1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

My Hero Academia Chapter 198 Spoilers/Discussion

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Xiammes, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Lol a fate worse then Death...he can just do jobs at night...

2. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    you clearly missed the funniest bet thread ever. But what a coincidence! The anime episode is coming right up tomorrow :caticon
    :bookerskully

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 2:08 AM
  3. Tenma The Inferno

Tayimus is gonna be wearing that avatar till this forum's death :kobeha

4. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Well I almost Got Forced To Rep the English Football Team forever over a bet..thankfully they choked when it counted. They cut it a bit close for my liking though.

5. Tayimus Number One

Kendo :bury

Tokoyami outfit in the last panel and mah boi Hawks teachings:bury

7. Yoshua #1 Kale Fan

I wouldn't say holding him back, I think some of those could be seen as lessons. At least numbers 1, 3, 4, and 5. After all, it's just as Jeanist said. In terms of battle power, it's great, but being a hero is more than just that. It's more than just being the strongest "shooty-shooty kill-kill" man. If he wants to be the best, he'll need more than just power.

If anything, he's sort of the opposite of Deku, if you think about it. Deku needs to learn to physically get stronger, but typically he's on top of things hero wise. Bakugou is easily the most skilled out of all his classmates, but he needs to learn to be a better hero, not just a better fighter.

I think this arc is the perfect place for him to showcase some of this by working together with his team in order to take down the enemy.

-----------------

Also, as an aside, some of y'all are still sleeping on class 1B? If it weren't for Shinso giving 1A a huge advantage, then Shishida and Ibara would've literally soloed them all in one go. :skully

Mark my words, Blade guy and Palm Strike guy are gonna be BEASTS.

:ufdup

8. Tenma The Inferno

they probably have a few people on the Iida/Kirishima/Tokoyami tier like Shishida and Ibara, probably at least one from each of the teams. So they might be stronger around the middle than 1A is.

But the big 3 are basically on a different level, they are already stronger than most pros (at least Deku is, though the other 2 can be scaled to him). Hori unfortunately hasn't established a single true standout/rival from 1B in the same vein as the 3rd year Big 3 or Inasa.

9. overlordpringerx Well-Known Member

10. WorldsStrongest Man of Miracles

Canada
    TOKOYAMI FUCKING HYPE!

Show us the teachings of Hawks ma boi!

"Black fallen angel"

11. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Honestly, the only way Bakugo is going to become a consistent winner is to quit with the 'all me' attitude and begin to work willingly with others. He grudgingly did so with Deku to beat All Might, but he needs to learn that lesson and realize that it isn't always a one man show.

12. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

Close range covered with black ankh and going off the last panel just generally bulking up.
    Manipulation of his quirk against him will seemingly be overcome with black fallen angel.

All he needs is a counter/special move for extreme brightness and he'd have no weaknesses or even be the perfect fighter. This is all without it being night time. How people think this man don't deserve to be up there with deku, bakugo and shouto is kinda infuriating. Even more so when they think people like fucking tenya is stronger than him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Tokoyami looks great! Really curious to see his 'fallen angel' counter to class B's shadow jumper. I'd love it if there's a flash back to his training with Hawks, but I'm not sure if that will be in the works.

14. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

This whole arc looks great. I mean what's not to love? The thing that got everyone into MHA was the clever use of abilities and intricacies of power schemes among the characters. Kinda sad i see quite a few saying this arc is boring, "not needed", or how they wanna see the villains again....after just seeing dabi wreck havoc with one of the strongest nomu's to date. Readers saw endeavor vs high end and forgot what MHA is really about but this current arc/exam is grounding them back into reality. I hope we get like 10-15 more chapters of this.

As for tokoyami and hawks flashback the only reason i'd wanna see that is just to see how hawks is as a master. I can't image it being anything traditional given his personality.

15. Indra I can't stop eating

Good chapter, finished it in like 30 seconds.

Momo is bae

16. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

No, he did make commands, and tactical decision.

17. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

They aren't on a different level than Tokoyami really. Bakugou and Todoroki just hard counter him.

Current Deku and Current Tokoyami could fight during the day and I could see it going either way.

18. Kor Well-Known Member

Kendo was able to make strong gusts of wind against Mustard to disperse his gas with her quirk.

