1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want YOU the community to help contribute to the new Spiral Rep titles!

Please, check this thread.

Dismiss Notice
  5. My fellow ningen! It's time for another Dragon Ball Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. [​IMG]

We are going to give one month of coloured usernames to a couple of NF users.

Please, check NFs Valentine's Day Event

Dismiss Notice

7. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

My Hero Academia Chapter 208 Spoilers/Discussion

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Xiammes, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Yak banned

He's gonna do what he did in the skirmish with Gentle and La Brava. Not sure how much control he has gained over his new found way of fighting in the short time but not even trying it would be a total waste. I think he's going to surprise Bakugou that he has ranged attacks now, as much as everyone else.

2. Tayimus Number One

I was thinking more of what he showed against Overhaul, than the Finger-Flicks of Doom he showed against Gentle.

3. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

Its been 3 months since the Gentle fight, he should have improved a great deal in this time, I'm expecting at least 10-14% full cowl as safe mode. If Deku isn't upping the numbers, then he is holding himself back.

4. Tayimus Number One

Pfft. Aren't you the one I was debating this point with? What's the difference now?

5. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

Mantis guy is their faster and more agresive member, if someone could jump for the kill its him.

Who knows? Supports certainly can't

The oposite actually.

She was directing the team and reacting just fine, she just made dumb decisions because.

The parts where too fast.

It's very stupid.

It was a while after the start of the test, should already be in effect.

Neat that you have no counterpoint.

Bakugo is learning to protect others but he still objectively sucks as a team member and strategist so he won because he fought a tailor made team with plot backing his own supports.

6. Tayimus Number One

7. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

Either that or he eat candy, activated his quirk, reached and released Bakugo in the time the other team was just watching.

Even tho they pulled a much more complex strategy at the start that would have one shoted the whole team if Bakugo didnt explode the thing.

8. Tayimus Number One

It's at most a tossup cause eating sugar before the match ensures that he'd be useless if the match dragged on too long. Whereas eating sugar when needed prolongs his usefulness. I pose that he has his teammates to cover for him, as well as the Bakugou drawing attention to himself. Seems safe and logical enough for Sato to wait to eat.

That's not even counting that the match didn't even last long, and we haven't seen Sato become lethargic until after a prolonged period of time.

That's why I laughed when I saw the questions about Sato.

9. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

Even if he did eat right before saving Bakugo.

Why did the other more organized and faster team did nothing, either just neutralizing Bakugo or the rest of their team?

Why is lizard girl's quirk and insight that bad compared to all the other recomended students?

It was simply a match against a tailor made team to prove a point about Bakugo's development.

Same as Deku is booked against Shinso now that he needs to see the previous holders again.

10. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

3 month timeskip, Deku's only had the power for about 8 months, so this is nearly half the time he has had it.

11. Tayimus Number One

Anyway, they paid too much attention to Bakugou and underestimated the others. Simple as that.

I'm with you on the quirk, but I can't really blame her for thinking that Bakugou wouldn't grow. She's not seen Bakugou's growth as a character as the readers have.

Meh. If it makes you feel better, it's not the first time something like this, something contrived, has happened. It's Horikoshi's writing style. I've made my peace with it.

That's hypocritical. My point to you back then was that Deku shouldn't have been surprised that his limit was no longer 5%, that he should have been increasing the percentage gradually. The passage of time makes no difference to that fundamental truth.

12. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

Blitzin and trapping the whole A team less Bakugo at the start and having 3 characters that are faster by feats.

Not just that, she completely disregards the rest of the A team after a point then dodges the stun grenades while loosing track of Bakugo.

She could have just went up instead, like pony did last match lol

Well yeah thats what happens when you have a non linear power system.

Either you have logical fights or you make convenient fights to further the plot.

13. Tayimus Number One

They took advantage of Sero's defensive move. Not a display of speed as much as tactics.

By what feats? By feats, Sero isn't slow and has very high mobility. That leaves Jirou and Sato. Who on the B team besides Kamakiri has speed feats to safely say they're faster than Jirou/Sato? Tokage has to split herself into multiple parts to attain "speed".

She panicked. :catshrug

Have I talked to you about a web serial novel called The Zombie Knight Saga... :hmm

14. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

They pulled off their strategy without A being able to do anything but watch tho.

