1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Missing members of the shichibukai

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Archive' started by Code, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Code

Well there is a question of principles. Not every pirate will want to become what is basically a "government dog." Shanks and Whitebeard seem like the least likely pirates to sell themselves out to the government.

They also seemed to fear Whitebeard and Shanks, at least them meeting. So I doubt they can keep them under control.

Tags:
  2. Jeltz

Hawkeyes
    Jinbei
    Crocodile (position currently vacant)
    Flamingo
    Bartolomev Bear

So we are missing two person which logically should not be Whitebeard and Shanks. Many pirates don't want to work for the goverment. It would be a weird plot twist if it was revealed that our two most badass and independent pirates were goverments dogs.

3. Meizu

i thought it was stated Shanks was one of them? are you sure he wasnt?

4. Code

It was never stated... and very much implied that he wouldn't have anything to do with the government first with the way the government feared him and Whitebeard so much and then his "If the Government tries to stop me, I won't sit back and do nothing"(or something like that) comment...

And well Shichibukai = Pirates working for the government.

5. pnoypridz

anyone thinks that dragon is a shichibukai or not

i bet blackbeard will take crocodile spot

6. Code

Dragon is another unlikely member.... probably the very least so.

It was stated that he was a revolutionist. And on two or more occasions that he posed a threat to the world and that the government appearnatly wants him dead.

7. Jeltz

Dragon could be a former member but I don't think that they would let him continue to be one after they started calling him revolutionist.

8. darklide

Could it be....
    Luffy's and Ace's dad?
    If ever alive and a pirate...
    What do u folks think about it?

9. pakku

We need a woman shichibukai. A hot one, with powers up the wazoo.

10. Gyroscope

Hmmm... Code is right about Dragon, though he may have very well been one in the past
    Smoker didnt seem too intimidated by him anyway.

But its just so amazing, Jinbei was the second Shichibukai we heard of way back during the Arlong arc.And he continues to remain unseen.
    Oda's forethought amazes me.

11. Kepa

well if he said there are seven, then he probably already had a small idea of who they were ;)

besides what are their powers?
    Crocodile, well he was sand..we know enough already, but seeing as he was the weakest (well had the smallest bounty), how powerful must the other guys be? I mean, Hawkeyes didn't show any special powers, aside from complete sword ownage. But it would strike me as weird if he (and shanks + white beard) had not eaten a devil fruit.. Aside from that, we also have Jinbei (merman leader? probably something water based then I guess), Flamingo (the power to control people? or is it just puppeteering?) and Bartolomev Bear (no idea..but he looks strong :p)

and other mayor players are those 5 world leaders... and the 3 marine generals (of which aokoji?-something can use ice)

12. Gyroscope

Mihawk doesnt necessarily have had to eaten a DF.He is Zoro's goal, so id much rather Zoro fight a man that made it with his own strength (which considering how Zoro is wouldnt be impossible).
    Mihawk is just freakishly strong, thats all.

Also about Crocodile, the reason for him having the lowest bounty among the Shichibukai is probably because he has a rather exploitable weakness.
    Either that, or he just wasnt a pirate for that long.

Don Flamingo has some kind of TK powers and Bear is uncertain.
    Jinbei would be another Merman - probably a superior species than the Shark one that Arlong was.

As for the forethought.What i meant was that Oda had already thought up of these characters way before they would even matter in the story, which could also mean that he has a huge chunk of the manga planned way before hand and doesnt make things up week by week.
    And its not just Jinbei.
    Also Black Beard, Ace, Dragon, Aokiji etc..

13. Kepa

oh, could someone please refresg my memory about dragon? (as in who??)

perhaps I should make a list about the known "major players" out there because I'm forgetful... I'll do so tomorrow, if I don't forget -_-"

and PS: luckily that lightning god didn't go to earth.. I mean luffy hit him with all he good, and he still flew away as if nothing had happened... If he were a pirate things would get ugly

14. Jeltz

Dragon is the guy who saved the Starwhats from Smoker in Logue town. He is also shown on an image in Dalton's flashback at the kings meeting whre he is called a revolutionair.

