1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Momo vs Setsuna

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by rborges01, Nov 30, 2018.

1. rborges01 Well-Known Member

The two recommended students who lost their matches. Who wins?

Tags:
  2. Mythoclast Hyper Lethal

3. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

They're kind of opposites in a way. Setsuna is one who looks to take the initiative while Momo is more of a reactionary being. If Setsuna can overwhelm Momo, then she is toast. However, Setsuna doesn't seem flexible enough to deal with a solid counterattack, which is more than likely what Momo will be bringing down upon her if her initial strike fails.

I believe Momo is more likely to weather Setsuna's first strike and deliver the counterattack than Setsuna is to be able to deliver a solid first attack or outwit Momo's eventual counter. So I go with Momo.

4. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

In a battle of attrition I see Tokage winning. She can just keep splitting apart at the right times to dodge attacks and Momo will wear herself out. Only way Momo can win is if she can hit Tokage with an attack hard enough to knock her out after Tokage splits into a bunch of pieces and they stay apart so long that they have to come back (the exact moment she needs to become whole again).

Just destroying a few pieces wouldn't work as she can also regenerate.

5. Yak Well-Known Member

Probably Momo. Setsuna can apply her hit and run tactics all she likes, Momo just has to build a fucking armor. Like, literally knight armor. It's simple enough if she can create ancient cannons. What's Setsuna gonna do? Bleed on her? She'll have to get in an try to get her in close quarters. Her best shot is doing that right from the start but that too is a gamble. If Momo manages to create a weapon or a shield or anything similar, Tokage might be fucked.

Since we haven't really see how good she is in close quarters, yeah, gotta give it to Momo.

6. Sablés Well-Known Member

Momo by a mile. Can't make anything convincingly useful out of Setsuna's quirk.

7. rborges01 Well-Known Member

I don’t know with the way Momo went against Kendo I don’t think Momo will have time to even react to Setsuna hitting her like she did against Bakugo. It would basically be the exact same way it was against Tokoyami in the sports festival.

8. Kellogem Well-Known Member

Is momo creating some bunker of an armor and staying there count as a fight? She still wouldnt be able to do anything about Setsuna. She can wait out until her body parts stop moving looking for an opening, but if Setsuna see her having a defense she cant get through why would she keep herself scattered, she can also just stand there waiting for momo to come out or see an opening to disassembly herself and assault her.. and then they can just stand there eyeing each other, Momo with some protective gear until the end of times. maybe Momo can try to create some sort of weapon to fire at her, but 1) that would create an opening on her defense 2) I doubt whatever she comes up with would work on Setsuna.. she can scatter AND regenerate and Momo wouldnt create anything lethal, like a machine gun.

but if it comes to speed, I think Setsuna could disassembly her body and beat up momo before she get to create some massive armor, so Id put my money on her.. it takes time for Momo to create massive things, I think it'd to create something capable of defending her from all directions, while Setsuna seemed to be pretty quick with her quirk.

9. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

Depends on who tires first. Momo from creating stuff or setsuna from regenerating.

Setsuna's stamina consumption is a bit more static compared to momo's but her offense wouldn't threaten momo much seeing as she can make armor's out of tungsten. I'm leaning more towards momo since she can create fires, trackers, and cannons to threaten setsuna while setsuna can't mount much meaningful offense as well as having to constantly regen.

10. Kellogem Well-Known Member

actually I can see Setsuna covering Momo with her body parts if she puts in some bulky armor cutting her off from oxygen and her visibility and shit. there would be like a layer of flesh around Momo, getting rid of that would be a pain unless she gets out of the armor which I think would leave her wide open for a beating.

at the very least she only has to put some chunk on her face for her to not see anything. she tries to take it off and she replaces another floating next to her head immediately.