1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Come join the RP Section for the monthly world (universe?) creation contest. This month's theme is space opera.

So charge the hyperdrive, power up the plasma cannons, and set sail for new worlds!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the NF Awards! Nominate your favorite posters!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the latest Newsletter!

Click here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The future of the Cafe Subsections is up to you. Vote here to make your voice heard!"

Click here
    Dismiss Notice

My Hero Academia Character Popularity Poll: Rock Lock [98]

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Baks, May 6, 2018.

Rock Lock: How do you like him?

This poll will close on Jun 6, 2018 at 11:15 PM.
  1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  7. 4

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  8. 3

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  9. 2

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  10. 1

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Baks Well-Known Member

How do you rate Rock Lock on a scale from 1 to 10?

Tags:
  2. Singulrality I have achieved intelligence!

Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Iceland, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland
    Catdank Faction:
    Is he the very first Black Japanese hero :hm
    Anyway I didn't really like him that much so a 2/10 should do it

3. Baks Well-Known Member

Arrogant unlikable patronizing bastard who got easily knifed by Toga of all people during Overhaul's arc.

Shitty quirk too, so a 1 for Rock Lock.

4. Singulrality I have achieved intelligence!

Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Iceland, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland
    Catdank Faction:
    You should give him at least one point because he was black :LOS

5. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Kind of an unpleasant guy. Interesting to see that even the heroes can be creeps. I never really understood his quirk all that well. 3/10

Btw, @Singulrality, thanks for posting identifying pics! :thumbs

6. THEALMIGHTYGUY Forgive me for being an Elite

-1/10 He was the first Black hero which made me happy but he was an unlikable asshole. Getting knifed by The Goddess Toga was too good for him.

7. Milliardo G.L.P.

His quirk is shit. Not much to the guy but I'm indifferent to him. Yeah 3/10 I guess until shown something better.

8. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

The biggest problem with this character is not that he had a terrible personality, it's because he was so ugly. :ippy
    Will, there ever be another Hot Based Black Japanese fictional character like Kiawe from Pokemon ?

anyway, there was a really funny picture on the internet with the panel of Toga stabbing RockLock, and Toga was wearing a MAGA hat, RockLock had typical BLM/SJW stuff on him. Wish I could find it.

9. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Not sure how he was a creep...an asshole and a douche sure but a creep I am not seeing it not like he was perving out on kids.

First Black Character set a low bar....his wife is hot though.

But yeah if you are going to have a character be that antagonist to the leads then they really need to be a badass to be likeable.

Granted considering how the author loves dropping random American states and cities...I figure we get a better Black Character when this series goes to an International Arc.

3/10.

10. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

There are various interpretations of creep. Here is one definition: Slang An annoyingly unpleasant, unsettling, or repulsive person. It doesn't necessarily have to do with being 'creepy' as in stalking, etc.--at least that's not how I use the term. :edu

RockLock may have a rather unpleasant personality, but I do think that Hori has shown a good side of him in his love for his family. He's apparently got a chip on his shoulder, but he has a good heart underneath it all.

11. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Seeing him with his family and being harsh on Midoriya and the kids because of how he felt about the Eri situation made me like him a little.

He’s kind of a Han Solo character, acts like an asshole but has a good heart underneath it all.

Everyone expects all the heroes who aren’t Endeavor to be likeable people who dote on the leads and I find that boring tbh.

Won’t vote because I want to see more of him.

13. Fry J Vigilant

I never hated this guy but he was definitely underwhelming. His quirk is actually pretty cool but he got off paneled by Toga. I'm surprised he survived the Overhaul arc tbh.

14. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

Interesting quirk but annoying character even when we were given an explanation why.

I would like to see more of his quirk tho. I'd like to see quite a few characters from the overhaul arc come back lol. A couple were really underutilized(ryukyu, nejire) or just too good to use once(fatgum, tamaki).

15. Singulrality I have achieved intelligence!

Catdank Faction:
    :hmm
    That gotta be the lowest so far.