1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Mugen and Jin vs pre-Eclipse Guts

Discussion in 'Manga/Anime Battledome' started by Perfect Moron, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Perfect Moron

Guts can't use his crossbow, and has no helmet on. A straight up two-on one swordfight.

Tags:
  2. blacklusterseph004

I say in a two on one, Kin and Mugen can take him. Jin is like a reversal type swordsman, which I think would do well against Guts. Mugens resourcefulness with the terrain and circumstances would make him useful in this fight as well. The only problem might be how well they team up. The only time we've seen Jin and Mugen go two on one was at the end of the series, and then they seemed to get in each other's way a bit.

3. ez

Do they have enough strength to take on guts' blows?

4. blacklusterseph004

Probably not, that's why Jin stands a good chance against Guts.

5. ez

Doesn't Jin do the same thing as Griffith did? When Guts and Griffith fought, Grifith won by using guts' own strength against him, but when they fought for the last time, Guts broke right through Griffith's sword. Jin is probably a better swordsman, though.

6. blacklusterseph004

Similar, but even better. That's why Kin is one of my favourite anime swordsman to watch. Instead of meeting strength with strength by trying to block an incoming strike, he rather avoids it completely and counter-attacks. This is a far more effective and energy efficient way of fighting, especially against someone like Guts who commits a lot of strength to an attack, thanks to the weight of his sword.

7. Miyata Prime

8. Perfect Moron

Yeah, come to think of it, I should have made it Mugen and Jin vs Guts and Griffith.

9. Hokage Naruto

Guts as I have seen and read, seems to be more of a crowd fighter than one on one. I think Jin and Mugen are capable enough to dodge a blow by Guts and the two of them are accurate enough to stab Guts in the right positions to kill him.