19. Tenma The Inferno

5-8% sure, but 20% Deku was faster and stronger than Monsterhaul even in the Hideout Rescue arc, and he's since become more unpredictable and precise as shown against amped Gentle (who beat 5 pros easily). I wouldn't even be surprised if he could take Nemoto-haul now.

Unless Toko's new move is really broken, I can't see him taking on 20% Deku in the day.

20. Kor Well-Known Member

She has been serving looks every chapter she’s been in lately.

Just look at the matchup poster from the start of the arc and the 1A side hadn’t her flipping her hair in a pose, and now this with her gracefully accepting that challenge.

How does Horikoshi do it!?

21. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

I’m not sure if Deku used 20% against Gentle. 20% is supposed to make Deku’s muscles and bones ache (indicating he’s stiffer and can’t move as well). It seemed like there was a trade off for going above 8% (Deku’s comfortable limit where he doesn’t feel any strain). So I think it’s more likely Deku used 8% against Gentle unless there’s a statement indicating otherwise (heck iirc Deku said Gentle wasn’t as strong as the other villains he’s already fought likely referring to Stain, Muscular, and Overhaul but he provided a different kind of challenge due to his strong will).

And it wouldn’t be unimpressive for Day-time Tokoyami to be on 8% Deku’s level since that’s what he used to have a close match with Bakugou not too long ago, and as I said is more likely what he used against Gentle.

Sure, though we don’t know how Bakugou or Gentle would compare to 20% Deku either so that’s not a huge deal.

22. Wosu That's lovely...

Wait... Isn't Deku comfortably at 12% or I'm I making stuff up? And he can be at like 20%, but he would get some mild body aches or sumthing?

23. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

Maybe I should make a Tokoyami vs Gentle thread after Tokoyami’s new ability gets revealed. That could be interesting :hmm

24. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

Can you tell me the chapter and page where that’s stated or post a scan of the page where that’s stated?

You might be right but I don’t recall that.

25. Wosu That's lovely...

Nah, nvm... You were right. I was wrong, m8

26. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

27. Tenma The Inferno

I don't think he ever said it made him stiffer, he missed OH 'cause he was too predictable. I have a hard time believing Deku could down a dude who low-diffed 5 pros with just 5-8%, 5% was never that impressive and 8% shouldn't be such a huge leap. Though its likely Deku didn't use 20% the whole time and only in bursts like All Might advised him to. If Bakugou was better than 8% Deku then, he's surely considerably stronger now since that was several months ago real time iirc

Tokoyami has a strong quirk that allowed him to score several decisive victories in the sports festival, and it has good offense and excellent defense properties, but in the end it can't pull out the big guns the way the trio can in terms of awesome destructive power when push comes to shove especially against villains of monstrous speed/strength. Todoroki's quirk for example is excellent for both offense and defense but then he can pull out the occasional huge fire/ice attack blows up the sports festival arena....now that he can likely use it repeatedly with cooling/heating balance its probably beyond the scope of any 1st year not Baku/Deku.

I mean students like Shiozaki and Shishida have really strong quirks and showings also, but in the end the raw power the trio can output is just too much, especially Deku when he really want to.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 3:10 PM
  28. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

Eh, I don’t think it should be assumed Deku used 20% unless it’s stated. And we don’t know how strong those pros were so it’s not unbelievable for 8% Deku to be stronger than Gentle.

Eh, we need to see Bakugou’s growth since then to really be able to measure it.

He was stuck dealing with the supplementary course after failing the provisional license exam for a while so that may have hindered him from learning new moves and stuff like that.

I get what you’re saying but I’d say being able to contend with 8% Deku during the day still qualifies as a decent powerhouse.

And that’s ignoring Night-Time Dark Shadow and how powerful Tokoyami will potentially get when he manages to gain control over it.

Overall I’d say Tokoyami’s on another level than the other classmates (Iida, Kirishima, etc...) so he’s closer to the big 3 than anyone else in the class.

Deku’s reliable power output is more important than the output he has to hurt himself to use.

29. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

Besides the finger flicks, Deku was mostly likely still using some range of 8%, 20% full cowl is dangerous for his entire body beyond some one shot attacks.

30. That Background Character Well-Known Member

Deku was using 8% full cowl with 15-20% finger flicks, All Might said the air blast only work at 15% and above.