1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice

My Hero Academia S3 Episode 22

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Xiammes, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

For anyone who hasn't read the manga, I suggest posting in this thread that I am linking. This section will be filled with spoilers from manga only readers, even from just thread titles, so these threads are for the manga readers who want to discuss the anime as it pertains to the manga.

Tags:
  2. Platypus * Advisor

Poster by Yutaka Nakamura

Spoiler: Episode Preview Images

• Like Like x 1
    • Deku x 1
    • List
  3. Tayimus Number One

This is the kinda shit that prevents me from being a Deku-fag. :trinny

And on the flipside, also prevents me from being a Baku-fag.:hmm

4. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

Yeap, looks like they plan on going all out with the next couple of episodes. Still not seeing any twice stiff, maybe final episode?

5. Indra I can't stop eating

Bakugou always has a stick up his ass like Vegeta :skully

6. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

Bakugou beating Deku will be better than United States of Smash.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

8. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

i enjoyed this episode but hot dam next ep is going to be pimp!!
    bakugou lookin swole as a MFer

camie = toga is pretty crazy. if her quirk can make her look like anyone via blood the possibilities are unlimited given how heroes and villains alike all bleed. like holy shit she could literally be impersonating AM and nobody would ever know it considering he coughs up blood akl the fukin time haha

i can easily see AFO getting out ala magneto in xmen. Toga disguises herself as a guard and nobody is none the wiser. he even hinted this lol he said
    >Yea ill let you think that
    to AMs face haha this guy has major balls. im super stoked when we see the flashback to their fight initially.
    AM was happy desku got the license. im curious on the exchange todo and endeavor will have. im also curious how Baku lost points. they didnt explain crap!

9. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

10. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

The reaction to next weeks ep will be very interesting indeed :catdankv3:

11. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

Anime onlys already speculating about Naruto vs Sasuke.:bookerskully

12. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    Oh shit man, this episode is lit :obamabury

I need to catch up watching the license exam arc... somehow :wow

13. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

Man, Bakugou is like a whinier version of Vegeta. :skully

15. luffy no haki 1st seat

Im already saving mah popcorn to prepare it with the tons of salt next weeks ep. will deliver.

16. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

17. luffy no haki 1st seat

Salt coming from anime only people when Baku wins

18. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

I mean, I personally really don't like Bakugou, but does he really have that many people that hate him?

19. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

Bakugo is way more understandable and relatable in the anime, at the same time his mannerism and anger is fully fleshed out. I say he is a less polarizing character in the anime since there was more time and opportunity to see his changes and to understand him as a person.

20. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

I mean, I'd hardly call him either understandable or relatable. The dude is toxic as hell and can't even hold a proper conversation with someone, his anger is so off the charts and over the tiniest things too.

I mean, what is there to relate to? The fact he wants to be the best? Big whoop, Deku is also trying to achieve that goal, and so did Endeavor.

21. luffy no haki 1st seat

Yeah, a ton. Mostly people who see themselves in BoS Deku and feel attacked cuz the bully actually has some degree of relevance

22. The Big G King Of The Monsters

What's kinda funny is that unlike Vegeta or the Sauce...Bakugou never gave into dark temptation. The Sauce accepted Orochimaru's offer, Vegeta became a Majin but Bakugou laughed at Shigaraki's offer to join them.

Regardless if you like him or not, after this season Bakugou is going to take a back seat for a while.

23. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

Typical anime beta self-insert males who dislike confident, cocky, alpha types and find them annoying. But what really ticks them off about Bakugou is how he consistently wins in comparison to their MC despite being the insecure one. Some of them have even taken their frustration out on Deku, since he couldn't beat Baku, and say the series is shit because of it, lol. :catblush

24. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    you seriously don't know? The Baku-hate is huge. But it gets lesser the more development he has.

Like that guy who does that here regularly :LOS

25. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

I mean, I wouldn't really call him a confident chad. He's moreso treated as the weird screaming dude by most of his classmates, and gets made fun of constantly by them, and he seems to have a terrible complex against Deku based entirely by Deku being nice to him one time. That doesn't scream confident, but it does scream frail ego.

People saying the series is garbo because of that... man, that's weird.

