1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want YOU the community to help contribute to the new Spiral Rep titles!

Please, check this thread.

Dismiss Notice
  5. My fellow ningen! It's time for another Dragon Ball Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. [​IMG]

We are going to give one month of coloured usernames to a couple of NF users.

Please, check NFs Valentine's Day Event

Dismiss Notice

7. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

My Hero Academia S3 Episode 22

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Xiammes, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

Still can't tell if the whole fight will be in this one episode or it will end at the 8% bit :C

2. Tayimus Number One

Wait, wait, a student tries to attack another, uninstigated, has to be restrained by a teacher, and nothing happens. Not even a suspension. And you see nothing wrong with that? It's literally the first day.

And then, let's just gloss over that Aizawa was monitoring Bakugou ever since then. The same teacher that failed an entire class the previous year, didn't see anything wrong with how Bakugou behaved.

Riiiiight.

Please. Let's not excuse the school. The school allowed Bakugou to act out.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  3. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

They did point out that UA has it's own way of doing things, which involves giving more liberty to each teach to handle their class how they see fit. So because of that you can get extremes swinging both ways, with a whole class being ditched because the teacher thinks they are not worth his time, or a kid getting away just with a one time warning after doing what Bakugo did.

Him monitoring Bakugou could mean that he was ready to take drastic measures if the same thing happened again. And Bakugou simply challenging Midorya before the exams made Aizawa push All Might on them, to get the two to work out their problems before they get worse.

4. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

I mean overall, throughout series. If it's just verbal exchange, teachers usually don't interfere.

5. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

The teachers have full discretion in how they pursue teaching, Aizawa didn't suspend anyone because he saw potential. Just think about all the shit Deku got into before he got suspended. While we see Bakugo's outburst on panel, months are going by without very many incidents, Bakugo's first outlash against Deku since the start of the year was him calling Deku out before the final exams. Which Aizawa did plan on handling their bad behavior by teaming them up.

Ideally there should be some counselor or therapist for Bakugo, but I am unsure if the profession even exists in bnha.

6. Tayimus Number One

The same teacher?! That makes zero sense.

Or it could be that everything that Bakugou had done was acceptable, and Aizawa was just making sure he wasn't escalating.

Which is unfair to Midoriya, by the way. It's not Midoriya's problem, it's Bakugou. Midoriya gets along with everyone, Bakugou is standoffish with everyone. Don't call it "their" problem, when there's one person causing it.

You mean saving people? Please, don't try to conflate saving someone against protocol with actually attacking someone unprovoked. Bakugou SHOULD have gotten a suspension.

We're nearly two hundred chapters in and still the year's not over. I highly doubt months are going by between Bakugou's outbursts, unless you're narrowing shit to physical attacks.

Wait, so you're not narrowing down to verbal outbursts? I don't have the time to check up on this. Anyone else wants to do it?

Because psychological/emotional problems are have suddenly disappeared? I could have sworn that BnHA was an offshoot of our world, just a couple hundred years in the future.

7. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

Yeah the same teacher. I've seen teachers in real life who were very relaxed in terms of the discipline aspect, but very strict with the grades. Also seen the opposite. Aizawa cares about discipline obviously, but that one initial incident might not have required more drastic measures than a scolding and it better not happen again deal, which it did not.

I don't think that it makes more sense that that was the case. Bakugo issuing that challenge is obviously less offensive than attempting to attack Deku, so Aizawa's measure was meant to prevent things from going back to that point, or further escalate.

Aizawa would know that the two come from the same school, so seeing their interaction being that much worse would make him assume that it has to do with them having a shared past. From an outside perspective Deku stopped being absolved from any blame as well the moment we found out that, after a certain point, Bakugo tried to keep Deku at a distance, and Midorya was the one who insisted on chasing after him, in spite of the fact that he was clearly no longer welcomed.

8. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

Rule breaking is rule breaking, the ban on public use of quirks and vigilantism is set up for good reason.

