1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Voting is live in the KCC Short Story Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice

My Hero Academia Chapter 210 Spoilers/Discussion

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Xiammes, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Haruka Katana

Flag:
    Japan
    Catdank Faction:

i loled. :fatcat

Dammit :catprone

2. SoulFire! Moderator

Wonder if Deku will receive aid from the previous OFA bearers to get him through this predicament--after all Little Brother told him not to worry because he was not alone.

3. Tayimus

Pfft. Projection. If you can point out even one instance where I misread something and didn't cop to it, I'll rep you every chance I get. Doesn't even have to be with you. ANY time I did that, with anyone. And this goes for the past, present, and future. ANY time. Make me a believer.
    :Mshad

One. My point is not an "opinion".

Two, absolutely nowhere do I mention "actions" that Deku took. Just that he was mad. Did I say he lost control? No.

This is exactly what I mean my people reading shit in my posts that's not there. I comment on Deku getting mad, and I get "You're defending Monoma?!" or "Deku didn't lose control" Both of which are completely beside my point. And I'm left like--

Like, why is no one plainly asking, "what makes you think that?" Nope, I have to first get through shit I didn't say.

Y'all are a riot.

It'll be very breezy.

:kobe

AHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH! So, hold on. Lemme get this straight. I freely acknowledge that Deku believes he and Baku are friends. Then I proceed to point out that BAKUGOU clearly doesn't think the same, and never has. And your response to that is THIS?! Apparently, both parties being in agreement is not necessary for a relationship? This shit is news to me. Am I the only one seeing this warped ass logic? :kobeha

Absolutely nowhere did I say that Deku "fell for the trick". My comment would have been different. I said nothing of physical actions that Deku took.

Fucking read properly.

I don't care. It's not a point I argue anymore.

4. BreadBoy

But Tayimus, all we gotta do is point to every post you've ever made on this sight when arguing with people to prove that point.

:kobe

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Tayimus

That should make things even easier! So it shouldn't take long, right?! Come at me!
    :kanyelul

6. SoulFire! Moderator

:ryuukobored
    What you said was that Deku let Monoma 'rile him up' and 'get his emotions up' when that was not the case at all. Riled up suggests visible agitation and aggravation. Deku remained calm and collected throughout Monoma's baiting and his only visible reaction was to the black lightening tearing up his arm when he activated OFA. This was what drew the opposing comments. Deku certainly didn't like what Monoma was saying, but he was well aware of what Monoma was trying to do and kept his emotions at bay.

:mahoucat

7. Tayimus

Here's Deku concentrating, albeit a little confused by where Monoma is going with his monologue.

Here's Deku visibly angered by Monoma's words. Deku's eyes are opaque and the eyebrows are way more stressed, a clear indication that he's been riled up, negatively affected, or whatever. Point is, the "Madman" look has been brought out. And I had actually forgotten that Deku went to attack immediately following Monoma's punch in the feels. Go figure.

Now, "rile". The Oxford Dictionary defines this word as--

" ."

:catmic

I'm interested in what fairytale you'll craft to explain this. :dotell

8. SoulFire! Moderator

Yeah, that's what you thought.
    Deku reacted with OFA when Monoma tossed those metal objects (likely meant for his teammates to manipulate as seen earlier). Deku had his game face on throughout the confrontation but he got straight out serious when he sensed an incoming attack and countered with OFA.

As far as definitions go, there are several according to various sources. The Free Dictionary defines it as "to be angry or agitated". Myself, I have always associated the term with a far stronger, agitated reaction than Deku displayed by lowering his eyebrows.

9. iJutsu

inb4 younger brother was evil all along. AfO was the good guy, but just pretended to be the evil one because he cared about his brother's image.

10. Xiammes Supporting Staff

Lets be real here, that flash back didn't do the younger brother any favors. AFO was doing shady shit, but he was bringing his own order to a country that was literally in the middle of a doomsday apocalyptic scenario. The younger brother came off as a naive child.

11. Admiral Hakuryō

It's honestly amazing how manga can rile up people so much on this forum. Top quality entertainment.

12. BreadBoy

You know, heroes ARE just extensions of the government, and people are labelled evil for doing minor crimes....

Government Corruption arc wen? :zaru

13. Xiammes Supporting Staff

I had a huge theory about how shit got the way it is. So assuming total government collapse, worst case x-man scenario. You would have several factions rising to power.

- Old Government
    - New Criminal gangs rising to power
    - anti-mutant factions
    - pro-mutant factions
    - anti-quirkless factions
    - Warlords coming back to power
    - Vigilantes

AFO would be a Warlord in this case, he chose to hide in the shadows and rule as underground king. As the old governments started to regain control over the populace, AFO would have stuck his hands in that faction, as well as any prominent gangs that rose up. Anti and pro factions would have been dissolved or just moved straight into criminal gang territory. Government decides to pardon the vigilantes for being pretty much the only faction looking out for the common good, they create a actual hero in honor of the vigilantism also to make a shit load of capitalism.

AFO brought order and control, he would have regulated the systems. Everything was to his benefit, so ultimately he wasn't the long term solution, crime never dropped till All Might dismantled his empire. During the chaotic time, AFO was someone who could quell the violence in the streets, he just lived way passed his actual usefulness.

14. Indra

Happens in any media format.

A revolving theme in the previous matches too.

If you're not gonna man up now, then what are you gonna do in the face of a real threat?

Can't handle no trash talk, bruh :wow

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. BreadBoy

You already fell into my trap, as you misread my post that you quoted there!

I said "sight", not "site".

