1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

My Hero Academia S3 Episode 6

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Xiammes, May 10, 2018.

1. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

For anyone who hasn't read the manga, I suggest posting in this thread that I am linking. This section will be filled with spoilers from manga only readers, even from just thread titles, so these threads are for the manga readers who want to discuss the anime as it pertains to the manga.

Tags:
  2. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

3. Courier Six Patrolling the mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

Flag:
    Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland, Iceland, Barbados, Canada, China, United States, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago
    Catdank Faction:

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  4. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

Well that was some anticlimactic cliffhanger. :bookerskully
    I love it. Again added scene was good. Toga's voice is perfect!:bury

5. LordPerucho Well-Known Member

Dark Shadow was again underwhelming but the MVP of the episode goes to Toga.

Her scene with Ochaco was creepy as hell.

6. OS The Entity

7. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

Trinidad and Tobago
    I'm kinda mad that it didn't end a little later but I guess they're trying to wrap this whole arc up by episode 10 so they're stretching it a lil. Dope episode none the less. Best parts imo

8. Courier Six Patrolling the mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

Flag:
    Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland, Iceland, Barbados, Canada, China, United States, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago
    Catdank Faction:

I don't remember this happening in the manga :hmm

Anyway Twice was the best in the episode :bury

9. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

10. OS The Entity

11. Fry J Vigilant

Dark Shadows rampage delivered after all. "Dont beg. Small fry" :bury

Toga vs Tsuyu and Urakaka was great. I'm glad they didn't try to end this arc in this one ep.

12. Dean Ambrose Forums Vacation

Besto episode so far :bury

13. LordPerucho Well-Known Member

After Ochaco put down Toga, she couldve broken her arm like this.

14. Courier Six Patrolling the mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

Flag:
    Catdank Faction:
    Do you get all your ideas from 4chan :troll

15. LordPerucho Well-Known Member

Its just that Ochaco shouldve been a bit more agressive :cat.

16. Kellogem Well-Known Member

Toga scene with Ochako made no sense to me in manga, neither did in the anime...
    Freezing and freaked out because some crazy villain chick who doesnt know her take a wild guess she must in love with someone and want to be like him and because that they are similar, this is INSANE! time to rethink your life.

But Im kind of tired of random characters calling out Ochako being in love because they have nothing better to do than being interested in her lovelife.

And disarming her cause she had some bit of training, while Tsuyu looked totally helpless. ugh. I feel like everything concerning Ochako is always so forced from her big resolve fight against Bakugou (Bakugou you beast, how dare you put a scratch / which will be healed in pages/ in her face!) to this, like the mangaka had no idea what to do with her character.

wanted some Momo Noumu action but at the end they added no filler to any of the fights. kind of a shame.

17. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

They could've made the Dark Shadow scenes longer, but I guess it was alright.

Good Episode.

18. OS The Entity

19. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

Horikoshi just made a chapter about you.:bookerskully

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  20. Dean Ambrose Forums Vacation

She would have loved it :bury

21. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

At least next episode shouldn't end on Bakugo getting kidnapped cliff hanger, the quicker we move onto telling the league to fuck off the better, don't want all the anime only's going on about Bakugo being Sauce again :catroll

22. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

The harder they get BTFO, the better. That's one of the reasons I wanted them to go with an OP that played up the cliche'd shonen elements that this arc could have reveled in - matchups between Team Rescue Bakugo and the VA, and of course, hinting at Bakugo turning Sauce . Build their expectations for that shit all the more, and then fuck em over with what actually happens.

Woulda been entertaining as fuck to watch.

Anyhoo, pretty ok episode.