Its been over 8-9 months since Deku got One For All. Bakugo's first outburst was when Aizawa had to restrain him, there was the hero vs villain team up incident but Bakugo was reprimanded and was still acting within the rules. His next outburst towards Deku was right before the final exams, months have went by. There was the fight with Deku which lead to the suspension.

I'm counting everything.

School year starts in April, first day Bakugo flips, then we had the villain mock team up battle. We had USJ incident with no bad behavior on Bakugo's part. Sports festival starts, which means spring is now passed and its summer, Bakugo hasn't exhibited any real aggressive behavior besides his calling out of the entire school and his rage against Shouto. Bakugo then goes to intern under best Jeanist, who did try to do something about Bakugo's behavior. This led to his 2nd or 3rd outburst towards Deku for the final exams, depending on what you are counting. Then we had the School trip incident and hideout raid. Bakugo's behavior got lashed in the license exam and that night is when he chose to fight Deku.

Aizawa admits before the Deku vs Bakugo fight that they hadn't focused enough on his behavior.

Mostly a joke, but you'd figure he would be seeing a councilor or something.

9. Tayimus Number One

I've also seen teachers like that, on both ends... Those teachers were normally pieces of shit. The better teachers were those that could discipline their students as well as enrich their minds. But hey, if we're talking about reality, I'm not surprised that lack of discipline is not a problem for people. Kids in college are creating riots, cornering teachers, yelling at them. All a lack of Discipline from when they were young.

Possible, but so is my scenario. I think mine makes more sense. Unless attacking another student is permitted, of course. Then mine makes less sense.

Aizawa would also see both Deku's and Bakugou's interactions with other people. Clearly the problem is Bakugou.

I'm sorry, but are you saying that Yuuei should have been there to discipline Deku in elementary school? Cause otherwise, I don't see your point. In Yuuei, in Aizawa's class, Deku stayed away from Bakugou. Again, unprovoked attack on another student, with nothing but a warning. And then we wonder why Bakugou--and real life kids--don't get better. It's because their actions get excused, and their actions would have victims.

Well, isn't this an intellectually dishonest remark. So, we're going to equate actually saving someone when NO ONE ELSE WAS AROUND TO DO SO, with actively seeking to hurt someone, because both fall under the law of using quirks.

Alright there, :froppy

Let's also forget that Yuuei granted points for saving someone when they weren't outright told to do so. Huge hypocrits. "Oh no, we want you to want to save people only when we're around, not when we're not and can't do it ourselves." Fucking huge mixed signal. But I don't think Yuuei ever taught to attack someone for no reason at all. :edu

Ohhh now I see where you're getting "Months in between" from. You're only counting Bakugou's actions against Deku. I'm counting all of his actions.

Didn't Bakugou literally yell and threaten people on the bus?! I might be wrong, I am going from memory.

You are gonna have me read this whole series again, and I'm gonna hate you if you're wrong. :glare

So what are we debating again? :drake

Not if people either saw nothing wrong, like Bakugou grade school teachers, passed the buck off to another, like Bakugou's own parents, or simply didn't focus hard enough like Aizawa. :trinny Nothing to see here, folks. No child that needs disciplining, no child that needs counseling. Nooo, pay more attention to the kid that's saving people! :kobeha

10. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

I agree with of saving people, they shouldn't have been severely punished, but heroes act under strict rules. They don't actually have the ability to arrest people, just apprehend people. I think the my hero world really needs some good samaratin laws, but I think things are being constrained by the laws that were probably set up a century ago. Just a very basic but realistic scenario, all vigilante's during the age of chaos were pardon'd once the old governments regained control, a official system was created around heroes. Ontop of all the existing reasons to go after vigilantism, they would more sternly pursue any remaining vigilante's in order to keep and maintain the power balance. Quirk brandishing laws are because there are simple to many types, its simple better to outright ban it and allow people who are professionally trained to get a license to use their powers since you can't create a law for everyone. Also probably had something to do with discrimination and normalizing people with quirks, however that probably isn't as relevant when 80% of the population now has a super power.

