1. img
    Come join the 5th Democratic Primary Debate Watch-Along!
    The debate will air on November 20th from 9-11 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Movie 1: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow Discussion (reair on Dec 6 @ 9 pm ET)

Discussion in 'Naruto Dub Discussion' started by QBnoYouko, Feb 25, 2007.

1. kyubisharingan

wow, cool, i gonna see this. it will be intersting hearing the DUB in the movie. hmm....from here to june.....im not sure if the english dub episodes will get that far in so as to show the movie. the movie might kind be spoilers

2. Tyrannos

Some of the Naruto Talent said that they will be beginning the Dubbing for the first Naruto movie sometime next month.

As for the "Select Theaters", that is just a fancy term meaning major U.S. Cities like LA, NY, Houston, etc. And from what I understand, it will show on the Cartoon Network and co-released on DVD.

3. Death-T

Yeah,we'll get around to like,94 or 95 though for sure.Someone else on another forum already did the math. xD But,there might be a marathon or somethign before then to boost us up ! smile-big The movie's said to take place betwen 102 and 104 or something.

Hmm,anyway though. I live in,well near Mineapolis anyway,so maybe I will get to see it.Maybe I can see it in the Mall of America,afterall they did have a Naruto Raod Tour thing there before. *Hopeness* Meh,whatever. I still think it's pretty FRIGGIN' stupid though.

4. Manetheren

Yeah, the movie takes place around episode 101ish in the timeline.

I seem to remember hearing that Toonami has announced they got the broadcast rights for the movie to air this year sometime (probably not til this fall though).

5. TsukasaElkKite

6. Death-T

Heh,cool. :amuse Anyway I hope we're able to see it though. I mean it's not that I wouldn't be satisfied with buying the DVD,I mean I am going to get it anyway. But I wanna see it in theaters.It's much more exciting in theaters and I wanna be among the first to see it in English. :)

Hmm,about the movie though. I wonder if it's going to be edited,or uncut ? I hope it's uncut,that way ... Well,it'll be uncut to start with which is always better to begin with. lol And also,I don't wanna have to wait for an uncut release,and the DVD would have both the English & Japanese version to watch. :)

7. Tyrannos

They shouldn't need to edit the movie.

From what I remember, the Wave Arc had tons worse violence than the First and Second Movies combined.

8. reddik

Wow I can't wait to see the 1st Naruto movie dubbed :)

9. Tainted_reflection

YES!! I can't wait to hear the dub! But... only selected theaters? Darn... then I probably won't get to see it :cry
    I'll have to wait for Cartoon Network to show it...

Posted by: TsukasaElkKite

Amen to that!

10. JJ

Oh you guys will love this little tidbit. It's from Liam O'Brien's thread. It looks like he did the script.

Aoba's mission antics

11. mew42003

lol i can't wait for this movie! by then U.S.A will be around that timeline, so i'm happy :D but cartoon network screwed up with technical difficulties and cut to the credits for episode 80 when there was 10 mins left...

12. ☆Indigo☆

Hopefully it'll be shown in a theater in Boston...I'm making my mom take me if it is. xDD

I can't wait to see this in English. =D

13. dragonx190

I much prefer the first movie over the second one. The second one's plot and characters were one big WTF for me, like a bad crossover fanfic, except I couldn't tell where the crossover was coming from.

I'll probably wait until the DVD release. Before then, I'll just hang around the boards and enjoy reading other people's comments on the dubbed movie.

14. Sima

YAY! I can hear myself screaming YAY SASUKE! during the movie...Lol

15. ☆Indigo☆

A lot of people say the second one was so much better, but I didn't like it. (even though it has Shikamaru in it! :omg) I didn't get the plot or anything, and at the very end I was just like..."ok, wtf just happened? :huh "
    (Though that might have been because I watched it at like 1:30 am. :oh )

16. dest

this is great. i have been waiting for this for a long time. i have put off watching it til it was dubbed. didn't need to watch it for the series so i didn't.

17. General Mustang

I didn't like this movie too much. But i'm going to see it anyways!!!! :D!

18. Fonster Mox

If the movie is released on this date, won't it spoil a couple of things from the anime? I'm not going to list them, even tagged, but I'm sure it will....

19. humberga

Im probably going to rent it when dvd comes out. I dont think many people would see a naruto movie in the theaters in my opinion

20. dest

agree with you. i never see anything in theaters anyway. just wait til it goes out on dvd

21. lollipop

22. Hemino Hyuuga

I wonder which theaters it will be shown in?

24. TheAlmightyOverlord

I would like to see it...But I guess I'll have to go hunting when the time comes, as there is nothing really around me (CT) that shows anything but the generic movies.

25. Death-T

Well,I did a little research on the movie,and found that fathom events is doing the show.0r um,somethin' like that.Just a company VIZ must be workin'with or whatever to air the movie in theaters or something.It didn't say much though,the theaters that the movies' airing in aren't listed yet and you can't order any tickets.Get this though,the movie will only be aring ONE night,June 6th 2006.And it will only air at 7:00 PM.So tickets are gonna sell out for sure,so I think I'm gonna end up ordeing them online just in case,that is if there's a theater I'll get to see it in.I saw the AMC THEATRE logo though on their website which is the theater at the Mall of America in Minneapolis,which is a pretty big city so there may just be some hope for me. :) And the MOA has had anime related events there,one of them being a Naruto Rode Show thing which I actually went to. :laugh

Man I'd really like to get to see this movie in theater,it's so much more exiting then just sitting down at home watching a DVD.:amuse I hope I'm able to go.

0h yeah,BTW...

this scene

26. 99NineTails99

That's cool! I have only seen the first two movies, and this one is my favorite. Although Gaara is in the second, it has a poor storyline. I can't wait to hear this movie dubbed. Hopefully the series will get to the 90's before the movies plays, or the movie will have some big spoilers. Since they will only show it in selected theaters, I probably won't get to see it until it airs on CN.

According to the Wikipedia article on the movie, it says that The Adventures of Princess Fuun is an homage to Journey to the West. Where is that connection from?

27. MiNaC

So wait, there was a June 6th one time showing last year and you're traveling back in time to go see it? :huh

28. K'

29. Death-T

30. MiNaC

I liked the time travel angle better. :mad