1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

My Hero Academia S3 Episode 16

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Xiammes, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

For anyone who hasn't read the manga, I suggest posting in this thread that I am linking. This section will be filled with spoilers from manga only readers, even from just thread titles, so these threads are for the manga readers who want to discuss the anime as it pertains to the manga.

Tags:
  2. Dean Ambrose Forums Vacation

So THAT girl will return again :catdude

I wonder if the Camie and Deku incident was That girl or it was Camie :hmm

3. Bubs Retired

It was all "that girl", Camie herself didn't appear in this exam at all iirc.

4. Dean Ambrose Forums Vacation

Oh wow :lmao

Poor Camie :blobsweat

5. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

Decent episode but I was hoping for more Todo/Bakugou moments. Really curious on Todo's weaknesses that he implied that he is weak to certain Quirks. I think strong brute force Quirks are his weakness but I'm just assuming.
    So that bodysuit/transform girl got a Yoruichi moment haha. It takes a very strong dedication to being a Hero to not just get stiff when a girl with a body like that just let's you see her naked. Deku is a lowkey player or a bigger perv than Mineta if he doesn't seem to care.

I do like that we saw some more Ultimates. I am super hyped to see Froppys Ultimate because I figure it's going to be lame as hell but worth a laugh LOL. I mean during her training she said she perfected a move that was more frog-like haha. like wtf!

I didn't see her (duh!) but I figure InvisibleGirl would fucking ace this section or be one of the 54 winners. I mean if she just takes her uniform off she could potentially sneak up against anybody before they even realized what is going on. That Tornado guy is probably going to be someone important later on. He is too powerful to just be a side character IMO. Although....if his Quirk is literally just a wind tunnel I can see him being beaten pretty easily if you just use the suction against him. As for the guy who created the Tremors: I can easily see that Quirk being amazing on the battlefield but probably in an urban area. I mean if he did his Quirk vs. Stain or in any other setting he'd really fuck up all the civilains. I mean I guess collateral damage isn't really taking into consideration during high level fights but I feel he is a niche Quirk user that just has time to shine now because it is at a testing facility/school grounds.

6. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    I didnt watch the episode and saw some gifs.... I'm really bothered by Naked Camie, whose skin are white for no reason :catdude??? BONES your censoring rule is weird as shit :drake

7. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

After what they did to poor, poor Midnight, Camie's censorship wasn't too surprising.

Let's see here, long recap. Also flashbacks to events that happened just moments ago. And what looks to be some filler. Are we watching season 1 again? :hoho

It honestly wasn't that turrible. And it was pretty watchable, annoying flashbacks aside. Todoroki having problems with filler ninjas doesn't sound too exciting on paper, but it played out well and was pretty interesting visually with the Antman-like object enlarger quirk used in conjunction with a pocketful of nails and bolts.

------

:maybe:

:maybe

8. Bohemian Knight Well-Known Member

I don't read the manga. How much of this exam is actually filler?

9. Bohemian Knight Well-Known Member

I don't read the manga. How much of this exam is actually filler?

10. Tenma The Inferno

I don't mind them padding out the exam abit and showing more students, the battle royale was kind of bland in the manga tbh

11. Tenma The Inferno

Forgot how much of a beast Toga was :obamabury

The censorship was way more awkward than Midnight's costume tho, unlike there there really wasn't any way to get around Camie being naked :lmao

12. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

Trinidad and Tobago

yes lawd :catsweat

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

Added scenes was nice indeed, wonder if they extend other fights too.
    As for Camie. Such censora is lesser evil I guess, better than black circles.

14. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

Do you think the blu ray will be uncensored

15. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

16. OS The Entity

season 2 had fillers too. The extended tournament fights and the extended internships. An ep for tsuyu. Think we also got some extended stuff in the final exams.

17. Bubs Retired

The filler ninja look super bland, but at least the execution was done well with them.