He was yelling, but he was literally be laughed at like he was a angry child, no body but Deku was taking it seriously. If you are counting every time he yelled, then there is a lot, I'm counting his lashing out.

:villa

Nothing really.

One of the things that I know is that most Japanese schools is that the teachers suck for the most part, they often encourage or take part in bullying Deku. Deku and Bakugo don't seem particularly well off so they probably just in basic public education. I mean Deku's iddle school teacher called him out on applying to U.A. in front of the class,

11. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

Just as a reminder, Bakugou has disobeyed authorities twice in drastic situations. First with Aizawa telling them to stay back and not engage the villains at USJ. To which Bakugou proceeded to bumrush Kurogiri and get in the way of 13 who was about to fight him.

Then at the training camp, where Mandalay told him not to engage with the villains. And he instead chose to run dick first against Moonfish which almost got him skewered if it weren't for Todoroki.

Oh, and let's not forget when he chose to fight Deku, even when Deku insisted he didn't want to fight, and it's against school rules for students to fight.

Let's not act like UA has done a good job of controlling Bakugou. :lmao

12. Deepriver Well-Known Member

Ah the Baku polemic never disappoints :wow

13. Tayimus Number One

Cool, then why try to conflate saving someone with hurting someone? Remember, it's up to the teacher's discretion, but you chose to go to the law.

The tactic doesn't pass the straight face test.

He was laughed at AFTER he started lashing out.

What do you call "lashing out"? Because you counted verbal lashings earlier, but apparently this doesn't count? Hmm methinks someone is backtracking... :obamabury

Oh damn. :yousmart

:drake

Polemic: A strong verbal or written attack on someone or something.

Woo, man, there goes that "Words like Spells" thing again. No one is attacking Bakugou. First of all, the criticism is on Yuuei, and the adults around Bakugou, not on Bakugou himself. Read carefully. Secondly, a justified criticism is not an attack.

I had some dude block me yesterday for criticizing his points, saying I was personally insulting him. How many people on here can't handle a criticism? How many people on here are children that need to be protected feom their feelings being hurt? :martin

14. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

Law breaking is lawbreaking though, Deku and friends are getting off with slaps in the wrist because things did end up good and no one wanted to punish them, jaywalk infront of a cop enough times and they will ticket you. Not every crime is weighted equally, but it still took a lot of incidents before Aizawa decided to crack down on Deku and it was only a 2 day suspension for retaliating back.

You should look at the scene your quoting. He got blasted by Tsuyu while he was just sitting around doing nothing and everyone laughed him off.

Spoiler:

15. Tayimus Number One

Ok, so Deku wasn't punished because no one was hurt. I was deliberately not bringing up that point because I wanted you to. So, if Deku got off because no one was hurt, how can you--with a straight face--say that his action is equal to Bakugou wanting to hurt someone? Without intervention, one of those two actions would have resulted in a victim. Please, take your tine squaring that away.

Excuse you, "blasted" is an extreme exaggeration of what Tsuyu did. And I did remember what Tsuyu did. I wanted you to post it. Tsuyu told the absolute truth. Bakugou could not handle that and got incensed. She didn't even mean it to demean him, just making an observation.

Sorry, unlike what most people on here seem to think, I don't see a simple criticism as means for yells and threats. Maybe if someone had said they fucked his mom up the ass? Yeah, I'd understand him. Here, all he did was prove her right. Dude could have said something like "I don't care who likes me" or "Mind your business, long-tongue" or simply ignore her and make her feel stupid. And yet, the teachers let that slide, the real point behind all of this. If anything, discipline both Tsuyu and Bakugou. Would have been disproportionate as fuck, though.

16. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

17. Platypus Super Moderator

Looks like the entire fight will be crammed into one episode.

Next week's episode:

• Like Like x 4
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
    • List
  18. Tayimus Number One

19. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    :dank

20. Tayimus Number One

@SoulFire!, some comments here where I go in on Bakugou and Yuuei. Just to show that I don't ignore Bakugou's actions.