1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

Voting for the first Konoha Country Club Poetry Competition is live!

Please check out the Entries here.

Place your votes in the 1st Choice Vote thread here and the 2nd Choice Vote thread here.

-- NarutoForums Staff

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and place your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Mohammed will be most popular boys' name in Britain

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Zodd, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Zodd Procrastinating

Sorry UK, all your culture are belong to them. Yours is on the way to destruction. :kukuku

Honestly though, what's up in Britain? Should I start classifying Britain a s a Muslim country?

Tags:
  2. Juubi Active Member

Isn't Mohammed already the most popular name in the world?

3. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

LOL :laugh :laugh :laugh "The Islamic Kingdom of Great Britain and Ulster" with "Allah saves the Queen" ?

Well, not very original... I'd seek for unfrequent muslim names for my kids, so they wouldn't be "mainstream". What's wrong with Ahmed ? That's a name I find cooler !

4. Juubi Active Member

I like the name Jabril. Jabril sounds cool.

5. Circe WONGA

Seriously though, strange turn. I myself prefer Samir.

6. Juubi Active Member

7. Nemesis The Sith Lord Moderator

Flag:
    Sokovia
    nope can't call us that not till there is an explosion of about 28 million more muslims in britain :p

8. Le Male Absolu Well-Known Member

I think it's one of the most popular name in France.

EDIT: I made a msitake Mohammed is 49th in France.

9. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

Isn't it Karim that is more popular in France ? I know more Karims and Rachids than Mohammeds... And we Tariks are a fair share :)

10. Zodd Procrastinating

Haha nice. Minarets on Buckingham anyone?

I always thought Mustafa sounded evil. I think because of that guy from Austin Powers. You could always give a baby boy the name "Basil", which is also a name in English if pronounced differently.

What about the "Fahmi"? Do you pronounce that "fock me"?

11. Constantine Dr. Love

Ahmed is win, it really was a name of Mohammad (pbuh).

12. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

London Tower. Already ready for transition.

I've heard Benyamin is cool too. Works in all 3 abrahamic religions. I know a muslim couple whose son is called Benyamin.

13. Silent Storm Active Member

Okay, let me tell you somthing you would probably laugh at.

Over the course of last year, it was made apparant that Enfiled town in London was not allowed to hang up christmas trees, I did some investigation into it and it turns out that the govourment told them not to because it would offend muslims.

This is not the only thing, now noone is allowed to hang their england flags outside of their windows so it would offend muslims. I am part british and african, I have been told by muslims in person to take them down because it offends them. And now I heard a law would be made that would tell us that we cannot hang ourt christmas trees in our house nor can we decorate our houses so it would avoid offense.

I am sorry but if they don't like it, they should fuck off, they come into the country and think they can have any special treatment, absolutly not, we want to celebrate christmas, if it offends you, too bad.

Dies anyone know of any good, safe and clean places for me to live in America.

That said let me go back on topic.

Mohammed, you would not belive how many kids at my school have that name.

I admit it is a commonly used name.

14. Lycanthropy This Battle Will Be Won ♥

I'm sick with all them Jacks anyway.
    No offense to people named Jack reading this right now.

15. Esponer Brief Intermission

Don't be ridiculous. There are only roughly 1,500,000 Muslims in the United Kingdom: about 2.5% of the population and only four times more than Jedi.

All this article demonstrates is that Mohammed is a ridiculously common name amongst Muslims, whereas British culture has a far greater name diversity.

The United Kingdom is nowhere near becoming an Islamic state. It is a secular state, and only about 38% of citizens of the U.K. believe in god, and at least six times as many Christians as Muslims. Note that these figures are based on those who actually believe in their god, and not the millions more who identify themselves as Christian on the census.

Also, I have lived in the U.K. for 19 years and I do not know anybody called Mohammed, Jack, Joshua or Oliver. I know and knew some people called Thomas, however. The most popular name in a country is not a very influential piece of cultural domination. In fact, I'll go one step further. I live in an area with a large proportion of Muslims, and I still don't know anybody called Mohammed.