Also, censored naked Camie still bae :ho

Well to be fair, I think I remember Hori saying he designed Midnight's costume to be white, though I can't remember where it was. Wasn't it that he got so much fan mail asking what the deal was with her costume and he said, "Sorry, it's actually a skin tight suit"? :catthinks

18. Fry J Vigilant

I like the bait and switch Hori did with Camie and Ochaco. Inasa and Shinsou scenes were good too. Seems like we'll be getting some filler fights next episode. Could be cool. Todoroki about to solo a ninja school. :blessed

19. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

The nude 'Camie' scenes looked strange with that white body suit appearance (even defined lines at wrists and ankles). You'd think they would just add some strategically placed grey sludge here and there (like Naruko's handy cloud cover).

At least the additional Todoroki fight looks decent. Don't know if I'll be as thrilled with the expanded battles in the next episode, though. Time will tell!

20. Kellogem Well-Known Member

I find it kinda annoying Toga cant keep her mouth shut.. "You talk a lot" - you spoke from my heart Deku.

And the whole "I can erase my presence" thing felt like the author feeling the need to give her an extra ability, even though it makes not a lot of sense.. holding your breath - I dont think there are a lot of people who can detect you cause of breathing... not thinking - nice, but no matter how numb minded you move, it doesnt make a difference in term of visibility. Whats next, "I move so slow you cant see me"?

turtle quirk girl has like the most useless quirk... you can keep her in a box.

wonder if Jirou could turn the insides of someone into pulp with a vibration hit. she should learn martial arts.

21. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

Great episode, was nice to see that there are other students from other schools that are pretty capable themselves. I personally really liked the filler scene that had Todoroki fight the ninjas. That quirk the red ninja has is terrifying. Imagine throwing a bolt at 100mph and then it becomes as big as a truck? One solid hit and you're out.

I personally appreciate the filler scenes since they feel less like they're trying to fill time, and more of them expanding the universe and developing other characters. Makes me wonder how closely Horikoshi works with the animation team when developing these moments.

And of course, dat Camie... :blobsweat:blobsweat:blobsweat:blobsweat:blobsweat:blobsweat:blobsweat

22. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

Much better than last weeks where it seems like they didn't do much to expand the material.

23. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

What a weird episode, the animation was exceptional high quality but it looks like all the stills were drawn by interns. Probably because of the movie production they got the higher level animators to animate the scenes they needed and left the rest to newbies.

Good though, jesus christ camie :catsweat

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Lewd Lewd x 1
    • List
  24. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

Trinidad and Tobago
    I don't think it was a white body suit I think they were tan lines from wearing that thin ass latex suit she had on lol

25. chibbselect Well-Known Member

Considering how smart Deku is, you'd think he would wonder why Camie has two quirks.

26. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

Deku definitely is one of the smartest dumbasses in Boku no Hero but I'm just curious on if it is solid that a person can only have 1 Quirk?
    I mean there is AFO then there is Nomus with multiple abilities. I'm sure it could be like X-men where it starts off as 1 Quirk per person then changes where the stronger people have more abilities later on in the series.

27. luffy no haki 1st seat

the fuck with those ninja and censorship?

Still its nice to see Todo doing something, in the manga i think we saw him separating from the group and next panel he appeared he had already passed the first test. At the same time find it kinda complicated cuz with this sorta fillers you dont know if they are hyping him or down playing him due to the difficulty when it was suposed to be a breeze for him.

@pumkin1988 dunno, they might enterbterrain of expanding the application of quirks but I doubt they will have another unless its obtained through external means.

AFO steals quirks and stores them within himself and the Noumus.

OFA i something passed on through getting dna from the original user.

Todoroki is a special natural hybrid which took Endeavor three children prior to hitting the jackpot.

28. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

29. Fiona ★*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*★

Just watched the episode and I think I found out Deku's real Quirk.......he is a ladies man :lmao

- Uraraka is head over heels for him

- Crazy stabby chick fell in love at first sight

- Hatsume feeling him up

- Now this Camie girl is all over him

I don't read the Manga, but I kinda hope this continues because its hilarious to watch :rotfl

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  30. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

I can't with all these nerds complaining about Camie censorship. :skully