1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want YOU the community to help contribute to the new Spiral Rep titles!

Please, check this thread.

Dismiss Notice
  5. My fellow ningen! It's time for another Dragon Ball Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. [​IMG]

We are going to give one month of coloured usernames to a couple of NF users.

Please, check NFs Valentine's Day Event

Dismiss Notice

7. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

My Hero Academia Chapter 210 Spoilers/Discussion

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Xiammes, Dec 12, 2018.

1. BlueDemon On A Mission From God

2. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    It won't get canceled until we actually see shinsou doing something cause he's yet to do something lol. This arc is supposed to be him proving himself with the afo/OFA stuff thrown in.

3. Yak banned

Agreed, I don't think it will be cancelled; at least not right away. It will probably have Deku struggling with control over his quirk for a bit which means he's not going to support his team and they'll have to step up.

Which would actually be a good opportunity to get them some showings.

Before the fight ultimately DOES get broken up because Deku fails and they need to abort mission :edu

4. Tayimus Number One

Oooh, I'm actually excited for this outcome. It'll definitely assuage the criticisms I've had against Ochako.

5. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

I'm still wondering if that statement from Deku's dream (don't worry: You're not alone) will come into play.

6. BlueDemon On A Mission From God

It would have to though. And it would make sense, if the vestiges know there's an open channel to AfO. That would also answer my question why they didn't tell him anything about it (because nobody ever tells you anything directly :lmao)

7. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

So possibly there will be a battle going on within Deku's connection with OFA for control--and perhaps he will experience some of the abilities of the past vestiges during this struggle (which looks to me like AFO attempting to overwhelm him). Really looking forward to next chapter!

8. Tayimus Number One

To be fair, the previous OFAs couldn't even communicate with All Might/Deku.

9. Yak banned

All Might is All Might; it's already been established that his connection with OFA wasn't the deepest considering how many surprises he experienced with it this late in the game after giving it to Deku.

Deku? Now he might just be on the brink of unlocking it all. Maybe not all at once but he's at least jammed a foot into the door leading to all those secrets.

10. Utopia Realm A Happy Ending!

I wouldn't be surprised if the stockpile power AFO gave to his brother could stockpile quirks as well as power. Some of AFO's quirks could have been stockpiled and passed over. Since the same quirk can function different between 2 different ppl, it makes sense.

11. Tayimus Number One

Yeah, I theoried long ago that All Might only mastered one facet of One For All. Even Nana got more than All Might did, apparently (which debunks another of my theories).

12. Yak banned

I think so as well. It's almost as if he's been using it wrong the entire time but managed to pour everything he had into one aspect of OFA, made it work for him and got incredibly good. But never fully understood the potential behind the quirk.

Which is also why I don't think buff Deku will ever be a thing. Because the true nature of OFA is something else entirely.

13. 1Person Well-Known Member

Yeah muscle form might be exclusive to people who've mastered the power side of OFA. It didn't seem like nana could hulk out like toshi does.

14. Tayimus Number One

Imagine if the so-called "Transfer" Quirk of All For One's brother is the real "One For All," and it's been accumulating quirks from the line of wielders for decades. But no one knew until after they died and joined the vestiges. And now that OFA has passed the singularity point, the vestiges can now teach Deku directly.

15. Yak banned

That'd be fucking dope.

That's some real The Matrix shit.

Deku's gonna download zetabytes of combat and quirk experience.

16. OS The Entity

17. Milliardo G.L.P.

18. BlueDemon On A Mission From God

Nah, Deku is underdog enough as is. At least in school. Jobbing to an asshat is the least what should happen.

Wait a moment. I just thought that Nana communicated with them from this chapter, but she was talking about a dark figure, and we think it might have been AfO, right? So she didn't talk to the vestiges either?

I'm all for it!

Would be awesome for Deku to get like a handful of new quirks. Would be quite hard to explain to everyone else, but hey...

19. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

I'm not sure i like the idea of Deku being able to use the past quirks that his predecessors had. Would allow for too much asspullery.

What could be cool is if the dna from all the past quirks affects him and culminates in a Noumu form. Since Noumus are genetically created by giving a person multiple quirks, using AFOs power. Something like him having a noumu-esque transformation that gives him a berserker style of fighting eould be kinda cool. Uses it when his speedy technical way of fighting fails.

20. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

I doubt it happens but it would be interesting to see what Horikoshi can do with that trope.

21. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

Same, but transformation is an age old trope in shonen and superhero comics. Spiderman, hulk, ichigo, goku, luffy, naruto... I feel like it could work.

22. Tayimus Number One

How would it be an asspull when it's literally based on the description of One For All, and what we know of quirks in general. It's a theory that's existed since the single digit chapters.

What? This makes no sense when compared with your first paragraph. You don't like the idea of Deku having multiple quirks, but you want him to have a berserk, Noumu-like state...when Noumus have multiple quirks?

Can you explain it more, because I'm sure I'm misunderstanding things.

23. Kor Well-Known Member

It’s just what All Might naturally looked like pre-injury.

His skeleton form is just an artistic decision by Kohei.

24. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

Maybe asspull is the wrong word. Cop out is probably more apt. Deku just gets cornered when suddenly... Bam. One of the previous vestiges powers appear for no reason.

As for the transformation part... We've seen that multi quirk people either become vegetables, or noumus. The body either doesn't adapt, or it transforms to better hold that power. Perhaps he has some special attributes from previous OFA holders, but it mainly is a physical transformation.

This is admittedly all just hopeful wishing from me using a light basis of reality due to me having a bias for badass monster transformations, I'll admit. It's more that i just think it'd be cooler than just giving him extra powers.

25. Ignition

If this becomes one of the countless "What if Deku had a quirk?" fanfics... :wow

26. Baks Well-Known Member

I personally hope that Deku gets no new quirks, anything like that would be bs and contrived tbh. I am just content with him getting more control over OFA tbh.

I guess that next chapter could be more flashbacks with the former users of OFA. Who knows Deku may even get control up to 33% as his next major milestone stone over OFA.

I have a feeling that the more series progresses, the more Deku is gonna get more control over OFA. Like I said 33% could be the next major milestone, then perhaps working his way up to 50%, then probably 67%, then after that most likely 75% before nailing 100% mastery over OFA.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  27. Pliskin Well-Known Member

In fact, why didn't anyone ask what tge transfer quirk did to the other inheritors own quirks?. Once you think about it, it is a natural question that was only avoided because Deku and All Might are squibs.

28. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Lord no! I've never cared for those kind of transformations! The Incredible Hulk bored the crap out of me! The last thing I want to see is Deku turning into a hulking beast!
    Well, if some sort of connection the various abilities of the vestiges forms perhaps the differing ways in which OFA affected/enhanced their individual quirks would simply become a part of Deku's natural OFA arsenal which he could call up--similar to Naruto and the powers of the individual Bijuu.

I'd be fine with this as well. But I do wonder what this new connection with the vestiges will bring.

That is indeed a good question--and maybe now we might find out through Deku's experience with them.

29. Tayimus Number One

So you really just object to convenient introductions to new quirks, not necessarily to Deku having the quirks in general.

Again, noumus have multiple quirks. Deku would not have this noumu-like body unless he too has multiple quirks.

So yeah, you're alright with Deku having multiple quirks, just wary on how it's handled.

At least you admit it. :beer

More like, "What if OFA logically passes on the wielders own quirk?" Which I don't think there's any fanfics of. :edu

How? :huh

Not really because they're squibs. It's because their intelligence is held back unless it's necessary for the plot. We can't have Deku wondering about OFA because that would introduce plot elements way ahead of time.

That's the out-of-universe reason, but I did come up with a in-universe explanation. Assuming that OFA wielders inherited their predecessors quirks, I once theoried that Nana knew about this but died before she could teach All Might. All Might being trained by Torino, who didn't know, grew up thinking that OFA was just a power boost quirk. This was obviously debunked when it was revealed that All Might had OFA for two or three years before Nana died. So, either Nana knew and was very lazy to teach All Might, or she didn't know herself. :catshrug

30. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

Yeah, I wasn't being specific, I'd be fine with quirks that are more on the mutated side of things, like wings, claws, regeneration, etc. I'd be kind of on the "meh" side if the quirks were along the lines of "he can suddenly use electricity" or "He can teleport".

I'm just being very wary because the last thing I want is for him to just pull whatever powers he wants out of his ass instead of having a solid utility that he uses.