1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice

Momo's Divine Tree

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Platypus, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Platypus * Advisor

Momo absorbed only a tiny amount of Hachibi's chakra. Killer B used the classic tentacle switch trick and should be alive and kicking (according the movie at least…). Anyhow, Momo said "Tsk! Is this all?" when he turned the chakra he had absorbed from Killer B into three chakra pills.

He used at least one chakra pill at the stadium assault and the remainder they used to plant a new tree in his dimension apparently. This does explain what took them so long to reach Konoha lol. However this doesn't explain why they chose to prioritise planting a Shinju over stealing Naruto's chakra.

Shouldn't he require at least a fragment of all tailed beasts' chakra? Obito needed all nine's chakra in order to revive the Juubi.

What's the point of planting a Shinju on an already barren world?

Discuss.

Tags:
  2. Mider T VM Zombie

To "harvest" the chakra from the world. Same plot as the DBZ movie Tree of Might.

3. Boruto Well-Known Member

Anyway, with what we know now, I have no idea what he was trying to do. Funny enough, it makes sense when you think of how small that Divine Tree was compared to the one Obito released. That one absolutely dwarfed Gai's Hirudora with its roots alone. Compared to that, Momo's was tiny - just like the amount of chakra that was put into it, according to this. I guess Momo/the Ootsutsuki have some way of bypassing the need for all of the beasts' chakra to be gathered and can do it with less chakra, but the resulting tree isn't up to snuff, either.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  4. MShadows Deathbat

Did he only absorb a tiny amount of Hachibi's chakra? I took it as Hachibi's chakra just being a lot less than he had imagined.

5. pat pat Well-Known Member

Hachibi is the incarnation of a part of the shinju.
    We had the shinju that got divided into gedo M and it’s chakra became the tailed beast. What momo did was basically use a part of hachibi’s chakra which is itself a part of the chakra of the shinju’s chakra......
    And then made another shinju with it......
    The whole shinju shit was already messed up why even make it messier? :catcry
    And those who say it’s to harvest the chakra of the planet. From what I remember shinju was the origin of chakra on earth............it didn’t pumped the planet’s chakra since a planet doesn’t have chakra but natural energy which is required to make senjutsu chakra.
    But I think in the naruto anime they said it pumped chakra from earth...
    Like I don’t get anything about this shit anymore.

6. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

You know, y'all apply more effort to the series than the writers themselves

7. Platypus * Advisor

This is true if we go by the Shippuden anime: a Shinju slowly drains the planet of its natural energy. Which is why a world like Earth seems way more suitable for harvesting compared to some barren wasteland. Up till previous episode I figured Momo's planet was so barren because of its Shinju.

Last episode, when Momo is sucking Naruto.

Killer B pulled the same trick he used against Taka. Recall when Akatsuki were draining chakra with the Gedo Mazo and Killer B's body transformed back to reveal a tentacle.

8. Boruto Well-Known Member

Thanks, haven't seen it yet.

I have a feeling we won't know the answer to this for a while, neither how he made a tree out of that chakra nor why he did it on a barren wasteland. Maybe the trees can still produce fruits in places like that, although not as powerful. And since ninjas would provide resistance if it were planted on Earth, and he knew he couldn't kill them all, like he did at another planet in the novel, he planted it where he did, instead. Or the clan rules forbid him to do it on Earth.

9. BlinkST All is well in the kingdom

United States
    @Klue
    You seen that last episode? Man what the frack is Kishi thinking:catskully

Damn series is a dumpster and he keeps adding fuel:fatcat

10. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

11. Boruto Well-Known Member

12. PureWIN Mr. Prince

It does make sense. It's like real life trees - gathering the Gedo Mazou + all 9 bijuu chakra was the equivalent of replanting the original Shinju tree.

But if you only have a fragment of the chakra, it's like a small sapling that can be used to regrow the tree. This is what Obito did by reviving the Juubi with only fragments of the Hachibi and Kyuubi's chakra, where it then absorbed natural energy until it fully restored itself.

Regarding chakra - considering the fact Kurama was shown mediating like a sage in order to regenerate his chakra, it's strongly implied human and bijuu chakra, natural energy and senjutsu, and the Shinju are all one in the same.

Considering the fact summonings did not originate from Kaguya (for obvious reasons), it's strongly implied that chakra and senjutsu has always existed - its just humans from Kaguya's bloodline introduced the ability for humans to wield it.

The story is incredibly sloppy, but it's all there.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Atlantic Storm summa cum laude Supporting Staff

To answer the first question, I assume Momoshiki's relative mastery of the Rinnegan and the Ōtsutsuki clan techniques means that he's able to plant a Shinju even if he only has a fragment of a Bijū's chakra. This mostly checks out, because his tree is significantly smaller than the one Obito planted after he became a jinchūriki, and Obito himself was able to steal some Rikūdo chakra from Madara after extracting a portion of his Bijū chakra.

For the second question, I think it's to steal the world's remaining resources, and because it's a remote location where he can extract Naruto's chakra without worry of interference from others. It's clear from the recent episode that he wasn't expecting interference.