I'll take my reps now pretty please. :franky

16. Utopia Realm

Don't know AFO's side of the story atm. Agree with ya.

17. Tayimus

For one, Deku was the one attacking Monoma, not Monoma. Monoma would be countering Deku. Next, Deku's countenance goes from determined concentration to "Motherfucker, I'm gonna kill you!" No idea why his expression changed so drastically if not for his emotions being affected. He already had his "game face" on since he was the one homing in on Monoma for attack.

I'm not gonna lie, though. That was a damn good try there. You made me read that passage again to see if you were correct. :yousmart

So...basically, you were using the word incorrectly. Gotcha. :Mshad

I noticed your mistake, but it doesn't change the intent of you post. Unless you meant something else entirely? In that case, do tell.

...I would rep you? I only offered Soulfire that. If you had found an instance, I would have repped her, not you. :tomha

18. Yak

Fuck, me breath gon' :lmao :lmao :lmao

19. Tayimus

If he had actually died, and his identity was known, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd be looked at as an important historical figure. The man who quelled the chaos during the country's collapse. And yes, the little shit he was doing would be overshadowed by his greater impact.

20. SoulFire! Moderator

Even dictators and their like can have a controlling influence that puts the lid on chaos (irl example: Saddam Hussein).
    Was Monoma not flinging nuts, bolts and other metallic flotsam into the air just prior to Deku's move to use his finger flick? Yes, Deku was approaching him, but it was not until Monoma raised up his hands and released those items that Deku countered with OFA. They were in the middle of a training face off, after all. You see Deku primarily reacting to what Monoma says while I see him primarily reacting to what Monoma does as he speaks (which I think would also be just as likely cause the change in Deku's expression--which I see as 'oh, no you don't!' rather than 'I'm gonna kill you!').

Basically, I use the word according to one of the other examples within the definition.

21. BlueDemon

So, if AfO actually has a line to Deku's subconcious, why didn't the vestiges tell him? Or his predecessors? By now it's clear that it has something to do with him, but there must be more to it than just that.

A pity the match will get interrupted. Hopefully nobody will be hurt too badly.

And are we seriously discussing if Deku was upset by what Monoma said? It's pretty obvious and it's totally IC, too.

22. SoulFire! Moderator

I'm still wondering why two of the vestiges are in the dark. :chinoSo much left to be discovered about the OFA/AFO connection!
    Certainly Deku didn't like what was being said but I just don't think that it was what triggered him into action. He was aware of what Monoma was doing and keeping himself in check.

23. Utopia Realm

I'm of the opinion that AFO gave one of the predecessors more than 1 quirk. To strengthen the younger brother further or one of his successors did some transfers to try and power it up to face him. We only know AFO gave the younger brother at least stockpile quirk.

24. Tayimus

Was he? I thought that was "Yanagi", as Deku had thought. I didn't see Monoma throw anything.

But for argument's sake, I'll assume you're right. Why would Deku's facial expression change so dramatically if Monoma had only been doing the same thing as before?

But why would Deku suddenly react to what Monoma was doing, if Monoma was only doing the same thing as before? Why didn't Deku immediately have that angry expression upon first seeing Monoma, or when Monoma supposedly first attacked (I still don't see a panel showing that)? Why is it suspiciously right when Monoma gets to the punchline of his monologue?

I mean, I can actually understand your line of thinking (for once), but I'm left with more questions than answers.

From the Free Dictionary. :scust

Man, at least hit me with the Mirriam Webster! :hestonpls

25. SoulFire! Moderator

Earlier a metal drum flew out of nowhere, which Deku attributed to Yanagi (and maybe that was so since Monoma apparently thought she was close by when he released those metallic items). Then Monoma made himself known (when we see first Monoma he is playing with his watch--I think that's what it is--but later he drops his hands to his sides to retrieve the objects from his pocket that he plans to toss), He began his trash talk, and as Deku turned to approach him, raised his pressed together hands and flung them open to release the flotsam. At least that's how it appears to me.

As said before, Deku attributed the appearance of the drum to Yanagi. His attention is then drawn to the scream he fears could be Uraraka (which we later learn was Shinso). The moment Monoma makes himself known Deku's brows then lower, and the Madman expression appears as he reacts to Monoma tossing something into the air.

At least now you can see my pov regarding this scene. It was pretty cut and dried from my perspective.

Hey, I'm an old broad and I have always used that definition of riled up--visibly agitated to the point that control is tenuous and it is noticeable to everyone around--like a tantrum or a road rage behavior. Deku's reaction in this instance was a subtle and determined lowering of his brows: He's gotten dangerously serious, but is in full control of his actions and emotions.

26. Tayimus

Ok. The difference in the interpretations is based primarily on the assumption that either Monoma or Yanagi threw that drum. Since it's uncertain either way, I'll agree that your interpretation is as valid as mine.

But that face is definitely an "I'll fucking kill you and your entire bloodline!" face. :pek

If someone looked at me like how Deku looked, I'd be concerned he wouldn't just stop at killing me. :bookerskully

27. 1Person

I'm gonna be really pissed if the cancel the match cuz deku's arm is freaking out. I want monoma to get the one he deserves

28. Typhon

Monoma is MVP off that shade alone. And if he deals with out of control Deku? Bruh

29. Yox

Monoma gonna knock that boring ass of deku's out. :catshades

30. Captain Boldman

Also, what if Izuku loses his arm because of this? We already know the author takes a lot of inspiration from Star Wars. So many people lose their arms in Star Wars. I never thought this theory would actually happen but it's becoming a big possibility.