1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want YOU the community to help contribute to the new Spiral Rep titles!

Please, check this thread.

Dismiss Notice
  5. My fellow ningen! It's time for another Dragon Ball Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. [​IMG]

We are going to give one month of coloured usernames to a couple of NF users.

Please, check NFs Valentine's Day Event

Dismiss Notice

7. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

My Hero Academia Chapter 209 Spoilers/Discussion

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Xiammes, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Kaminari will only ever be interesting if he goes full traitor and is faking being stupid when he uses his powers.

Anyway lets end this shitshow and get to the Prison Break.

2. Kellogem Well-Known Member

prison break this soon would be a bad idea, Shigaraki hardly get to grow or do shit on his own the time AfO was in prison.. I thought the point was to develop him into an independent mastermind, he trolled a defeated Overhaul and lost 2 members.

3. 1Person Well-Known Member

I wonder if monoma could handle AFO by stacking quirks, like enlarging his arm with the size quirk and stacking it twin impact.

it would also allow deku to lose without coming off as inferior.

Ideally for me, deku saves his teammates captures most of monoma's team and while he's exhausted, monoma KOs him with a Detroit smash.

4. Jujubatman12 Well-Known Member

I'm just saying, they can have villians on prime grand tarino level for all way know. You made it seem like they were going to round up the villians like noting.

5. MrCinos Well-Known Member

Remember, Ochako is supposed to be CQC girl now after all that martial arts training so maybe she'll surprise us.

EDIT: But really, I hope she'll do some damage by herself. I was excited for her going to Gunhead's place and still want to see the results, besides those quick scenes with Toga and Thirteen.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  6. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

Well, every character has had the chance to do something, save for Aoyama, Hagakure, and Koda, but those guys are kind of the leaders of the "irrelevant" pack. Mineta always is useful, Ochako is one of the star girls, and Mina has been in need of actual battle time, so this should be fun.

I dunno, I've got good vibes about this match, I'm happy regardless of whoever wins, both sides deserve it.

7. The Strawberry Carrot Top Limit Breaker Omen

Maybe it will be deku & ochaco vs everyone else and together they both get the w for their team. I wouldn't mind seeing deku fighting multiple people by himself though. Even if he goes down. So long as the team deku's on wins and deku puts on a clinic while contributing I'll be okay with it.

8. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

with Bakugo looking towards All Might to see what he thought of him, then rubbing the back of his neck like that flustered and not knowing how to take the compliment. I'm sure it made him happy !

Also the reflexive snapping at Deku is hilarious

and i'm liking the way their continued rivalry is handled

with Bakugo still being himself, while allowing for Deku to become more confident :del

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Milliardo G.L.P.

My girl Reiko all the way next match!:pimp

10. Skaddix Well-Known Member

The only girl who has been shown to be effective in this damn manga is a crazed killer.

11. Tayimus Number One

@Xiammes, do you still believe in that theory on Bakugou's character development? It's looking mighty unlikely. :kobeha

12. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

Yeah, it doesn't have to be core turning point, but can serve as the exclamation point to it. A huge villain battle is what Bakugo wants and I don't think just wanting to surpass Deku and All Might is going to be enough to push him to do so. Losing what he is supposed to protect and being praised for it is exactly what he needs. Learning the value of your teammates is one thing, but learning the true values of being a hero is another.

13. Jujubatman12 Well-Known Member

14. Jujubatman12 Well-Known Member

15. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

Bakugo is going to fight a villain, going to be a incredible tough fight, incredible dangerous fight as well. I don't think it will be Gigantomachia, but think of something like that. Bakugo will pull through and get his victory, but the damage itself will be massive, lots of civilian lives lost. He will be praised by the media, by the civilians, by the other students, teachers and heroes for saving the day, but it will be empty victory at best, people died and that will eat at him.

That is my theory, and I'd consider it to be his true birth as being a hero.

16. luffy no haki 1st seat

Just wait for BakuGOAT to dispatch Gigantomachia:bury

17. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

Gigantomachia smashes him with his dangalang when he turns left. :lmao

18. luffy no haki 1st seat

Just want him to have someone to beat cuz unless AFO gets freed and Deku focuses solely on him allowing Baku to pick a bone with Shigaraki for all the kidnapping and All Might stuff, he has no one relevant to beat. Even Todoroki has fucking Dabi to pick a bone with at some point and Uraraka(+more girls most likely) might end up taking on Toga.

19. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

is Bakugo's best looking hero costume thus far ? Kind of want him to get some more slim/durable/high tech gloves to go better with it now.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Tayimus Number One

You can read the small discussion I had with him about it.

21. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

There's still Spinner, Compress, Twice, and the possible new recruits that are gonna be brought in. Unless Bakugou's got a Prominence Burn sitting in his ass that he's waiting to whip out, he might just wanna stick with the lower tiers.

EDIT: Watch as Spinner has a T-rex quirk and we get le epic kaiju battle. :dotell

22. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

Spinner already got his sights on tenya. He even singled him out in the forest raid arc as someone he especially has a bone to pick with because of his encounter with stain.

Bakugo can easily get a villain rival at anytime if hori wants. Kirishima didn't have one for the longest time and bam...rappa became his story rival outta nowhere.

23. Kellogem Well-Known Member

Spinner, Compress, Twice are such chumps..

the guy with a noobish attitude who couldnt hold his own against a girl with claws and no battle quirk and fucked up both his and his teammates battle, an old guy who is self admittedly no good at direct combat, if he cant land a surprise hit just runs or getting shot down, and a guy who doesnt use his quirk on himself and no good unless he had a pre-prepped clone of a stronger teammate

I really hope Hori instead of trying to sell these as now a threat in combat, would just settle for them being the useful members outside of combat. and bring in other fighting capable villains..

24. Tayimus Number One

And yet, Twice was able to dodge around Class 1A like nothing, and even break Todoroki's ice effortlessly...

25. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

He didn't use his quirk so it doesn't matter. Please don't tell me you believe he does not have one. Tomura allowing a quirkless guy in his group is just silly.

As for twice and compress they both know they can't fight head on city wrecking battles. Hori wouldn't put bakugo up against those two for a big battle. It's not mandatory bakugo gets a personal opponent but i wouldn't rule it out at any point in time. This chapter we just got told the league of villains aren't the only threat to society, the longest arc was about villains that aren't the league of villains and the most hellish prison in the verse has over 1000 inmates and i'm pretty sure all of them aren't league of villain affiliates. Plenty for bakugo to fight and choose from should hori want it.

26. Tayimus Number One

The Villain Alliance needs more females. It can't be ONE female villain for all of Class 1A girls.

Reminds me of Bellatrix Lestrange vs. Hermione, Luna, and Ginny. I actually laughed when I read that part. Shit, man, at least Black Clover has Fana (before she overcame her possession) and Sally (before she was betrayed). Not to mention, the other female elves...

Plus what other followers of AFO might already be imprisoned in Tartarus. The government practically gave them back their leader, with a nice bow.

27. luffy no haki 1st seat

Didn´t that pussy cat girl hint at him not having a quirk?

We are talking about the same guy who throws tantrums and has failed 90% of the things he´s done

28. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

But not using it doesn't mean he don't have it. If could mean his quirk is extremely situational and he got defeated before he could activate it.

Hori most likely just doesn't want to truly utilize him or his quirk yet so he's waiting. He has done this with over half of class 1-b and other pros/villains.
    Tomura has never shown interest in letting quirkless villains in his group. Even the fodders he cobbled up at USJ had quirks. Dabi himself kill those he consider trash on the spot and made sure his vanguard action squad was a elite squad that could get stuff done. Why would he let a quirkless joke into the group?

29. luffy no haki 1st seat

Well it´s up in the air, but I really doubt it. Cuz having a situational quirk and still be one of the head on attackers of the group is like asking him to go there and get beaten up and captured without ever using his quirk assuming he has one which is not too different from not having any.

Cuz of stain, Dabi joined due to Stain and so did spinner. Plus Spinner is not particularly weak even if he were quirkless there is no reason to do anything to him as long as he doesn´t go against him. The guys he killed were fodder ones who were really not worth a damn.

30. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

Thus far, there were established two potential arcs, Todoroki's family arc and prison break arc. We'll see which one is next.