Tokage was stunlocking Bakugo, builder guy actually sealed Bakugo, ninja guy blitzed Jiro and reacted to Bakugo just fine.

No but I will check it out if it's good :catsupine

15. Tayimus Number One

Bruh, Kyoka, Jirou, and Sato thought they were safe inside Sero's tape. They weren't moving on purpose, and then glue got poured on the tape. That's not speed, that's tactics.

"Tokage has to split herself into multiple parts to attain 'speed'." :notrust

"Who on the B team besides Kamakiri has speed feats...?" :notrust:notrust

The builder guy sealing Bakugou is not an example of "speed" . The dude can seal by simply touching...

If you like actual logic and consistency in your fights, you will FUCKING LOVE TZKS!

16. luffy no haki 1st seat

I swear when I see this line I cant keep myself from imagining one of those guys who knock at your door trying to convincen you of changing religions:skully

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Tayimus Number One

Yeah, I realized that I sounded like that about...oh, three solicitations ago. Now, I'm just embracing it. Hence the "Keikaku" meme. :datass

In my defense, though, both @~VK~ and @Skaddix have read TZKS and love it.

Yak and OS were some of the first I suggested TZKS to, but those fuckers are just trying to spite me by not reading it. :pek

18. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

Yes but Jiro didnt blast the glue or debris away, both Sato and Sero could also do something about it but didnt.

It all just happened too fast and they couldnt react.

All of that is speed thought
    -Tokage needs to accelerate the parts and beeds reaction time to manipulate them with her mind.
    -The blocks wgere set up in position and transformed fast enough that Bakugo couldnt blast them or dodge.

I will :maybe

19. Tayimus Number One

I see that we have two different definitions of "speed". I should have defined what I mean at the beginning. My apologies for that.

But yeah, read TZKS. :Mshad

20. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    Meanwhile I am too lazy to read Kappa

21. Tayimus Number One

This is why you and I can't be friends. :ufdup

22. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

So what, he still could have been out of position. Don't forget Jiro was monitoring their position all the time, she didn't detect Awase only because he wasn't moving. If Mantis guy would try to return Jiro would have noticed, and warn Bakugou.
    Point is there's not a lot of people who can contain his explosion in general. So there's shouldn't be a surprise, that there no one on their team who could do it.
    Just like all other team leaders before.
    She still have only one pair of eyes, she couldn't control everything, plus her parts are slowing down if they are out of her body for to long.
    But it worked.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  23. Ignition

I always come late but... Bakubro :bury gotta read this thread, hoping for some Todofans on suicide watch.

24. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    fine by me :catstab

25. Visa DekUravity Shipping Trash

Gonna be real honest, I don't expect Deku to pull off a 4-0 victory sweep like Bakugo did, but if he doesn't at least win his match, I'll be extremely disappointed. Like, he is supposed to be the rival to Bakugo in competing to become the best hero. Bakugo has already on more than one occasion proven his worth, so if Midoriya is not able to match that, then Hori is just doing the boi disservice to ham-fist a point about Class 1-A and Class 1-B being equal.

Midoriya has shown on more than one occasion his analytical mindset in battle and his ability to cooperate with others, so I expect a good deal of strategy on his end and be able to lead his team competently.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  26. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Just considering the huge advantage Deku has over his opponents in actual field+combat experience, it would personally piss me off to see him lose. Just the thought of him underachieving here makes me feel like Bakugo to some extent.

Other thought - The one way I thought of on how they'd counter Shinsou's quirk was to use Mineta's balls to cover their ears. How successful that would be at blocking out voices to answer to has not been seen ye . . . But theoretically, it should work in making Shinsou's quirk useless, right? As they wouldn't be able to hear the questions he asks to answer them. That would cut off their ability to communicate with each other verbally too, but considering the synergy between Ochako and Deku, I'd like to think they'd be ok.

27. ~VK~ The King

Now I'm actually kinda starting to look forward to all the inevitable disappointment to come

:dotell

28. Visa DekUravity Shipping Trash

:dotell

29. ~VK~ The King

For the record i'm not really invested in deku losing or winning other than some schadenfreude if he does lose lol. I don't really particularly care that much.

But the way things are set up there really isn't any other credible option than an L here. Sorry bros.

30. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    I just want to see Monoma win, and giving Shinso another W would be fine too. Or just make the match a draw.