1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice

Mitsuki and Sarada..

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Hypothesisnull, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Hypothesisnull Na-na-ruto kun!

Will they ever be relevant? With the introduction of Kawaki and how the focus is mainly on Boruto it doesn't seem like they will be important.

They aren't even sidekicks.

GG Mitsuki, GG Sarada. It was good while it lasted even if all Sarada got was a kick to AO and Mitsuki holding her.

Tags:
    • Coolest Guy! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Lewd Lewd x 1
    • List
  2. Corvida Anda de dia la noche es mia

Spain
    No

Next.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Coolest Guy! x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  3. LazyWaka Bringer of Darkness Retired Staff

Maybe if boruto goes running off into the sunset with kawaki we can have himawari join them.

#wishfullthinking :catcry

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. SonOfMan (ง •̀_•́)ง

They'll get character development when Boruto leaves the village.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Arles Celes The Psychologist

They are the main sidekicks and that likely won't change.

But the plot won't focus on them and they won't get character arcs or awaken/be given super gifts.

When/IF Boruto leaves the focus will be on whatever development he gets via said change while any character developement or/and new jutsus for Salad and Mitsuki will happen off panel.

There is no rule that once the Protagonist leaves Konoha the plots stop focusing on him. When Naruto left with Jiraiya the timeskip was immediate with no focus on Konoha rookies in the meantime. And Sasuke does not count since he wasn't the Protag.

6. Corvida Anda de dia la noche es mia

Spain
    Manga wise they´re not even that
    -comparing those sorry shadows with what Sasuke and Sakura were in part one is....hilarious

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Coolest Guy! x 1
    • List
  7. Arles Celes The Psychologist

Sasuke WAS a sidekick till the Forest of Death part when he was fully promoted to deuteragonist with the Itachi/Uchiha side-plot developing not to mention the main antagonist's interest.

Sakura was just a love interest back then...no individual character arcs, unique jutsus nor even beating the weakest fodder under her belt.

Mitsuki and Salad are much more capable than Sakura and not merely LI...but they are defined as Boruto's companions and nothing more.

8. Action Hero Biribiri

Trinidad and Tobago
    Only hope for them is anime filler, otherwise nope.

F

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

Spain
    No-he was created as rival and then got promoted-only seeing him and his protagonism to Naruto developement in the land of waves arc blows poor "maahhhhh sun" Mitsuki of the spin off out of the water

Sakura started her individual character developement arc as soon as Sasuke put her in her place about the fate of orphans and merely counting panels and interactions with both her tea mates beats all of poor Sarada´s spin off reaction panels

that´s why Sasuke and Sakura beat them only in the first arc-all the new gen kids are more advanced than their parents when in the academy
    Sarada and Mitsuki are shadows
    Sasuke and Sasuke werent

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Reviewing Logic What the he-

Mitsuki? Yeah he was specifically genetically made to be relevant

except his PLOT is the O clan and the Jougan, not the Karma seal and the Kara organization

therefore he is currently on the bench as a bench warmer

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

:no

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Coolest Guy! x 1
    • List
  13. Arles Celes The Psychologist

Rival/Yin counterpart to the protag perks.

But the gap between Mitsuki and Boruto is even bigger than between Wave arc Naruto and Sasuke. And this is a fighting manga. And Mitsuki contributed just as much against Sumire and Shizuma as Sasuke against Haku and Zabuza.

Plus the Nakama development Sasuke got back then was only temporary as he got back to being an aloof jerk to Naruto soon afterwards.

Sakura realized her shallowness soon enough and tried being nicer to Naruto soon afterwards. Her role besides loving Sasuke and being the object of Naruto's crush was not expanded. We did not get much about her past that wasn't Sasuke focused, nothing about her family or non-romance focused dreams.

And not winning a SINGLE fight was just embarrassing.

Salad's chief character arc happened in the Gaiden with her changing from being apathetic and lost to having an actual goal and growing more confident. And she does not blush around Boruto even 1/3 as much as the ship tease Sakura got with both Sasuke AND Naruto.

