1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Most over rated QB this season!

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by kuchiyoseNOjutsu, Oct 8, 2006.

1. kuchiyoseNOjutsu Badass

Ok guys I've been meaning to do this since preseason began but I decided to wait till there are a few games in this young season.

Most over rated QB: Daunte Culpepper

Ok first off i'm not bashing this guy, I just can't take the fact that a lot of so called expert picks Miami to represent the AFC in SB. One of the main reasons being,"They have acquired a prolific QB since Dan Marino." It just totally irked me, they failed to consider Daunte was coming off major knee surgery, and he sucked the season before. Reports indicate he fully recovered, but the 21 sacks he received in 4 games suggest otherwise. That's just my opinion, what about yours?

Tags:
  2. b0rt retired, moving on. =)

Culpepper. Hands down. Rothlisberger hasn't been playing all upto expectation this year either. But still, Culpepper easily is the most overrated so far this year.

3. Sorrow-Tear's Champion Fair and Biased

No arguements here. Culpepper had every Miami fan buying SB tickets and now look at them.

4. kuchiyoseNOjutsu Badass

^They'll be selling those tickets in the black market, lol

5. Redemption 乾杯

More like TicketHub and Ebay which are border line legal, but yeah Miami is an utter joke of a team at the moment. Daunte Culpepper better win his next game against the Jets or he might be looking at the sidelines pretty quick.

6. CyberPunk 3D Blaster Savage

Daunte lost his job this past weekend. Harrington snatched his spot as QB.

7. Orga777 I LIVE... FOR THE FOURTH TIME!

I don't remember Saben saying that. He was resting Culpepper who has a weak knee and a beat on shoulder. And Harrington really didn't fair much better anyway.

As for the most overrated QB this season. It is easy, Ben Roethlisburger. Tell me when he even gets a touchdown.

8. Rukia and, of course... hail Hydra

Culpepper is the easy answer to this question. Wasn't he supposed to make the Dolphins contenders for a playoff spot?

Big Ben isn't a bad answer either. 0 TD's and what....7 INT's this year? I realize that he is coming off a motorcycle accident and other injuries, but it certainly doesn't help that Batch looked great in his start.

At this stage of his career, Brett Farve is also overrated. Every announcer rants about him whenever he does anything good. The guy throws too many interceptions now though. Every week he does it. He totally blew this weeks game for the Packers also. Terrible job.

9. b0rt retired, moving on. =)

I disagree with the Brett Favre answer. Simply because, every game the Packers have been in this year, asides from that one against the Bears, they've hung in there, to the very end and usually lost by only a couple points. Favre may be like 37 years old, but damnit the guy's still an awesome QB.

10. Sorrow-Tear's Champion Fair and Biased

Favre has always been like that. Throughout his career he makes mistakes that rookies don't even make, but he also makes plays that the most accurate vets can't do. The Steelers never really depended on Big Ben that much, it was mostly their running game they went with, but yeah he has sucked. I think Culpepper gets the nod because of all the expectations that came with his signing. He was supposed to be the missing piece to get them to the playoffs.

11. cryodragoon *insert theme song here*

what the hell is QB anyway?

12. UtahCrip Utah, we go hard

please leave, the men are talking

and yeah culpepper is straight ass.

13. CyberPunk 3D Blaster Savage

Even though they lost, Harrington played a hell of a lot better than Culpepper has in any of the past 4 weeks.

14. JJ Hiatus

Yeah we can blame Culpepper, but that sorry offensive line they have isn't exactly protecting him either.

Culpepper and Rothlisberger are overrated, but then again those two are coming off surgeries. I think they put Rothlisberger in there too soon after his appendectomy.

15. Redemption 乾杯

Well its officially Harrington for next week, Daunte is going back to rehab on his knee. "We'll evaluate it on a week-to-week basis," Saban said. "This week, we're going to plan to play like we did last week. ... We're going to work with Daunte, improve his movement, give him some reps in practice, get Joey ready to play in the game. Now, does that make him the starter? I guess that makes him the starter."

He didn't lose his job however, that was made quite clear by Saban. The Dolphins are an overated joke of a team thats done either way this year for the AFC East IMHO. The Jets and Patriots will be the only contenders, with the Bills following in their tracks as a pretender.

16. b0rt retired, moving on. =)

Harrington isn't the best quarterback in the world, however if he does play well and keep the Dolphins in games and even win some, who knows, maybe in Miami we'll have a quarterback contreversy. But, if Harrington is anything like he was the last 5 years in Detroit, you can scratch my last couple sentences, because he's going to have to step it up more then he ever has to open some eyes so to speak, and better yet give the Dolphins hope, because they're in a reasonably weak division and could have been 4-1 instead of 1-4 right now, and most people I think would have had them 4-1 after 5 games and not 1-4.

