1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

My Hero Academia Character Popularity Poll: Rock Lock [98]

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Baks, May 6, 2018.

Rock Lock: How do you like him?

Poll closed Jun 6, 2018.
  1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  7. 4

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  8. 3

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  9. 2

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  10. 1

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Baks Well-Known Member

How do you rate Rock Lock on a scale from 1 to 10?

Tags:
  2. Courier Six Patrolling the mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

Flag:
    Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland, Iceland, Barbados, Canada, China, United States, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago
    Catdank Faction:
    Is he the very first Black Japanese hero :hm
    Anyway I didn't really like him that much so a 2/10 should do it

3. Baks Well-Known Member

Arrogant unlikable patronizing bastard who got easily knifed by Toga of all people during Overhaul's arc.

Shitty quirk too, so a 1 for Rock Lock.

4. Courier Six Patrolling the mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

Flag:
    Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland, Iceland, Barbados, Canada, China, United States, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago
    Catdank Faction:
    You should give him at least one point because he was black :LOS

5. HellFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Kind of an unpleasant guy. Interesting to see that even the heroes can be creeps. I never really understood his quirk all that well. 3/10

Btw, @Singulrality, thanks for posting identifying pics! :thumbs

6. THEALMIGHTYGUY Forgive me for being an Elite

-1/10 He was the first Black hero which made me happy but he was an unlikable asshole. Getting knifed by The Goddess Toga was too good for him.

7. Milliardo G.L.P.

His quirk is shit. Not much to the guy but I'm indifferent to him. Yeah 3/10 I guess until shown something better.

8. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

The biggest problem with this character is not that he had a terrible personality, it's because he was so ugly. :ippy
    Will, there ever be another Hot Based Black Japanese fictional character like Kiawe from Pokemon ?

anyway, there was a really funny picture on the internet with the panel of Toga stabbing RockLock, and Toga was wearing a MAGA hat, RockLock had typical BLM/SJW stuff on him. Wish I could find it.

9. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Not sure how he was a creep...an asshole and a douche sure but a creep I am not seeing it not like he was perving out on kids.

First Black Character set a low bar....his wife is hot though.

But yeah if you are going to have a character be that antagonist to the leads then they really need to be a badass to be likeable.

Granted considering how the author loves dropping random American states and cities...I figure we get a better Black Character when this series goes to an International Arc.

3/10.

10. HellFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

There are various interpretations of creep. Here is one definition: Slang An annoyingly unpleasant, unsettling, or repulsive person. It doesn't necessarily have to do with being 'creepy' as in stalking, etc.--at least that's not how I use the term. :edu

RockLock may have a rather unpleasant personality, but I do think that Hori has shown a good side of him in his love for his family. He's apparently got a chip on his shoulder, but he has a good heart underneath it all.

11. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Seeing him with his family and being harsh on Midoriya and the kids because of how he felt about the Eri situation made me like him a little.

He’s kind of a Han Solo character, acts like an asshole but has a good heart underneath it all.

Everyone expects all the heroes who aren’t Endeavor to be likeable people who dote on the leads and I find that boring tbh.

Won’t vote because I want to see more of him.

13. Fry J Vigilant

I never hated this guy but he was definitely underwhelming. His quirk is actually pretty cool but he got off paneled by Toga. I'm surprised he survived the Overhaul arc tbh.

14. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

Interesting quirk but annoying character even when we were given an explanation why.

I would like to see more of his quirk tho. I'd like to see quite a few characters from the overhaul arc come back lol. A couple were really underutilized(ryukyu, nejire) or just too good to use once(fatgum, tamaki).

15. Courier Six Patrolling the mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

Flag:
    Catdank Faction:
    :hmm
    That gotta be the lowest so far.