1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Music and Television

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by Tanthalos, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Tanthalos

Are there shows that have good music? Does it really matter if shows have good music?

I personally don't watch tv so I have very little opinion on what the music quality on todays shows are, but looking back to when I did watch tv there were shows that both had good and awful music.

Anything involving the words "Star Trek" is awful, no really even the theme of the Borg from Next Generation's "Best of Both Worlds" episode was at best ok. I know for a long time the theme's of Voyager and DS9 were brilliant, but I think that's because people were desperate and the idea of a symphonic multiple chord song as appose to a computer modified, tweaky one chord in different scales music they tried to make sound eerie was one of awe and wonder.

"Buffy The Vampire Slayer" Alright I like the music, but I will admit Christopher Beck is only good and not great, any time he needed fight music things tended to fall apart ("war" being the one HUGE exception), though his dramatic pieces are beautiful. Rob Duncan on the other hand, and the one song he did for the show called "Final Fight" is...wow...
    It's a must own song for anyone's collection if you like music that is epic, Braveheart tried to be epic and only mildly succeeded (IMO), this song is truely epic.

"Xena: Warrior Princess" Yes Callisto was cool, yes Callisto's music was awsome, but honestly Jospeh DeLoduca was only a 1 in 8, 1 in 9 artist. Which is a really bad ratio of good to bad, most people just never noticed because he did like 200+ songs for the show.

How about now a days anything good? Anything worth the timne?

Tags:
  2. The Fireball Kid

Dbz is a show, and it has an awesome score.

<3 Vegeta's theme.

3. Ryu

I love both the instrumentals and the ...ones with voices? Ya whatever. XD
    And Prison Break. 8) It could be my love for Wentworth Miller that make me love everything about that show, but I think it's good ;D

4. sunshine and gasoline

I love the music in Practice. Simply awesome intro.

5. DyersEve

Rurouni Kenshin has great music if you ask me.

6. Tanthalos

or the absolute greatness that is OVA's (War of the Last Wolves)

7. DyersEve

Well, I dunno about nowadays, but it was on the air before.

The OVA music was sweet, though. :leepose

8. hokageryu

Well Seinfeld has a pretty awsome funky op but that about it lol still awsome lol and an anime that i absolutly loved both of the OST is FLCL