They aren't original since we already had seen those character types with Naruto(I want to be Hokage) and Sai/Gaara ( the protag becomes their light who saves them from loneliness and/or darkness).

And they lack any true independance from Boruto. But that is only reserved for the antagonistic deuteragonist which neither of them are. Unless Salad turns evil and joins Kara with Boruto having to save her the best she can do is provide great teamwork for Boruto and receiving ship tease with him. And Mitsuki being ho yay for Boruto and playing the "Smart Guy" part.

14. Gabe Murim Grand Master

They have the anime for them to get developed. Manga will be mostly about boruto and kawaki

15. Reviewing Logic What the he-

Basically Mitsuki contributed in the anime

will contribute once the Jougan comes back

and likely will have even more relevance as he is connected to the more plotline then not

idk about Sarada though plot wise... not power wise

it would make more sense if Himawari instead got more significance since she is Boruto's actual sister and shares similar genes

16. Boruto Well-Known Member

Kodachi has big plans for Mitsuki. I'm looking forward to seeing them brought to fruition. Kappa

17. Eliyua23 Well-Known Member

The manga is moving at a more rapid pace than Naruto , so there is enough time to develop the side characters while focusing on Mitsuki and Sarada , Sarada is the daughter of Sasuke and the last born Uchiha she will always hold relevancy , and Mitsuki has his own arc being tied to Orochimaru they will always be in the limelight , now the other kids will probably suffer though potentially even worse than the original rookies

18. Corvida Anda de dia la noche es mia

Spain
    you talk battles
    I talk of impact on our MC
    And above all, you talk anime filler
    I talk the shit spin off manga nd there...... there-is-NOTHING

False, Celes.
    Sasuke peaked as team mate between FOD and post chuunin exams-Gaara attack

False again
    Her view about Naruto turned a 180 in the FOD , while she stopped being a fan girl and put in the direction of getting a sannin as a teacher
    Manga Sarada has still to be visually recognized by her own father

character development , not fights

And that was all

had an identity crisis, due a abortion of soap plot and found a goal-and that was all, all before manga started

EEERR Manga Sakura didnt blush around Naruto very much and was much oto worried about Sasuke to do the same after he was curse sealed before her eyes
    Here, we have yet to see any thing of manga Sarada and Mitsuki besides filling reaction espaces

Sarada learning about her clan-at fucking last-and how that would effect her views on her father, her idol Messiah and her being the first Uchiha hokage of the town thaty ethnic cleansed her clan will never be explored

As for Mitsuki....next time he says Burp is his sun in anime I´ll start a driking game
    he doesnt exist in the manga

that´s why even part one Sasuke and Sakura had more panels and weight to them than manga Sarada and Mitsuki

So they will never be what Sakura and Sasuke were

19. TrueG 37 Well-Known Member

20. Indra I can't stop eating

Considering how much screen time they get in the Anime, yeah.

The Manga is running full pace with Kawaki, Kara, and Karma.

So there's no time to expand on already expanded Sharingan bull shit. But from what I hear, we are learning more about Mitsuki soon.

Plus if the new ED is to go by anything, Mitsuki seems to be getting a little special something something.

Maybe after those horrible Cho-Cho episodes :scust

21. Corvida Anda de dia la noche es mia

Spain
    OP was speaking about the glorious manga and the landing of new Punk

Sarada and Mitsuki are fated to be like the rookies, only anime expanded

Less JJ and more Counting panels

22. Indra I can't stop eating

IMO the Anime is equal to the Manga in terms of story telling.

However, their use of some of the characters is annoying. Like look at what we are getting after #65-66, a filler Arc about Cho-Cho's undying love interest scheme.

