1. Come enter in the KCC Pet Photo Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We are pleased to invite you to participate in the Naruto Battledome Banner Contest.

Dismiss Notice

Minato fought A AND B

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Sufex, May 14, 2019.

1. Crimson Flam3s Rampage Sage

Raikage was surprised about Minato getting the upperhand on him by getting behind his back with FTG, not worried and he thanked Bee for helping.

I do not recall him saying anything related to "saving him". Maybe you could post the panel.

A Bijuu bomb's purpose is to explode, nothing to do with momentum so not sure why you are bringing it up.

A Rasengan is a spinning ball of Chakra that acts as an spherical drill, and as such it will do more damage if there is someone pushing it into the enemy rather than it just hitting it after teleportation.

Kunais are not a threat against opponents with tough durability vs the Raikage, I never said anything about them being useless in general.

You are just jumping to conclusions here and making assumptions as to why I am bringing these points forward lol.

2. Sorin Well-Known Member

Yeah, he did not say "thank you for saving me" but you are mentioning that he thanked him for "helping". How is this that much different? Help him for what? In your opinion he was in no danger of being slashed by a simple kunai so why would he be grateful to need "help"? Hell, the fact that B intervened in that instance proves that it was indeed something to take into consideration.

How is that any different when in fact rasengan's biggest damage is done when it detonates? They are the same technique, as per canon, only at different scales. Not once was it said that rasengans need to have momentum to do damage. That's only in your head canon.

That's like your opinion man, I already showed you how a rasengan did less damage than Minato's kunai slash and thus it should not be dismissed as threat to the Raikage. Kunais in the right hands makes the likes of Sage Madara have to dodge as when Tobirama lounged at him with a fecking kunai. Time and time again we have been shown instances when simple tools have made top tiers think twice but for some reason you still don't see it.

Anyway, even getting over these last arguments about kunais and whatnot, the fact that a technique like chidori, which is about equal to Naruto's base rasengan, slightly pierced Raikage's chest makes me believe that a couple of well placed basketball sized Minato rasengans will do enough damage so him being hard pressed to damage A is doubtful. On his own, without B he would be dead meat in a couple of minutes at most, so the databook makes perfect sense when it said that Minato faced both.

3. kokodeshide The Dreaded Koko Has Arrived

@Hussain
    Come on, just an "optimistic"? No rebuttal? Nothing? Is that your way of conceding?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Santoryu Judge of The Judges

Got any links?

5. Rai Comfy Kitten Moderator

Don’t change the fact that it happened black borders/dark filter or not is irrelevant.

6. Hussain Well-Known Member

I am tired and you like to talk a lot. :catsleep
    Also, I don't think we will reach an agreement anyway... :catsleep

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. kokodeshide The Dreaded Koko Has Arrived

What are you talking about? The black border or dark tint are REQUIREMENTS for them to be flashbacks. Otherwise, they are not flashbacks.

There is one other way Kishimoto indicates Flashbacks, by placing the persons head in the frame.
    Also, you see the way the speech bubble is? How it has spikes all over it. That's an indication of thought. Those kind of thoughts bubbles don't exist in flashbacks. Thoughts during flashbacks are always just text overlayed on the image itself.

If you'd like I'll keep my responses other than this one within 1 sentence. Cause for this topic it is literally fact lol.

This isn't an agreement or disagreement. We are talking about Manga structure. You are denying Manga structure. Just concede 1 time. That's all you gotta do. It doesn't really change much anyway. Minata is still>= Young A4.

8. hbcaptain Well-Known Member

" "

"Once the compressed highest level of chakra is released, incredible rotation and power of destruction synchronize and speed ahead."

"Upon release its power of destruction is greatly heightened. It is equivalent to having a ‘small hurricane’ in one’s hands!!"

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Rai Comfy Kitten Moderator

No they're not required as shown:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. kokodeshide The Dreaded Koko Has Arrived

I cant see the second picture, but the first one DOES have the dark tint, what are you talking about? compare the skin.

11. Rai Comfy Kitten Moderator

I was talking about black borders and My bad I posted a dead link here it is:

12. kokodeshide The Dreaded Koko Has Arrived

No problem. Thanks for finding it.

That's an extremely interesting addition by VIZ. Why they added that I have no idea. Cause fan Scanners cant remove that shit. So we have a conundrum here.

13. Rai Comfy Kitten Moderator

They sometimes fix/add stuff on volumes and this may be one of them.

14. ShinAkuma Fanboy Destroyer

Well that is certainly a flashback.

We know for a fact that Bee and A4 must have encountered Minato at least once while he was Hokage.

15. kokodeshide The Dreaded Koko Has Arrived

Possibly, Or its Viz tampering. I'd like to see the Japanese volumes to confirm.
    Don't be so sure. It still has the non flash back style thought bubbles.

No we don't. Why is that a fact?
    Bijuudama could have been done by rampaging Bijuu. If that is why you are saying that.

• List
  16. ShinAkuma Fanboy Destroyer

It's a Viz, so I'm sure.

Plus flashback scenarios DO NOT REQUIRE black outlines or the flashback filter, they just usually do this for the reader. We have had flashbacks without these things, sometimes inconsistent within the same chapter.

Bee is remembering Hokage Minato, in order to have that memory he must have encountered him.

No.

17. Hussain Well-Known Member

no that I disagree or anything, but weren't you of that opinion as well? :hm
    that Minato could have battled other Bijuus instead of B/Haschibi? :hm

18. ShinAkuma Fanboy Destroyer

Yes, but it has nothing to do with Bee's flashback or Bee/A4 encountering Hokage Minato. Hence "No".

