1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirio is the protagonist I need and deserve

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Ye Xiu, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

Mirio would have been way better. I don't even want him to have OFA.

:pimpe

Tags:
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Deku x 1
    • List
  2. Djomla Student

Nope.

3. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

Are you perhaps a nerdy guy in his teens? :kannasip

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. TrueG 37 Well-Known Member

Mirio would be boring as a main character. If he had any power that wasn't the op one that he has I honestly think no one would give a shit about him. He works better as a side character that people can aspire to be.
    Spoiler:
    Plus his character design and costume look terrible.Those eyes are just :scust

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Deku x 1
    • List
  5. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

Our true hero. We await your return with faith

Show us the way Mirio… you are the man who can

6. Milliardo G.L.P.

Umm.... His costume is better than Deku's bunny shit..

7. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

Deku has the single most overpowered quirk in the series and is literally the chosen one
    Mirio's quirk is shit and embarrassing, but he didn't give up, worked hard and became the GOAT.

Mirio would have been a true underdog protagonist. And underdogs are awesome. :kannasip

8. TrueG 37 Well-Known Member

The only embarrassing thing about his quirk is that it can leave him naked. I'll give him credit for working out to increase his physical capabilities but going so far as to say his quirk is shit is hilarious to me. Like we have a person who's only ability is being invisible and nothing else and a dude who can phase through everything(albeit with a little effort) and even build momentum with the way his quirk works is supposed to be "shit" . Miss me with that bullshit :kanyeshrug.

9. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

Mirio has the same personality as Deku but less crazy.

10. Milliardo G.L.P.

Obvious comparison since we are talking about Mirio replacing Deku as lead character...

You know I'm right don't be afraid to admit it. :cat

11. Mythoclast Hyper Lethal

Guyana
    Catdank Faction:
  12. Yoshua #1 Kale Fan

Mirio is boring personality wise. He's already gone through his growth by the time we meet him in the series, so it's all speculation as to what his struggles were when younger.

Also, awfully bold of you to assume you "deserve" anything. Kappa

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. TrueG 37 Well-Known Member

> Talks about being right because costume comparisons
    > Even though I never compared both of their costumes. Just that Mirio's looks like shit and the beady eyes for his character design makes him hard to look at.
    Comparing costumes wasn't the point of that post you quoted.Hence the confusion.If it makes you feel any better I think both Izuku and Mirio's outfits are equally shit:oldshrug.

14. TrueG 37 Well-Known Member

This right here is basically what I've been saying. From my experience people just focus on the hype that Mirio brings rather than anything else. Aside from "he made his power his own" what growth do people say about him? Dude wouldn't have been any better or worse than Izuku if he were the main character. If he kept his current personality throughout the series though he'd definitely be worse.

15. ComradeStalin Member

Russia
    At least he's better than "realistic and relatable" Deku, who's not only more blank than vacuum, but is a very harmful role model for the main shonen demografic. Because of him, I actually needed to explain to my younger brother that no one ever comes to give him talent or something, that he must work his lazy ass much harder to achieve what he wants. God, my little bro reminds me so much of early Deku, so many ambitions and zero effort, it's scary. And I don't even know how to help him to become special because I'm not All Might and people like All Might don't exist at all. When I carefully tried to tell him this he got offended and said... guess what? That I'm being just as mean as envious Bakugou. Well, I should take this as a compliment, I guess ;33
    Y'know, Mirio's beady eyes are not that bad compared to the creepily huge ocular gushers taking literally a half of Deku's scrawny face :gabe

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Deku x 1
    • List
  16. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

Mirio is Deku in two years. That's why this character was introduced in the series.

17. Milliardo G.L.P.

When I said I was right I was talking about Mirio's costume being better than Deku's. :grin

Anyways it was a throwaway comment no need to go any further than that.

18. Djomla Student

Nope.

19. Yoshua #1 Kale Fan

Well sounds like your brother is just lazy, because it took Deku a years worth of hardcore, excruciating training just to be strong enough to break his arms using the quirk, and ever since then he's been breaking his arms non-stop in order to save people and pull through each conflict. The only reason he even got recognized by All Might was through his drive to save people and actually act as a hero, not just sit on the sidelines like the pros did. He hasn't stopped training since he got his quirk, he's been working at mastering it bit by bit, that's why he went from being able to handle 5% to 20%.

Deciding to take Dekus scenario 100% and wait for some interpretation of All Might to come and give you everything is stupid, and anybody with half a brain should be able to recognize this. Deku is pretty much a guy with no arms and legs trying to become a firefighter.

I think your brother is just dumb. :zaru

Mirio is supposed to be what Deku is striving to become. He's the end result/goal. Deku at the very least has gone from being an overly emotional crybaby to being able to get serious and stand down villains on his own. And he's still got 2 years to go with all sorts of conflicts that will affect his character.

I feel like a lot of people say Mirio would be a better MC because they just think he's badass, without taking into account how his personality would work out. I feel if he was in the limelight all the time, people would get bored of him pretty quickly. :hisoka

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

21. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

22. ~VK~ The King

i don't really care that much for mirio but i do find it hilarious that people call him "boring" compared to fucking deku of all people lmao. like really nigga? :lmao

23. ~VK~ The King

not really. in fact it's the opposite. mirio is waaaaaaaay more quirky and energetic than deku.

what speculation? we already know what his struggles were. he had an incredibly difficult quirk that had potential but he could hardly master making it damn near useless and making it look like he was unremarkable only for him to dedicate and work on himself for years untill he became what he is today.

you could easily make a whole manga out of that.

24. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

25. Wosu That's lovely...

Mirio with his inexperience would have died if he had gone through what Deku had gone thru. Deku's OP quirk works well narratively speaking to limit the amount of Plot convenience we can call through because he can just destroy his arm instead of asspull victory.

And ppl like Mirio, same reason they like Rock lee. Y'all would've probs hated him if u were there at the beginning when he wasn't this strong.

26. Pliskin Well-Known Member

Obviously if Mirio was the MC, we would see him from the days pre mastering his insane to master quirk, in which case I could see him carrying the story as he develops.

Plus the Cthulhu best friend dynamic, yeah that could have been also a nice manga setup.

27. Roman Chariot

Wait, you don't want Mirio to have OFA or Deku?

But yeah, I agree, tho tbh almost anyone would've been a better MC than Deku.

If it's any consolation, Tokyo ESP's protag has the same power as Mirio and she's fucking hot to boot.

28. Sequester Most Prolific Catfish of the Four Kingdoms

i leik deku its the only mask i war in majoras mask

i neva beet the game

29. Luiz Well-Known Member

Izuku had to train like crazy for 10 months before getting OFA
    :drake

30. Roman Chariot

Point is, if he didn't swallow a bit of hair, no amount of work would've granted him the chance of becoming a hero.