because the armor has some blocker)

Marvel's only hope is Sentry. (Ares could also be a huge factor, becase he's fuckign Ares.) Anyway, I'd say Sentry is obviously the best guy they've got. Sentry would in fact pwn Superman, although it would take some time.

25. unknowndanex

wouldn't work considering he is pure energy now. Aquaman would get destroyed by Wonderman if he chose to fight Aquaman. i would match WM up with MM considering he has dealt with an intangible and density changing opponent (Vision), MM's speed is below Superman and WM can keep up with him and go toe to toe with him as well.

whoever wins gets blasted and killed just for the hell of it. or gets hit by flash by mistake

IronMan could more than likely fight Aquaman and win btw, leaving him to help.............

Ms. Marvel fight GL which would be rather interesting

but Flash is around as well so its really dependent on how fast Sentry can take down Superman or..........

if Wonderman destracts Superman for awhile why Sentry dispatches Aquaman, and MM.

of course Ares could fight WW

its too many ways the bout to go than just to take the matches u think will happen and make the argument go. sentry is very powerful indeed, but the individual battle does not HAVE to have Sentry vs Superman. there are others who can give Superman a fight (but not beat him) on that team.

26. Guy Gardner

Again, the depth of the teams is what really matters. Look at it this way:

Superman won't lose to Sentry quickly, if at all. Both of them will be knocking the hell out of each other the entire time, and in all likelihood it'll take maybe two other teammates to really beat the other one down permanently.

Wonder Woman and Ares is a wash, since both are pretty Godlike. They'll keep each other busy.

At the bottom end, Aquaman, Batman, Black Widow, and Wasp are all washouts, since they really don't have enough power to stand up to the rest of the teams.

The middle of the lineup matters. For the JL: Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, and the Flash. For the Mighty Avengers, Wonderman, Ms. Marvel, and Iron Man. Not to say anything bad, as that's a pretty great supporting cast, but Iron Man is almost a sure knockout for the JLA. Ms. Marvel is also on the low end, though her energy manipulation might screw around with GL (I'd say Flash could beat the shit out of her well enough). Wonderman is the most powerful of the bunch, but I'd argue that Martian Manhunter stand more than a good chance of taking him down with his "Swiss Army Knife" list of powers (Remember, he really fucked up Ultraman, Superman's evil 'Antimatter Universe' Counterpart), and the other two have powers that would allow them to fight without having to directly face his ungodly strength.

Again, I'm thinking that GL, Flash, and especially Martian Manhunter will be the big difference-makers. I mean, having MM is like having Wonderman/Vision/Charles Xavier/Skrull Warrior (I'm not trying to compare power level, just powers) rolled into one nice, neat little package. He's just unbelievably powerful when he wants to be.

27. unknowndanex

u really do have a good point, the JLA would more than likely have 1 or 2 coming out of that battle and the numbers game could get to Sentry and Ares pending who comes out those battles. BUT!!!!!!!! it is a huge IF!!!!! that GL could be powerful enough to mistakenly allow Ms. Marvel to absorb too much energy (this is OA by the way so its like her absorbing the power cosmic) allowing her to become Binary. would be intersting, but i'd say its only a 35% chance of that happening. if that did happen though, the tide would change in a heartbeat. but i really agree with u on that statement

the biggest match up i would wanna see is not even Sentry/Superman, it would be Ares vs WW. after reading the Ares TP and seeing his new establishment, it would be a sadistic battle considering WW can be very sadistic when she wants to be as well.

only thing with Superman is that i didn't label this as bloodlusted. a bloodlusted Superman would stand more of a chance, while people say Superman has to be bloodlusted to pull stunts like the sentry. sentry takes people to the sun for the hell of it (not saying he's gonna take supes to the sun but who knows, its not like its gonna make a difference for either guy considering they would both get powered up like mad), he knocks people's heads off, or whatever else is needed to get the job done. sentry is more likely to go all out before supes would which is why i normally pick sentry in a regular fight. if both were bloodlusted i don't know who would win

28. unknowndanex

sorry to double post but i found a site with the preview pages of Mighty Avengers in case no one saw the Wizard mag

Plastic Love