17. Sorrow-Tear's Champion Fair and Biased

Man if you listen to Cowboys fans Bledsoe has them all beat. They're calling for him to be benched again. Oh how I love stryfe in Jerryland.:laugh :laugh

18. Orga777 I LIVE... FOR THE FOURTH TIME!

There are always controversies for the quarter back position. If Bledsoe is benched the Cowboys might as well tank the season. Luckily Parcells is smarter then that and knows Bledsoe gives them the best shot at winning.

19. kuchiyoseNOjutsu Badass

Some of you have pointed out Brett Favre, and I kinda agree half-heartedly.:cry Don't get me wrong I like the guy, but I do feel he should really hang it up. Found an interesting article in SI.com, and I quote:

Yes Brett I do wonder. :oh

I feel he has been overrated the past 3 years or so, but that is because of the media's respect for him. I still love him, and I still enjoy watching this great player operate.

Still no one did expect GreenBay to reach SB this season, unlike Miami with Daunte.:p

20. Sorrow-Tear's Champion Fair and Biased

As much as I hate praising anyone from Green Bay you have to respect Favre. There's many reasons he should have retired by now the biggest being you hate seeing such a great player play past their time. The second being you hate seeing such a player on such a bad team. Now your problem is how do you bench Brett Favre to start building for the future. That's going to kickup one helluva shitstorm.

21. mechaBD oh hi.

A lot of overrated quarterbacks this year. But I think that Dante is the most overrated. They were supose to "rival New England" this year and all I see is them sitting in the basement. Dante was never really been all that good to begin with even when he played for the vikings. Maybe Harrington can get there team a win next week.

22. kuchiyoseNOjutsu Badass

So true. I found out that Brett is 18TDs short of equalling Marino's all-time record, also he is about 20 interceptions shy of equalling the all-time record. Brett playing is a double edged sword with this TD/int record thing. To make matters worse, Greenbay don't have any idea how Aaron Rogers as a QB is. Benching a legend is hard enough, benching a legend chasing the all-time TD record is the hardest.

23. b0rt retired, moving on. =)

Steve McNair said it best. Favre has 3 or 4 good years left in him. He just needs some more protection and receivers to get more open and the guy will be dynamite again. He's still a very good quarterback I think.

24. Summoner サマーナル

Daunte Culpepper. In 2004 he had one of the best seasons in NFL history throwing for 4700 yards and 39 touchdowns, but the year after he had season-ending surgery. He definately isn't the quarterback he was a few years ago.

I also think Rex Grossman is seriously overrated. He's played in 5 games this season, and they're calling him the league MVP. He's played against weak defenses, and the Chicago Bears have the weakest schedule in NFL history. Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Matt Leinart, Carson Palmer, etc. are all better than him.

25. Sorrow-Tear's Champion Fair and Biased

Minnesota, Buffalo and Seattle are far from weak defenses.Claiming him as MVP this early is jumping the gun. But going out and performing better than ppl thought you could is not overrated. Grossman was always thought to have the talent to be a top qb in this league, but injuries have hampered him so far. Now that he's healthy he's proveing those beliefs right so far. Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer are proven winners in this league so that's not a fair comparison. But what exactly have Phillip Rivers and Matt Leinart done. Not a whole lot.

26. ~Shin~ Spectacular Insanity

Brett Favre is probably the most overrated imo. Michael Vick is also pretty overrated, he's good but he just doesn't do what a QB is supposed to do

27. kuchiyoseNOjutsu Badass

^Haha now that you mentioned Mike Vick, I read an interesting stat on SI in the aftermath of GiantsvsFalcons game.

Yikes!!!

28. Stealth Tomato It has big taste.

Well, let's officially cross off Ben Roethlisberger from the list.

I for one think it's Rex Grossman. But nobody's going to believe me until he actually SHOWS he's overrated. See, it's easy to call a guy overrated AFTER he starts sucking. It takes balls to point out the guys who are really overrated.

29. Orga777 I LIVE... FOR THE FOURTH TIME!

HA! Minnesota also almost beat them and Grossman really didn't play well in that game. Buffalo good at defense? Maybe three years ago, but they stunk last year just like they do this year. They lost to Detroit for crying out loud. Seattle's defense is in the middle of the pack and can easily be exploited in the back field. Out side of the Boulware and Hamlin the two Safeties they don't have anyone since the Corner Backs are not really that good.

Perhaps Grossman is overrated... We will see what he does against New Englands defense week 12 while the Bears are away from home. Or how well they do against the Giants week 10 or @St. Louis week 14 and they do play Minnesota again. Right now all they have played are scrubs except for Seattle and in a few weeks we will see how good they really are.

30. Stealth Tomato It has big taste.

Boom. Headshot.