1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Mouse sensitivity problems

Discussion in 'Tech Hub' started by The Uchiha Wrath, Oct 25, 2006.

1. The Uchiha Wrath Harmless spectator

Well, this problem has become kind of annoying lately.

I have an MS comfort optical 3000 [1000dpi] mouse, I am using it on a win2k3 box with the latest intellipoint drivers, I am heavy into games so I can be a bit touchy about sensitivity =/

The problem is the constant sensitivity changes. If some programs are removed from startup and running processes terminated the sensitivity in games like quake 3 kinda get a huge boost and I have to tinker to get a good sensitivity which I am familiar with all over again, and it depends everytime, the sensitivity just doesn't stay constant.

The solution I am looking for is for the mouse to stay at a constant sensitivity, either fast or slow, it shouldn't suddenly change drastically on my ass, is there anything that can help me achieve this?

Thanx

Tags:
  2. ShinAkuma Fanboy Destroyer

Could it be due to different resolutions from desktop to gaming?

If the desktop rez is much different that the game rez it can appear to alter the mouse sensitivity.

Another thing to look for is the intellipoint settings. Intellipoint supports are wide array of mice. If the mouse selection setting is somehow caused to change it can alter the sensitivity due to "driving" a different mouse.

This is a tough problem for me to troubleshoot because I don't use mice, I use trackballs. I suggest you get a trackball. :)