15. Wrath

Dragon is the only character we've seen who could be a former member, simply because of his name. All the Shichibukai have had animal names so far, after all. He clearly isn't a member now though.

As for Crocodile's low bounty, it doesn't reflect his true strength - the fact that he was an evil mastermind. He is likely one of the weakest physically of the Shichi, but it doesn't seem like the others have his massive organisation or schemes to take over countries or personal fortunes and what not. Flamingo has his own organisation, yes, but we haven't seen the extent of it yet, just Bellamy and his loser crew. Mihawk and Bear just seem to be very powerful individuals, though Bear probably has ties with a religion.

16. Code

Well wasn't it stated that the sharks were the strongest species? I could be wrong though. Or it could be Arlong boasting.

Jinbei means Whale Shark I think. The largest type of sharks and even fish in general.

17. Kepa

ah, oh man that's long ago..completely forgot about him.
    what power did he show again?

18. kapsi

He probably controlled the storm/lightning that saved Luffy but that's not granted...

19. Gyroscope

It probably was just Arlong boasting.

What Yusaku said worries me though.HE said that Arlong was as strong as Jinbei (or was it Arlong that said it..)
    Either way, Jinbei could be a merman with a DF power.

20. Kepa

yeah, too bad whale sharks are about as dangerous as your avarage trout...:S

21. Code

A merman with a devil fruit power... that'd be... ... well odd...

I'd rather not trust Yusaku on saying Arlong is as strong as Jinbei... ... I'm sure he just feared Arlong... or is stupid...

22. Kepa

eh that was just to set the mood I think :)

I mean, for a weakling the difference between someone slightly stronger, and someone incredibly stronger is non-existant (they'll both kick his ass before he can even wink).. however, that doesn't mean there's a big difference :)

23. Wrath

A merman with a DF power..? That would kinda, well, suck.

I thought Jinbei's position in the Shichibukai was thanks to his ability to control the sea monsters?

24. Gyroscope

Surely not as odd as a Gun eating a fruit :amuse
    But i know what you mean

Or both

25. Kepa

26. Rice Ball

Smoker just let him get away, Dragon seems to have a very large ammount of power and a connection to lufie or 'D' Family.
    Maybe a member of Gol D Rogers crew?

27. Code

I don't think it was a matter of Smoker letting him get away... I'd say it's like with Ace, if he wanted to. He couldn't capture them. The way Smoker was shocked at his appearance and what he said made it clear that it's very important that he be captured.

28. ramza85

Sorry, but i thought the bounty placed by the government is actually a measurement of how threatening is this particular person to the marines and world government.
    So at many times the price of the bounty do not measure the strength of the person.

Luffy could had actually had no bounty at all and defeated arlong(fact: he is said to as strong as jinbei), crocodie. Will that mean that he is not strong?

Zoro had no bounty until he defeated Mr.1, so does that tell you anything about the strenght?

Eneru(THUNDER) should be the strongest person so far. He can revive himself, his speed is impossible to match(thunder is light so go figure what speed light travel at), a typical bolt of lightning can immediately heat the air to between 15,000 to 60,000 degrees Fahrenheit. That's hotter than the surface of the sun!) What more is there to say? Now luffy could very well be the only person who can win this guy.

And with the current story... He would be receiving the highest bounty ever after his current attack on the marine headquarter...

Dun jugde a book by its cover. High bounty doesn't mean GOD.

29. Wrath

That's almost right. What the bounty measures is how dangerous the person was when their last bounty was given. Crocodile's bounty was 80~, but that was what he had before becoming a Shichi member, and it wasn't raised after that because he was supposedly no longer an enemy of the world government.

Likewise Luffy has had a bounty of 100 for a long time now, when we know that his actual worth is considerably higher.

30. Tousenz

Back on the Arlong being as Strong as Jinbei. I thought that was cleared up when we learned Luffy's hemisphere was the weakest and Arlong was just a general in the weakest hemisphere.

Theres no way he was as strong was Jinbei.