We have been going through this for a long ass time. Can we get a filler on people training or something? :scust

23. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

While Sarada has more going for her, funny enough Sakura had way more focus and panel time in Part 1 alone compared to Sarada. Sakura becomes far more prominent in Part 2 at which I can't see Sarada or Mitsuki catching up in importance.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  24. Corvida Anda de dia la noche es mia

Spain
    The way I´ve seen Sarada´s relationship with her eeeer father? developed not even in anime, but in
    --------------------------------
    novels
    no-vels

tells me that she specially is and will be nothing in the manga-with the gag inducing exception of being destined to dog breed

And both Boruto supposed teammates, like panel filler space, have practically been relegated to anime only characters

LOL
    I love Chou Chou, but....
    LOL
    These are the perks of being anime only chaff, Indra

25. Deana Well-Known Member

Hell, until they fix the damage that terrible one-shot Kishi created did to Mitsuki (and his friendship with Boruto and Sarada), I don't care he isn't getting focus. Not if that is the caliber of stuff we are going to get in reference to him. He was pretty much gaslighted by his father (for power) and when he broke his father used the image of another kid to manipulate the kid into doing his bidding. Boruto is manipulating the poor little soul without even realizing it. Boruto and Mitsuki are unwilling puppets and a sicko is the puppetmaster. WHY????? If they fix this, I'll watch Mitsuki content all day long. I really can't help liking him so I hope the writer finally does right by him.

Sarada is popular and the daughter of two important characters. I think we'll get more arcs about her but we may have to rely on the anime for said content. Which is fine by me. That manga can kiss decaying dinosaur butt. Kawaki has yet to interest me so him finally appearing in the manga means next to nothing to me. Except for having to wait patiently for him to be defeated by Boruto for what he did to Konoha and Naruto. I'll read that chapter all day long too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  26. Arles Celes The Psychologist

The only impact on MC is given via angst. When the MC takes all sort of crap for the guy. Shikadai is supposed to be Boruto's best friend but that is never tested since Shikadai is not turning evil.

That and via playing the "similar childhood" card which Naruto and Sasuke shared by losing their loved ones early and experiencing loneliness. Though Boruto and Salad play it via having similar neglectful parents.

And battles matter a LOT since its a shounen manga. The plot is often just a nice decoration for the asskicking package.

Don't worry, if Ukio goes with BoruSara then Salad will become VERY impactful for Boruto and he might even say that he loves her bringing Salad to tears.

And a rejected Mitsuki might go evil forcing Boruto to become obsessed with him too in order to save him.

If you hope for a boost in plot relevance reminiscent of Sasuke and Sakura then look forward to that.

Kishi couldn't handle making a MC without making him either a messiah stereotype or a traitor in pursuit of power at all cost to represent the opposite to the former.

Likely things won't change.

Would you want Salad or Mitsuki greatly "developing" either via their love for the protag or by embracing the dark side? Or keep things as they are?

It took till the very end of part 1 for Sakura to choose to become Tsunade's pupil. Before that she left it all to Naruto. And even in part 2 Naruto did everything at the end.

Btw Salad needs to be visually recognized by her own father...while Sakura was never shown with her father at all. Dude was "introduced" only via the much "beloved" Road to Ninja movie lol. Maybe he does not even know her name for all we know.

Dunno, in the manga version at least Salad gets more panel time than anyone not named Boruto. :hm

27. Reviewing Logic What the he-

and now this chapter said Mitsuki is a clone of someone (besides Orochi)

so that will likely get a addressed too

Edit: NVM false alarm :catwave

28. Corvida Anda de dia la noche es mia

Spain
    that´s what new punk is there for

Really? no-Kishi liked his drama too much for that

No-that would be the end and final degradation of her character

Unless she goes her mom´s route of not opening her legs for messiah and be the artful decoy

Kawaaaaaakiiii
    Not underestimating my sunn Moon Drop. but I would rather have Burro going evil, for a change

Sarada for MC, then!-she want to be hokage?
    Do the messiah thing

Loving the MC ?
    never again. not one blush or muh sun again!!!
    I would love for both of them to develop by rebelling and and dropping the toad-the new punk was needless

29. Corvida Anda de dia la noche es mia

Spain
    we already knew that since he-has-an older- version smoking and being an smartass with Oro

30. Raniero 『 』

Don't read the manga, but they're plenty relevant in the anime.