1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want YOU the community to help contribute to the new Spiral Rep titles!

Please, check this thread.

Dismiss Notice
  5. My fellow ningen! It's time for another Dragon Ball Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. [​IMG]

We are going to give one month of coloured usernames to a couple of NF users.

Please, check NFs Valentine's Day Event

Dismiss Notice

7. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

MUI Goku vs Beerus

Discussion in 'DB Battledome' started by xmysticgohanx, Dec 10, 2018.

1. PFM18 Well-Known Member

I definitely agree with this. Not a huge gap, but still significant and pronounced to some extent.

2. OLK Well-Known Member

Until Goku can actually sustain UI for more than a few minutes, he's not beating Beerus. If he can actually stay in the form, then he beats Beerus

3. MShadows Deathbat

Why could he not? He destroyed a Jiren that is stronger than Beerus himself.

4. OLK Well-Known Member

He never got to finish Jiren off because he couldn't handle UI
    I can see a similar thing happening with Beerus. He beats him into the ground, then UI hurts him and he loses it. Even Base Jiren was able to at least get up from UI attacks even though he was getting wrecked. And Manga Jiren was able to take hits. I don't think the difference between normal Jiren and Beerus is massive or anything

5. MShadows Deathbat

He got up, but that's because Goku stopped attacking and allowed him to catch a breather.

Had Goku been smart he could've finished off Jiren quickly, but muh plot and shit.

6. genii96 GENIUS

Similarto what I thought,it can't beore than a 2-3X boost

And for that specific reason,it Can't offset the massive power difference existing between going and beerus prior to MUI

I mean

Beerus base >>>>>>>>>> good base
    UI = UI

Thus,goku using MUI can't offset that power gap IMO

Reason why is give UI beerus the win

7. KennethLT Well-Known Member

Seems like most of us are in the same page of MUI goku > Beerus.

8. genii96 GENIUS

I don't really agree tho, having a higher form doesn't mean your stronger,I mean the gap between MUI and UI isn't ThAT high,

At least not high enough to offset the massive gap between beerus and Goku in their base forms

It's like giving goten SSJ2 and saying he would beat SSJ Vegeta because he has ssj2 while Vegeta is in SSJ

I would put MUI goku over normal beerus,but not UI beerus

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019 at 5:48 AM
  9. John West Active Member

Beerus normal is UI Beerus, I think the manga showed the Beerus can use UI but can't use it for long

10. genii96 GENIUS

If he can't use it for long then it's not normal for him, he seems to be able to freely Access it tho,but like you said,he hasn't perfected it yet,also I don't think he has used it in the anime yet

11. MShadows Deathbat

Ultra Instinct is supposed to be a fighting technique though, or rather way of combat. We've seen it be portrayed as such when it came to Whis and Beerus in the manga.

They only turned it into a form, actually two forms even (UI Omen and the silver haired UI) only when it came to Goku because guess what? They had to sell some more toys and new DBH cards.

Had it worked like a technique/fighting style in the same vein as it did for Whis and Beerus, Goku wouldn't have changed appearance at all and that's a no-no when it comes to selling merch.

UI acts as a transformation for Goku, which comes with the complete new aura, new hair color with slightly changed hairstyle and eye color as well. An incredibly powerful transformation at that since it puts him above his SSB forms and gives him broken reaction hax.

That's why for Whis and Beerus it only grants them the enhanced reflexes hax and no additional power boost. An UI Beerus is not "stronger", only "harder to hit".

12. genii96 GENIUS

UI used by Goku is exactly the same used by beerus and whis and has Never been differentiated.

Them not having the same transformations as Goku doesn't prove anything,

Using excuses like sales to try to justify beerus somehow losing access to the UI boost is wrong and baseless

He hasn't even used it in the anime yet
    And whis is constantly in a state of MUI,so who says he doesn't get a boost? Have we seen a non MUI whis before?

Unless proven otherwise they are the same,and has been treated as such

13. MShadows Deathbat

Not even in the manga are Beerus and Goku's UI the same. The manga has the same UI Omen and UI transformations as the anime.

There is no change in Beerus's appearance whatsoever nor any visible power increase when he uses his incomplete UI. It's just something that allows him to unconsciously dodge the majority of incoming attacks.

Can you show proof that UI actually gives Beerus any kind of power boost? No, you can't. Because he doesn't get any. All he gets is haxxed reaction speed.

14. genii96 GENIUS

UI gives beerus no power boost but just dodge has depite being the same exact skill Goku uses

Because they want to sell lore merchandise

Carry on with that