1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

My Hero Academia S3 Episode 18

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Platypus, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Platypus * Advisor

For anyone who hasn't read the manga, I suggest posting in this thread that I am linking. This section will be filled with spoilers from manga only readers, even from just thread titles, so these threads are for the manga readers who want to discuss the anime as it pertains to the manga.

Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Deku x 1
    • List
  2. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

I was going to do this when I woke up, good lookin.

3. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

4. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

The art was so shit this episode, it was distracting.
    And they made Kaminari's moment incredibly undewhelming. and it was the only moment I was looking foward too in the licience exam. :sadpanda

like wtf Bones.

Hoping, Deku vs Bakugou 2 isn't ruined.

5. Tenma The Inferno

Wow, seems they rushed the hell out of the Iida/Aoyama segment :scust

6. GrizzlyClaws Big Bad Grizzly

Yeah Kaminaris supposed big moment felt... underwhelming. I only watch the Anime so I only knew he was supposed to shine, and after watching the episode I was like "that's it? :saitamapathy"

Expected more. Iida MVP tho.

7. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Its mostly filler so of course the B Team is animating.

8. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

9. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

Also, anime makes another hint, much clear then manga. Aoyama being quirkless, and his belt is just a some kind of gajet?

10. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

Trinidad and Tobago
    Good episode :pimp

11. Plexa Well-Known Member

I took it as an indication of him just being kinda queer/different, and then him sort of owning that and flaunting it in later life.

12. Tayimus Number One

13. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

Looks like the movie's production schedule really fucked with this arc, I hope this arc was the sacrifice and not the rest of the content that comes after this. The first 13 episodes were a bit wonky but you could tell they were actively trying to make it look the best it possible could. I hope they don't do another movie and anime season, its basically doubling your work load.

14. Fry J Vigilant

Fun episode. Kaminari pulling out the duel disk. :blobaww I forgot about the Aoyoma scene in the manga. It was nice. Gang Orca next episode.

15. Deepriver Well-Known Member

Atleast there wont be a movie along with the Overhaul arc....... (hopefully)

16. Tayimus Number One

If anything, I think the schedule should go Season-->Movie--Break-->Season-->Movie-->Break.

A movie shouldn't be happening during while the anime season is airing.

17. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

The thing is a movie is about as big of production as a season, a movie would mean longer breaks between seasons if they didn't do them at the same time.

18. Tayimus Number One

That's fine. Better than the animators being overworked and either the movie or series suffering. Bonus point, it lets the manga build more material.

19. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

I don't understand this sentiment of "let the manga build more material" bit I see pushed. I understand the ptsd of previous jump giants, but there is almost a 100 chapter gap between the manga and anime right now. It will take another 50 episodes for the anime catch up to where the manga is right now. Even if season 4 is 50 episodes, the manga will still be 70ish chapters ahead of the manga when season 4 ends. By the time for season 5 starts up, assuming a 6 month gap, that is another 25 manga chapters, if season 5 runs for 50 episodes to catch up again, 50 more manga chapters will be made in that time span.

It will take at least two years of a nonstop adaptation for the anime to catch up with the manga. There is no danger of ever catching up with the current pace.

20. Tayimus Number One

Also, I made two points in that comment.

21. Kellogem Well-Known Member

well at least they are not screwing up anything important. I only have any expectations for the Gang Orca and Deku vs Bakugou fights. Kaminaris "moment" was pretty underwhelming in the manga as well. I wonder if that guy ever going to look good with a quirk which has so many potential.

also animal talker guys quirk.. would led to so many animals getting injured and killed in battle. I think he is going to burn out fast unless he'd only work in search parties or some shit.

22. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this as well when I saw the scene lol. I think it works really well in a kid's manga because most of those students wouldn't hit animals. Like if Half/Half saw a bunch of pidgeons flying towards him he would just hunker down and try and defend himself with terrain where as someone who is a villain like Dabi would fucking fry all those pidgeons in the air with no second glances. The students all are wanting to be heroes hence they are all pure hearted to say the least so they wouldn't fuck with those animals.

Now....I'm not too into MHA lore since I don't read the manga but who is to say that there are no Quirked animals? Imagine a bear with a fucking steel hide or something. Or a fast as fuck tiger with an engine on his back. If that guy could handle all animals then he can be potentially very dangerous like Aquaman.
    Another note I'd like to point out is that not everybody has durability Quirks. This is a hero manga so each person has some degree of extra strength and durability that is superhuman but even within those confines I'm sure Tusuyu would get fucked up by a big grizzly bear or I'm sure if there was flying enemies (like the guy who was jumping during the Bakugou kidnapping) that the animal guy could call down a rain of terrifying winged birds of prey to unleash hell on him. Bare minimum it would be a distraction.

23. Tayimus Number One

Animals can have quirks. It's rare, though.

24. Kellogem Well-Known Member

I think in most scenarios they'd fight in a city - not a lot of villains would break havoc on a countryside or forest - so he'd be able to call for just a bunch of rats and birds and cockroaches, unless he'd keep a grizzly or tiger or whatever with himself. which would still likely got killed fast against all kind of destructive villains. also feeding that thing and having the room for it must be a pain in the ass and cost a lot.

also I hope there is a PETA in the world of BnH which wouldnt let him use the animals as a weapon.

I wonder if his quirk has any effect on animalistic guys, like Hound Dog. maybe he is making Froppy do all kind of dirty things with him at night in that dormitory.
    if I was Spinner I'd keep the distance from that guy as well, being a lizardman and all, he can just get a blackout and next thing he knows is he has a bad taste in his mouth...

25. Kor Well-Known Member

The principal is an animal who manifested a quirk which gives him mastermind tier intelligence.

26. Kellogem Well-Known Member

could animal talker take control of him, and by extension the whole academy?

thats a potential final villain you have there.

27. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    Platypus starting bnha threads now??? what is this :platslam

28. Tayimus Number One

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List