1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Monkey D. Luffy vs. Kenshin Himura

Discussion in 'Manga/Anime Battledome' started by Code, Jul 4, 2005.

Pirate vs. Samurai!

1. Monkey D. Luffy

22 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. Kenshin Himura

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Code

Who would win between a pirate and a samurai?

since appearnatly Kenshin's speed surpasses that of the gods and his techniques are undefeatable.

I'd say the battle ends with Luffy winning with one punch...

Tags:
  2. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

Luffy is incredibly resilient but I'd have to go with Kenshin and his god-like speed. ^^

3. Tenderfoot

I admit this is a triky one, but lets not forget, Kenshin uses a blade that can't cut (forgot what he called it), I'ld say Luffy can scoop this one. I wonder who would win between Kenshin and Zoro though.

4. Akamaru Mask

I'd HAVE to say kenshin atm, he could destroy luffy...

but luffy's got a lot of developement if he's gonna live up to is dream, be king of pirates, so maybe later on luffy will become a lot stronger

5. Code

Well consider Soujiro's fighting style. It was blatantly stated that it surpassed Kenshin's speed. He seemed to kind of push forward in it and using it to the max he was able to make craters around the wooden room.

Then there's Bellamy who fights the same way. But he crushed a ship by simply sprining off of it. He also did the same to the part of an entire city. He should be many time sfaster than Soujiro yet Luffy still was able to more than match that speed and smack him down with 1 hit.

6. Raistlin-sama

Luffy, his from a fantasy world, while Kenshin's world is much (although not completley) more realistic...

7. sundis

There's no way for Kenshin to win. His downfall lies in his body. His skin bleeds, his bones break.

Luffy can have several buildings fall on him while he's asleep and not feel it. He completely heals himself from eating meat. He can fly from either twisting his arms together or by taking a deep breath and then blowing out... come on, this isnt even fair.

8. Code

I would've thought a guy who can take explosions that cause big waves in the ocean that is located couple hundred feet off where he took an explosion in the face, and only gets pissed off at it, would have more of a chance against someone like Kenshin....

Then there's is the "god speed" argument. I compared the fighting styles of Soujiro and how he amplifies his speed which is said to be greater than Kenshin's speed and Bellamy who uses the same thing (though it makes it look like Soujiro is 100 steps behind the technique's true power...) to increase his power and speed. And how that speed was nothing agaisnt Luffy. Even in the very first arc, Kuro was so fast that he himself could not see anything and he'd cover distances of a over a hundred meters is nothing seconds. And in One Piece you can see a huge gap in power by each arc from the villians and the main characters.

Then there's the technique that Kenshin learned that is said to be so fast that it attacked 9 places in one time. Luffy can attack many times that number in 1 attack early on in the series...

So I do think that Kenshin will be like a slug to Luffy.

9. Crowe

As in every "x vs x" thread, the problem is the world and the dimension. In RK's world, Soujiro's speed is almost almost the maximum, while in OP the toplimit is much much higher. If we should make it fair and add Soujiro to OP's dimension he should be one of the fastest.

10. keyboad

luffy might lose because he kenshin has a sword and luffy mightnot stand up to his sword

11. Code

Luffy has fought opponnents using swords before (such as Arlong), he was also evenly matched with Zoro (who would make quick work of Kenshin) when they fought briefly. So I don't think Kenshin using swords could overcome the incredibly large gap between them.

12. keyboad

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    i guess you are right i forgot about arlong and zoro and i also forgot about how many appoinents he beat and how cool and weird powers they have

Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  13. zizou

If we're talking about the true battousai then Kenshin would win, if not, Luffy wins.

14. OniTasku

I'd definitely say Luffy would win. He moves faster than Kenshin now, no doubt about that. He's also a lot stronger and his stamina is insane.

15. Woofie

Yeah, Rurouni Kenshin is a fairly realistic world with semi-reasonable powers, whereas One Piece is a crazy world with pretty much no limit on what powers can be achieved. Of course Kenshin can't win this - Luffy might not come across as particularly fast, but he should actually be plenty faster than Kenshin. :)

16. Phenomenol

You guys forgot that it is not Kenshin's speed that seperated him from fighters it is his skills. "Kenshin can read and anticipate everything." No matter how fast you are even if you can not be seen by the human eye Kenshin's skills allow him to read it anyway. This win will belong to Kenshin!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  17. Woofie

Yeah, but that statement was formulated based on events in a fairly realistic world - it may well be true there, but I doubt it would still hold true if you threw him into DBZ's world and put him against Chou Gohan. :wink

18. Jeltz

It doesn't really matter if Kenshin will know if he is going to be owned or not. He might use this reading to dodge a couple of punches but if Luffy takes the fight seriously he will just punsh faster than Kensihin can dodge the punshes.

19. Freija

anyone realizing that his sakabato don't work on Luffy+ i'd say that Luffy is faster and about 200 times stronger, if not more >,>

so guess who i voted for ? :amuse

20. KuwabaraTheMan

Luffy would destroy Kenshin in seconds alone, this wouldn't even be fair. Kenshin's level is nowhere near the One Piece level of skill, his speed would be nothing there.

21. omg laser pew pew!

Battles between some-what realistic mangs and completely fiction stories are kinda biased