I never liked the guy, but that was more because I couldn't stand how U.A. just doesn't seem to deal with his behavioral problems (same goes for Mineta), especially since they're supposed to be a pro hero school. That and the fact that Bakugou's learning has felt so slow, but that's because I've been wanting an arc like Todoroki had in the tournament for Bakugou.

26. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! lol i think you are taking your biases a little too far. the school has a slut bdsm Teacher Pro Hero (who apparently was even lewder in her fighting days) so why all the hate on Mineta? i think him being into girls so much is really the only realistic portrayal of all the boys. they are teens afterall with Quirks and /fit/ bodies so their hormones and high T would result in even hornier than average teens from their non-Quirked peers. it's not like being a pro hero means you are a celibate like Aizawa/All Might
    >angry bakugou
    Who is Pro Hero Endeavor?

27. luffy no haki 1st seat

Mmm no? Its true that at that age one seems obsessed with girls but mineta Is pretty out of line to the point its sickening specially some jokes are straight sexual nonsense on his part.

28. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

Still isn't something that is acceptable. We have to remember that heroes are essentially a mix of policemen, firefighters, and celebrities, all rolled into one category. And while Mineta is a character I wanna see more of, it's because I want to see him excel and grow as a human. If by the end of the series he's still the same, I'm gonna be sorta dissapointed, especially with how this series focuses a lot on the morals of the individual. Only makes sense for him to grow as a person.

Plus, the dude has tried groping people. If he tries to pull that shit as a hero, then he's sullying all the efforts of people like All Might by abusing his position of responsibility and power.

As for Endeavor... He still is fairly good when it comes to hero work. He works with other heroes well, listens to authorities without much hassle, and doesn't let his pride get in the way of a fight, as shown with him working with other heroes during Hosu and against the Noumu. He might be hot tempered, but when he's working, he showcases a high level of professionality. So far, Bakugou hasn't during these times. He berates and insults people giving him advice or that try to work with him, and he refuses to work with people, and only resorts to it when the moment is at its most dire, resulting in a lot more trouble. He also doesn't listen to higher authority, ignoring Aizawa at USJ, and Mandalay at the camp. He's rude to civilians, and as shown with Endeavor acting rudely and harshly to Inasa, that type of attitude can breed hatred in people and taint them.

29. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

I just went through this fight in the manga, and i wonder if they are going to show it all in one episode. Last episode stopped at chapter 117, with 6 pages left to go, and the fight ends 12 pages into 120. It's over 3 chapters that they need to adapt. Since it's a fight that seems fine, but there are actually some dialogue heavy parts, with quite a lot of flashbacks. Also, there's the Deku going 8% right at the end of chapter 119. That would make the episode 2 chapters + 6 pages remaining from 117 if it ends right there.

So what do you guys think ? Whole fight, or episode stops at the "I've finally caught up to you" moment ?

30. Judge Fudge Delicious

On the Japanese side he has the biggest hate thread in the Heroaca section of 5ch and there's been a lot of criticisms towards how Hori has handled him though most don't actually take him as a rival seriously and he mainly seems to be popular with deranged fujos. In the west people are really triggered that he's a former bully given no sort of redemption or even regret for his actions and that Deku pays him too much lip service despite that. At this point people hate his fanbase more than the character since they go out of their way to defend his every action and have grandeur delusions of him that's the complete opposite of what the story conveys (calling him an Alpha Chad for example when he's anything but). A lot of problems people have with Bakugou would be dispelled if Deku wasn't so nice all the time and if Hori didn't try to elevate him as a "serious rival character" when he hasn't exactly earned it since a lot of his victories are hollow as fuck and the reason why Deku doesn't snap him like a twig is his inability to control his power. That's the biggest problem with Deku vs Kacchan 2 is the fact that Deku feels moreso as a device for Bakugou's development than an honest bout and Horikoshi having to force his relevancy by implying that Deku needs to have the same drive to win as him when that couldn't be further from the case when you look at his accomplishments versus Bakugou's. Now I know Hori is self-aware enough to know how pointless it was given how in the aftermath its basically the cast shitting on his idea for fighting ti begin with but it could have been conveyed better to not make Bakugou look so much of a pathetic faggot and not make Deku elevate him despite of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List