1. The NF Anime Awards for 2017 are out! Go check them out here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Minato-Sage vs MS-Itachi

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Sage light, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Sage light Well-Known Member

Distance: 30m.
    Intel: Manga.
    State: Itachi is in the same state as Sasuke's Fight.
    Who wins, likely?

Tags:
  2. WorldsStrongest Man of Miracles

Canada
    Base Minato > Healthy Itachi

Hed mid diff the kid

Against sick Itachi? Minato in SM? This is a stomp

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. Sage light Well-Known Member

Will allowance of Izanagi/Izanami, change the result?

4. WorldsStrongest Man of Miracles

Canada
    Itachi may not know how to use Izanagi, and even if he does, thats one feint, and minato is incredibly reactive and wil llikely dodge it with FTG anyway...Especially with SM active

And Izanami doesnt work on a target thats sure of themselves

Izanami also requires that you record shared physical sensations between yourself and your target, and thats a death sentence for Itachi because a single shared physical sensation with minato ends with minato branding Itachi with a FTG seal and then shitblitzing him with an Odama

So no, no matter what you give itachi, he loses to minato

5. Maverick04 Susanoo's nose is a waste of Chakra

Itachi gets outlasted here..Even though I dont see Minato getting past even the V2 Susanoo, but Itachi cant keep it up forever..And he cant land attacks on Minato either, once the Hiraishin kunais are thrown around..The only way I can see Itachi winning here is if he takes Minato down before the Kunais are thrown around..And thats way OOC for Itachi.

6. Sage light Well-Known Member

I believe, it was stated, he can't use SM, in a continuous fashion, due to it consuming much time to mold? Wouldn't there be a interval, where his SM start's to fade?

I believe, Fukasaku stated, Naruto surpassed his predeccessors? Does that not mean, he's better than him, even start of Pain Arc?

If I'm correct, it was stated Minato's Reflexes/Reaction at Base, was that of Eī at Base. How much do you suggest, SM increases his reaction? From what is seen, his SM is a bit feat-less, and it's only feat of memorable, is, absorbing TSB by warping to a Kunai.

I believe it isn't far-fetched, to assume, he(Itachi) can react to FTG. If judged from the scenario, where a Eī, with no Sharingan-Precognition, read where he's potentially gonna appear. Just that, he(Minato) took extra precaution on placing the Marking on The Bijū's Tail. Hadn't that been the case, he would've been done for, likely.

I don't believe, it's far-fetched, to state he can deflect his Kunais, using his own, given the fact, he's shown deflecting them into blindspots, with his own Kunais. This being the case, he can't teleport next to him, likely.

Can he avoid Epheremal/Crow Genjutsu, which cannonically possess feats of requiring almost Zero-Eye Contact? If cast at the same time? Judged from the fact, he's quite the multi-tasker, plus has proven able to use Shadow-Crow Clones and throw Shurikens at same time.

I believe, he has shown better reaction than Sasuke's, rescuing him from varying predicaments, where it did not seem as latter having a chance of avoiding, if wasn't it for the former.

There exist's no feat, as far as I know, which trump's EMS Sasuke's Reaction, from the part of Minato.

Itachi's likely better than him(Sasuke's), so, can't he react to all of his(Minato's) attacks?

Likely, his Rasengan won't penetrate SusanoO. His son's version is a bit superior, it did not go through V2 SusanoO, I believe.

7. Bonly Fire Fist

Egypt
    Minato can stay in Sage Mode for an attack so does he get to stay in Sage Mode for this match or does he have an extended time in it or is he his canon self

8. Ghost Of The Uchiha Well-Known Member

Living Itachi gets outlasted, Minato dances around Susanoo until the strain catches up to Itachi and he can't maintain it anymore, then LVL2 FTG strike kills him.

Edo Itachi essentially has an ever replenishing supply of chakra, so he can maintain V4 indefinitely, so i think it's a stalemate in that situation, Minato can't bust V4, Itachi can't catch him with Hiraishin, only chance here is Tsukuyomi but i'm not confident in Itachi's ability to land it.

9. Gin Ichimaru's Shadow Sanbantai taicho Ichimaru Gin

Poland
    Even Base Minato would be able to beat Healthy Itachi. Giving him SM and using weaker version of Itachi(sick AF) is mid difficulty win for Minato(in worst case). Itachi can't even put Minato under Genjutsu or try Izanagi blitz(there is possibility, that it wouldn't work).

