1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Misconception

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Bosch, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Bosch

I noticed that some of you don't understand the Naruto vs. Sasuke battle.

I think it is very annoying that so many Sasuke fans say that Uchiha Sasuke is stronger than Naruto, and that he won the fight in the rescue fight. As far as I am concerned, this fight was a tie. The Rasengan vs. Chidori clearly was their last effort to end this battle, and the fact that Sasuke was still standing after the final explosion should not be interpreted in such a way that he won the fight or that he is ultimately stronger. The reason for this, in my opinion, are the side effects of the cursed seal and the kyuubi seal. Frankly, they are different. The cursed seal corrodes your body and slowly turns you into Orochimaru's slave which is the prize you have to pay to gain such power. Naruto's power has different side effects; his body gets tired and he can't move anymore if he used too much of the kyuubi chakra. That is what happened when he summoned Gama Bunta for the first time, he was asleep in the hospital for about a week. In the rescue arc, it was the same...Naruto was too tired to move. So do you know why Sasuke decided to let Naruto live even though he intended to kill him seconds ago? Because Naruto proved that he is equal to Sasuke. There was no winner, only survivors.

Tags:
  2. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico

its all about the Sai lurve now, does it REAALLY matter so much that Sasuke totally ass raped Naruto when noone else couldve?

3. Bloody_Shikamaru

As a matter of fact..Sasuke could've killed Naruto while he was lying on the ground unconscious...But he didn't. Therefore a draw it was.

4. tmmyc

Naruto was lucky that Sasuke chickened out at the end. That is all.

5. Iruka

IMHO, What you say there is true Bosch. And it's also how I think of the battle after so many time rewatching. ^__^

6. Therahedwig

Thank you for telling something a lot of people have figured out, except for the fanboys...(when will they realize?)

It was thoroughly discussed back then, but you weren't a member of the fora back then, so I forgive you.

The problem is that Naruto's chakra system is like a electric system, and the Kyuubi chakra is like voltage.
    Naruto's body cannot handle a too high voltage without getting a short circuit somewhere in his body, if he does, that part of the body will be cut of from the rest of the system, that's why Naruto is not allowed to use to much power.

But the cursed seal of Orochimaru does not only give power, but it also seems to prepare the chakra system for handeling "high voltages of chakra".

7. Illumina

Anyways the battle showed that naruto has much more potensial than sasuke, sasuke was at his max level (unless they add more levels to the cursed seal?) while naruto only had one tail, a nine tailed naruto would easily own cursed seal sasuke.

But they will probably add more levels or something alike to the cursed seal so that naruto wont be way stronger than sasuke.

8. dhJackBurton

While I think Sasuke is the most obnoxiously anoying character in Naruto, the fact of the matter is that he was still standing at the end of the battle. Sakuke won; Period! It doesn't matter that Naruto may have "won" if the Kyuubi side effects were different, because they arent. Naruto was on the ground. Sasuke was still standing. At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

9. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico

three cheers to the fine men & women of the Uchiha police division!

10. DKFize

lol yeah, he really annoyed me with the naruto and kakashi are the greatest ever and all that. I don't see how you can say that Naruto won the fight..Sasuke clearly won and that's all there is to it. So what if the Curse Seal corrodes your body, that has nothing to do with it. Also the argument that Naruto would have won if he wasn't in Kyuubi mode before Sasuke went CS 2 is ridiculous. Naruto was FORCED into using Kyuubi because without the tail, he couldn't compare with Sasuke's 3 tomoe sharingan. Two boxers can fight and one wins, the winner can win by a sliver and be hurt real badly and heals slower than the loser, but does that change who won the fight??? NO, it doesn't.

11. Tautou

Unfortunately, that's rather bad logic. There are no jutsu that have the same exact side-effect, and that's just obvious; it's sad you'd pretend no one understood the Naruto fight and then bring that out, because that'd only mean the jutsu in Sasuke's arsenal were more efficient than the jutsu in Naruto's arsenal. Seriously.

And why would Sasuke decide to not kill Naruto simply because they're equal? Sasuke's a really interesting character, so if anything is annoying, it's that you'd mold what makes him interesting into this weak thing for your convenience. But that's more expected than annoying, really.

Anyway, Sasuke won that fight, but it doesn't mean that he's stronger. Both Sasuke and Naruto went all out, but isn't it easy as hell to imagine a situation where Sasuke would lose? In this case... plot device held Naruto back, especially if you consider that this was one of the rare situations where Naruto should have been able to use a great extent of his power.

12. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    have you considered a career in law enforcement good sir?

either way, i think this discussion is SOOO 2.5 years ago that it isn't even relevant to the manga today.
    the TRUE relevance of that battle was the emotions (god i feel like a pussy saying the word 'emotions') shared between Naruto and Sasuke, aswell as thier mutual understanding of each other.
    the other important fact is that Sasuke left the konoha team...whats NOT relevant at this point is who won the fight. Sasuke could have lost the fight and still have made it to the sound village (kabuto could have picked him up for example) but Kishimoto decided to have Sasuke defeat Naruto, something that most people thought was impossible at this point.
    Kish was also trying to make the point that raw power doesn't always beat brains and skill.

13. Criminal

write a book, cuz its too late to be posting who you think won the Naruto vs Sasuke fight now. Its part 2 dude.......come on. Let it go......its ok.