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Rai Comfy Kitten Moderator

Viz use the same source as Japanese:

20. Hussain Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  21. kokodeshide The Dreaded Koko Has Arrived

You are in a bit of a contradiction here. If the volumes fixed the lack of a flashback indicator, that means it DOES require it.

As for the chapter you posted, the flashback scene begins with the filter and since the scene was longer, it just drew it normal, but its still a continuation of the flashback. Even have the different text style.

During the chapter you posted, We see the 3rd Hokage. is that Obito talking about meeting Hiruzen? Same with danzo. That just means he is talking ABOUT him.

22. kokodeshide The Dreaded Koko Has Arrived

Viz uses that source and then they make modification, an example would be the Giongo they chance that forces them to redraw shit.

Many thanks for finding that though!

1. How is it hate? I was right 100 percent. The manga we all read had the image of Minato as a standard "mention frame". I was reading the manga correctly. The volume decided to come back and change that, why and who? Idk. But everything I said about the manga most of us read was correct.
    2. Hey hey, guess what, it doesn't change anything. Minato still said they would fight. Bee wasn't allowed to leave the village. that means Bee either snuck out or Kishimotos Databook retcons the manga. The databook also says A4 is now as fast as Minato so nothing really changes.
    3. Watch this, ready? Learn from this.
    I, the Dready, Mighty, Powerful Koko, Completely Concede to the flashback image. Congrats @Rai , Well played! You got me on that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  23. ShinAkuma Fanboy Destroyer

It doesn't require it before it goes to print, as we have seen.

Now one could argue the flashback filter is missing as a part of the scanlation process as these are not official releases and the scanlators may have accidentally removed these filters.

Just pointing out the inconsistency. How you rationalize that inconsistency is up to you.

I'm sure either Obito or Sasuke knows who the Third is and they are remembering him. It's has to be a memory, it has the flashback filter on him.

24. kokodeshide The Dreaded Koko Has Arrived

What? The scans fans use are straight from jump magazine.
    You cant "Accidently" remove that filter. That is not how it works. In order to do that you would have to manually go in and "white out" and "black out" every single piece.
    ...you and that whole rationalizing shit again. If it has an explanation, it is not an inconsistency nor would I be rationalizing it in the way you are implying I am. I would be correcting you and explaining it.

Scene starts with flashback filter and sasukes face, meaning its his memory.
    Thought style word text means he is remembering and not telling Obito the story.
    panel after panel. They end the scene and to transition back into real time with a black panel.
    This is manga structure, not inconsistency.
    Not this page.

That implies the flashback filter one was a memory, but the one I posted indicates he is simply being mentioned.

25. Godaime Tsunade Densetsu no Kamo

Never knew that the databook implicated Minato fighting them multiple times - nice find.

The thing is that Minato was attempting to stab Shrouded A4 with a kunai, whenever he survived Mabui’s Transfer Technique unharmed and was only mildly punctured by Sasuke’s Chidori. So his attack wouldn’t have done shit.

And Bee could transform into a bijū, so..

Minato did well at escaping A4’s fastest attack and would have stabbed Bee, but that doesn’t mean he would have won.

The other times were off panel and probably had similar circumstances.

26. Hussain Well-Known Member

no, you weren't.

27. ShinAkuma Fanboy Destroyer

Hence it doesn't require it before it goes to print.

They are scanning the physical paper. If they have the exposure set too high it can wash out some of the filter. All you would need to for the person editing it to not notice and just go and clean up.

But we will go with "impossible" because I don't care.

It is what it is.

It is a rationalization because you are offering your take on it.

Perhaps I am wrong and you are simply repeating official information. If that is the case please provide the memo or faq or info from Shounen/Viz that offers this explanation.

Is Obito remembering his meeting with Itachi? There is no filter there either.

It's inconsistent, that is the point.

28. Sufex All of the power, none of the responsibility

Who did minato observe doing a TBB to create the rasengan? :mikebatman

29. JayK Well-Known Member

I just fucking love the Minato downplay.

1st the haters come up with his lack of firepower.

Then you prove the nuthuggers wrong by showing Minato cutting the Hachibi's tails with ease just using a bare Kunai. The same tails which tanked the Hachibi's own BB like the rest of Hachibi's body.

Then they say thats barely impressive because MS Sasuke WHO IS A HIGH TIER IN HIS OWN RIGHT by using an actually fairly high ranked jutsu and Rinnegan Obito WHO IS A FUCKING TOP TIER and possesses physical stats AT LEAST compareable to KCM Naruto were able to cut through them.

So how does having another high tier and a top tier being able to cut the Hachibi's tentacles prove again that they are not durable?

Then when we have Minato fighting against someone like Pain they act as if shared vision magically gives the paths much superior speed and reactions, essentially making it for some retarded ass reason impossible for Minato to blitz them despite it only being just that, shared vision because fuck Minato I guess.

He also suddenly is too slow to react and dodge ST despite tagging Kurama's BB with ease and fails to dodge summons and blindsides.

Minato together with B, the Edo Kage and the Gokage excluding Tsunade are the biggest victims of the asshurt Masters and Sannin fandom at this point.

Like what...

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  30. ShinAkuma Fanboy Destroyer

Great post up until the rando Sannin comment.

Pretty sure no Sannin fans have an issue with Minato.