1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Voting is live in the KCC Short Story Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice

My Hero Academia Chapter 211 Spoilers/Discussion

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Garcher, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Wosu

2. Admiral Hakuryō

The arguments that this manga causes are actually great. Fantastic what sort of hilarity can be caused without even knowing how the next few chapters will go. It reminds of when people went nuts after the Deku/Eri combo, saying it broke the manga and would be an asspull and a Deus Ex Machina...and then immediately got silenced the next chapter when it actually made sense and was stopped in a sensible way. Let's just calm down and just wait and see what happens in the future...like every other time a big event happened in this manga, yeah? :lmao

• Plus Ultra Plus Ultra x 2
    • List
  3. Tayimus

When did this happen? I, myself, criticized that entire arc, including the backpack loli. Where were you?

And I never understand this naive outlook that we shouldn't express our ideas or opinions about the work. And yes, you are saying that. "Let's calm down," who the hell isn't calm? We're discussing the chapter. Do you not want discussion? Your first sentences would suggest otherwise. Save those for people that want an echo chamber, that want their sunshine and rainbow ideas parroted back at them. No, I want to speak what I think about a work and have others challenge me on it. I come to discuss.

I'm tired of these holier than thou remarks from people proclaiming to maintain some ridiculous notion of peace when they really just want to curtail negative opinions on their liked properties. If you don't like the "mean" sentences about BnHA, just ignore the person. Don't try to frame actual exchange of clashing ideas as arguments so you can come and pretend to be some savior. It's fucking insulting.

4. Kellogem

I think everyone is calm and collected compared to the last weeks of Bakugou / Todoroki / Deku arguments and predictions..

and you see if we never assume or predict anything, there could be no discussion going on cause there is always the possibility of "maybe future chapters will clarify that, just wait and see" there.

and I wouldnt go as far as saying the Eri / Deku combo "made perfect sense"... an ability that can turn people into nothing, but in Dekus case conveniently stops at turning him into his healthy state.. I think those people got silent cause there is a limit how long can you get pissed weeks old stuff, not cause they like it now. in fact a lot of people hate Eris hax power from what I see.

5. Wosu

Could he mean it as like a series as OP, where author doesn't go for immediately gratifying weekly chapters but releases chapters that are more ernjoyable when rereading and binge reading? Though, I agree with you and your its fine to criticize shit.

6. Tayimus

Hmm. It's possible, I guess. For me, it's been hit or miss whether I liked a arc or a specific development more after rereading. Sometimes, I've actually liked the events in BnHA less.

Still, if that's the case, then the problem is the distribution format. Because it's impossible to universally discuss a "weekly" when a specific arc is completed. We discuss as we get the chapters. Imagine Harry Potter being distributed chapter by chapter instead of entire books. We'd be getting the same problem.

Or even better, check out The Zombie Knight, which gets updated in pages. Imagine seeing long ass discussions erupting from just specific pages of content? Hakuryo is being naive at best, and disingenuous at worst to try to curtail discussion.

7. BreadBoy

This is one of my biggest gripes with weekly manga. Because we don't have the whole story and get to spend a week stewing on a single chapter, we make mountains out of molehills, or focus so much on a tiny thing that if we read it all at once, we'd be perfectly fine with.

Just comes down to the format I find. Like, I had issues reading the Overhaul arc, but rereading it was much more enjoyable when it was completed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Plus Ultra Plus Ultra x 1
    • List
  8. Jujubatman12

The black thing was dragging him around, so she restrained him and made him float.

9. Tayimus

The black thing is literally twirling his arm in every single one of the 360 degrees. :drake

10. ~VK~

11. Jujubatman12

Looks like it was dragging him at some point.

12. ~VK~

black clover did this whole thing better :kobe

13. Jujubatman12

That was his opinion lol. I had no problems reading that arc. I thought it was great, but I wasn't reading weekly back then. I read the whole arc full through

14. Jujubatman12

Did what better? It's not even over and MHA>BC

15. SoulFire! Moderator

To each his own. :mlpshrug

16. Tayimus

My point, as I believe was @Kellogem's point, is that his arm is moving on its own. Shinsou shouldn't be able to stop it.

Hmm. I wanted to say this, but we don't know the circumstances yet to really compare the two.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  17. SoulFire! Moderator

To each his own. :mlpshrug

18. SoulFire! Moderator

Those tendrils were definitely moving of their own accord--they were pulling Deku through the air, spinning him around and flung him into the surrounding structure at one point. He had no control whatsoever. I don't know what Shinso could do to stop them--which makes me even more curious as to what Ochako has in mind.

19. Catalyst75

Probably to use his Quirk to get Izuku to calm down, but that probably will not work. Izuku's unique connection to past bearers of One for All is what allowed him to break Shinsou's Quirk in the first place. With it raging out of control like this, trying to mind-control Izuku won't affect the power in any shape or form. The best chance is for Eraserhead to intervene right now, I imagine.

20. ~VK~

21. luffy no haki

This is my question indeed. This shit woke up and made a mess of Deku´s room while he was asleep. Now no matter how hard he is trying it´s just pulling him around as it pleases apparently not even connected to him like a whole separate entity inside his body, so even if by whatever reason they try to brainwash him or knock him out can they really stop OFA rampage?:hmm

22. SoulFire! Moderator

:mystery but I really want to see what happens next!

23. LightningBlader

Can Shinso tell Deku to fall asleep/pass out, deactivating One for All by causing him to go unconscious?

24. SoulFire! Moderator

Hard to say--OFA exploded while he was asleep in his room. It doesn't appear to be connected to his consciousness in this form.

25. Baks

To me, rereading arcs even in volume format doesn't necessarily make an arc better. Like Naruto's war arc which is still bad even reread in bulk format or the Dressrosa arc from One Piece is still terrible even reread as a whole.

Shit arcs are still shit arcs regardless of the format, whether they be reread weekly or by volume.

26. Wosu

To ea its own I guess. Just Rereading and binge reading OP is just so much more enjoyable for me. Talking from a guy who went all the way back to like early grand line. Whiskey peak, Little garden etc. The character interaction is just so enjoyable, but I havent reread Dressrossa or any Post-TS arc yet, so can't say.

27. MrCinos

28. Tayimus

I do love rereading The Zombie Knight. But that's because it's actually better with hindsight, and the reader can appreciate how far in advance the author plans things. I don't always get that same satisfaction with BnHA. Mostly cause I end up questioning things like "Why'd he do this if he was gonna do this later on?"

29. Fiona

That was my first thought as well, but OFA was able to overwhelm Shinso's control during the Sports Festival so there is a good chance that OFA will just ignore him again.

I mean if Deku himself can't bring OFA under control then why would Shinso be any different? :huh

30. OS

Ochako does what heroes should be doing but gets shit for it smh

31. Haruka Katana

Flag:
    Japan
    Catdank Faction:

well a little warning for this shonen, it is mostly gags at first :catsweat

Though its one of the funniest manga I read :fatcat