23. OS The Entity

liked the way they left it was a cliffhanger with everyone shocked and ready to fight

24. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

Everyone reacting to this episode got annoyed at Bakugo thinking he went off by himself when he's show to be missing, before Mr Compress appears :rotfl

25. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

As an anime-only viewer going to be honest I do skip some comments so as not to spoiler myself but LOL this is so fucking looking like the Sasuke Retrieval ark it pains me to say it and hurts to see.
    The VA for blood-girl was perfect. Had me blushing as I was watching through my headphones. I'm unsure if she is supposed to be unstable/mental but I cannot fucking pinpoint what she is thinking at all. I just hope she doesn't go 1v1 vs Deku and he gives her a pussy-pass and doesn't punch her. That would infuriate me since crime and justice are unisex.

One thing that I have to keep remembering is that these kids are still weak as shit. It's not like Naruto where 12/13 year olds are saving the entire world or their village. It dawned on me when Baku/Half/Half couldn't do anything to that one guy. He completely outclassed them. Then when the guy was "flying" over the trees and the kids were running after him it totally reminded me of the Sound 4 carrying Sasuke in the pot thing haha. Even though they have all this power they are still growing.

I also do like that this manga is setting up to have good battles where it isn't just power vs power. For example, Dark Shadow rag dolled that one guy but then Baku/Half/Half came in and even said something like, "You are a bad match up for us." since they can create light. Really enjoying that aspect where I hope the manga continues to be Quirk vs Quirk rather than something like Bleach where it is just whoever has the higher power level can totally shut other people down through sheer will. Really can't wait to see future fights.

One thing that DOES annoy me though (and I know it is next episode so I don't know the full details) is the Vortex/Warp purple guy. I'm assuming he is going to warp everyone away to safety like last time but if he can warp anywhere he wants why didn't he just warp Bakugo in his sleep? I mean it isn't like they have sensors that good in the camp LOL. But this is just nit-picky I guess since that goes back to the whole why didn't Obito just pick up Naruto and enslave him as a baby? Only Minato could have saved him anyway type of situation.

One question I did have if anyone knows: Creation-Girl made a type of device, I'm assuming a tracking device, and told the other guy, "Use your Quirk and put it on him!" meaning the Nomu. I must have missed it but what exactly did he do? It just seemed like he placed it on Nomu's body so what exactly was his Quirk? Didn't even seem like he used it unless I missed something. Or did she just make a piece of tracker but his Quirk turned it "on" if he has like a tracking Quirk or Quirk that does something with electronics?

26. Dean Ambrose Forums Vacation

I could only possibly answer two things.

1.) The warp thing possibly couldn't work because he needs a specific location to Warp to. So not knowing where specifically Bakugou was and didn't want to warp where all the heroes were, he decided to best wait for him to come out.

2.) It's possible the guy's ability is something small as sticky hands which worked well with her tracking device.

I'm sure better people could answer you but that's just a few thoughts . Sorry I couldn't be more insightful :quite

27. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

First of all, you are aware that there's another My hero thread specific for "anime onlys" right ?

But I'll answer some of your questions without spoiling.

First of all, you'll find at next episode why the Villains orchestrated the attack on the Summer Camp.

Secondly, Even if Warp guy tried to warp bakugou in his sleep, it's incredibly risky since Bakugou and the others are fully aware of his weakness. I think that's why Tomura used recruits of new villains (who they've never encountered before) to tackle the situation.

The guy is Awase from Class B. He has a "Welding" quirk so he welded Momo's tracking device on to the nomu.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  28. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    Looks like I need to catch up again :cat

29. Bump Well-Known Member

Spain
    Catdank Faction:
    Has he hyped for next weeks, great ending

30. Kor Well-Known Member

Black Mist(the warp villain) uses a coordinate based quirk to teleport. He can’t just teleport anywhere willy nilly like Obito can. At USJ they had an insider provide them information to get in.

Can you drive to a place you’ve never been before without a map or some kind of GPS? It’s like that.

Also the student with Momo has a welding quirk, if you go back to that scene you’ll see he welded his arm to hers so he wouldn’t let go of her while running, so he can also unweld objects as well.

Also I think they did well with Dark Shadow this episode. Seeing it cause all the explosions in the background and it being this huge monstrous being chasing Shoji and clowning Moonfish gave it a lot of hype imo.