No, they live in our country. Or are you going to spout some nonsense about an invisible army of illegal immigrants, all of them big fat dirty Muslims waving banners saying "We come to conquer in the name of Allah!"? I believe the United States has given to Western culture a rather dashingly good phrase for this situation: get real.

No they do not.

I strongly advise you stop reading biased, nonsense propaganda.

16. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

I agree with this poster. The local culture is "local" culture, meaning of the majority that lives here since long. It shouldn't be "surrendered" to an immigrant minority that feels "offended" (it's more political to me than truly cultural).

If some muslims (and they're just a minority among muslims too !! Crazy ! Listening to a noisy few when the rest actually doesn't care ! Most muslims do not feel offended !) feel that offended, I'd encircle the mosque of the offended with even more christmas trees until they either STFU or leave.
    Lol ! "A complaint = 1 more Xmas tree !"

17. NeonRoses ANBU Slave Driver, rawr

Personally, I think it wrong that Muslims are able to complain about christmas (when it barely means anything in a religious concept any more) but yet they've had large displays around here.

Somehow, I think our political correctness has become inverted and only works to minority subculture's favor.

If I offend anyone, I apologise, but this is my opinion, and until something happens to make me change it, this is my view.

18. Dionysus Brandy and Death

Yeah, really. This means nothing to me without absolute numbers of children born. As someone said before, everyone and their cousin is called Mohammed in Islamic circles. Hell there are people called Mohammed Mohammed Aziz Mohammed. (Or something like that. I read it in some news story about some Egyptian.)

Modern white British people tend to do the opposite; name children so they sound unique or at least use varied names. Many seem to make things up too.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  19. sel Agatha, This is Magnus

Dont blame muslims for the political correctness forcing you guys taking down christmas trees, we're just annoyed about it as you are. And the few that genuinely are? Theres something wrong with them

you sound a tad xenophobic though :p

Though on the topic my first namer is actually mohammed, though my family have always referred to me as my middle name and such and even on exams i put that. So i just think they put it in for respect of the Holy Prophet. So even though my name is Mohammed nobody calls me it. I also know a fre people who have the same situation

20. That NOS Guy The Pilot Who Lives by Pride

Sober apprasil of the actual numbers of Muslims in Euro countries makes the "Eurabia" scare one of the most hysterical and unfounded in history really. It's even worse then the know nothing movement of the 19th century.

That said, Mustafa is a fucking kick ass name. What other name can you say "Now son, your namesake Mustafa said this "I do not order you to advance, I order you to die!" now go to school!"

21. Silent Storm Active Member

Don't worry I am not.

I am not really blaming them for it, like you said I am annyed at the fact that our govourment are making illogical choices.

I don't mind them at all, but if they come policing round my house telling me what to do, I will get offensive. (Physically, not racially)

22. Amaretti No strong feelings whatsoever

Well, it beats naming them after fruit n' veg. :/

23. Dionysus Brandy and Death

I'm naming my first son "Bangers and Mash" in retaliation.

24. Pilaf The Man in the Rain

zucchini would be a kickass name.

But the most kickass name is Danzig... even though that's a surname and not a first name. But the Misfits were really freaking cool. Yeah.. Danzig.

Zucchini Danzig. Beats any Abrahamic name hands down.

25. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

I've heard "Green Tsunami" in other places. I just store it next to the "Yellow Threat" and the "Red Menace"... (though, the "Yellow Threat" seems to be making a comeback and the "Menace" isn't red anymore)

26. Black Wraith <b>The Chosen One</b>

I'm a Muslim in the UK and I don't mind Xmas trees. Their OK to look at and all the kids love 'em.
    It's just some people who start crying over every little thing.

I'm a BIG fan of the England team and don't mind the flags. I had one last year. Again it's only a few that cry IMHO. (C'mon Bekham! 3-0smile-big )

27. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

Can someone explain me why the cities involved in the "Xmas Tree" incidents did bow down to a few angry bearded people that didn't even represent the other muslims ? Is it "fear of terrorism" or something ? Then the terros have won, and I'm pissed. What party were the local officials ?

28. sel Agatha, This is Magnus

though i dont blame them, having fear struck into their hearts by the beards and hooks

29. Zabuzalives Active Member