10. Tri

Australia
    Minato’s SM is pretty bad as it only lasted long enough for Minato to use one rasengan so unless he’s granted a decent amount of time in SM here it doesn’t really change the outcome of the fight in which I’d slightly favor Minato.

11. Shark Ikimasu yo

Even with Izanami Itachi is likely to get outlasted eventually, Minato has more stamina.

I think Minato has slightly better portrayal too.

12. Gianfi Well-Known Member

Minato wins tbh, as most have already stated

13. Android 3:16

Base Minato would beat Itachi let alone SM Minato.

Do people still think Izanami can work on anyone ?

14. Gin Ichimaru's Shadow Sanbantai taicho Ichimaru Gin

Poland
    No(probably). It's like wedding. You spend years on collecting money, months on gathering alcohol and days on getting into shape:). After that, you are imprisoned(you can't do, what you want) and you don't posses as much money, as before(in most cases). Same goes for Izanami. :awesome.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  15. Gohara Ryutoshi

I agree that Minato's character wins that match up however where is it stated that Izanami can only be applied in the way that it is used against Orochibuto? That is a genuine question because even when I first saw that segment it seemed that it was simply how Itachi's character chooses to use it specifically against Orochibuto. It doesn't make sense that it would be described as a technique that decides destiny yet only works in very specific scenarios. Especially since it mirrors Izanagi which has no restrictions like that. :p

16. savior2005 Well-Known Member

Why would you give Minato sage mode. He can beat Itachi without it. Give Itachi SM and then we have a closer battle

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  17. Gin Ichimaru's Shadow Sanbantai taicho Ichimaru Gin

Poland
    He would run out of gas before starting to learn. He is not like :dupe.

18. ThomasTheCat Wannabe Battledomer, Less Active Than Preferred

Brazil
    Every Minato vs Itachi thread is always base Minato coming on top.

Base Minato > Sick Itachi
    Base Minato > Healthy Itachi
    Base Minato > Edo Itachi

The only way Itachi wins in this scenario is with Tsukuyomi, which is very unlikely to work given Minato's constant movement.

Itachi could win if only he had full knowledge, while Minato had none. He could put Minato under a Genjutsu where he thinks his markers are covered in Amaterasu flames or something and he would be unlikely to go to them. That way Itachi controls Minato's movement without using all the energy it takes to use actual Amaterasu. But of course, Minato is intelligent and may figure out that he may be under a Genjutsu because it is a somewhat obvious tactic if his opponent has knowledge.

Again, as I've said in the three or so other Minato vs Itachi threads, I got that Genjutsu idea from a Youtube video.

19. Shazam Well-Known Member

20. Matto Chosen One

Minato doesn't need Sage Mode to beat Itachi.

21. Buuhan Hokage of the Six Paths

22. Alita54 Alita>You

Depends on knowledge imo. If minato knows about eye genjutsu he beats sick and healthy itachi but will eventually lose to edo itachi regardless. If he has no knowledge on genjutsu tho then he loses since the first thing he will do without knowledge is make eye contact most likely.

23. Bookworm Well-Known Member

24. Shazam Well-Known Member

Replace Minato with Hashirama without knowledge against Itachi. Using your logic, why does Hashirama win?

Minato is just a pay grade above Itachi.

25. Bookworm Well-Known Member

it's the other way around. Itachi is above Minato.

26. Shazam Well-Known Member

I can say absurd things all day long too, still doesnt make them true

27. Shazam Well-Known Member

Seriously Ive seen many Itachi vs Minato threads and the ones who say Itachi wins are just fan boys of Itachi and huge advocates of him in every thread Itachi is in. Keep your eyes open folks

28. Bookworm Well-Known Member

29. Bookworm Well-Known Member

That's hilarious considering in almost every thread that Itachi's in there's Minato fanboys/Itachi haters.

30. Alita54 Alita>You

Except hashi has massive wood constructs that would obstruct his vision preventing him from using genjutsu and has ranged attacks that would be hard to avoid plus he can easily destroy susano none of which applies to base minato.

Hashi should be at least one whole tier above base minato and itachi anyway so it's not a accurate example.