1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

My Theory on Armeggedeon. (Correct my grammatical errors.)

Discussion in 'Philosophical Forum' started by Uchiha_Akira_2005, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Uchiha_Akira_2005 A person

People have been debating about armeggedeon. Supposedly, armeggedeon is when the world ends. Well whoever thought that is wrong. Armeggedeon happens when a war begins, signifying that the world ends and plummets into raging war. Armeggedeon really originated in an ancient Biblical land, though the named escaped me. What do you guys think?

Tags:
  2. earthshine Banned

i think you should stay far away from phylisophical threads from now on.

exactly how are you the expert on the end of the world? for all we know, the world will end all the way down the line when our star, A.K.A the sun, goes super nova and fries us.

please explain how you can so boldly call somone else wrong?

3. Heldensheld Chunnin

GOod point there, earthmancer2200. If you want to write something about this and call yourself an export, please atleast present us with atleast two entries of information.

4. NarutardKK l'Cie

I understand both of ya'lls points.

@OP: try not to make it sound like your 100% sure ur right. try to state as a possibility, because honestly, none of us know what's gonna happen because it hasn't happened yet.

@EM2k: hey, at least he tried

5. earthshine Banned

thats just it, hes been doin this in evry phylosophical thread i have been in, and its all like this

6. NarutardKK l'Cie

alright, let me ask you something:

is it better to think wrongly
    or to not think at all

7. Danny Lilithborne 我を愛する修羅

8. rimpelcut You know it, I know it.

whatever you think it is or whatever people say it is

9. Uchiha_Akira_2005 A person

STFU! You're several to talk! If I'm wrong then who is right? You all tell me, because you all seem to have the keys to life's beginning and end. Please tell me, please do!

10. NarutardKK l'Cie

Damn dude, chill out.

And to answer your question, here, read it again since you obviously didnt catch it the first time:
    Like I said, please try to chill out a little

11. skunkworks Member

Babylon? :kkkawarim

12. Uchiha_Akira_2005 A person

It wasn't that. But you're on the right track. It's supposed to be part of the title (not arme-).

13. skunkworks Member

Is this a city in the Bible or?

14. rimpelcut You know it, I know it.

what is your theory actually?
    The thing that seperates us from animals can be a gift but also a great danger. seeing as how the human society keeps on beeing distructive we will surely all die in 2070 when the hole in the ozon layer burns our ass.

15. Gharkib Shinobi

Isn't is Mount Miggido or something?

16. Jonas Banned

I believe in the Quran's version of when the world ends.

17. rimpelcut You know it, I know it.

18. earthshine Banned

the world will end when the sun turns nova, destroying our solar system. how do i know? because pink elephants in dresses told me. btw, nobody knows how the world will end, this thread is pointless, just a person trying too hard to sound smart

19. OtacontheOtaku ~Sex Guru~

Meggido is a valley in the battle where the Battle of Meggido takes place. We get the term armageddon from the Hebrew word for "mount" Har, and the valley meggido, which is then turned into Harmeggido, which when romanized become Harmegeddon which is then translated into English as Armageddon.

It's sad how so many people look to revelations as the timetable to Armageddon. Especially since St. John clearly writes the letters that make up Revelations to the fledgling Christians of the time to give them hope during their subvertment by the Romans. He wrote the letters a special "code" called Apocraphyl, which is where the term Apocolypse comes from. It's not a book predicting the end of the world.

As a sidebar, the Rapture also was just a rediculous misinterpretation in 1 Thessolonians 4:16-17 back in the 1800s. It wasn't ever a part of Apostolic tradition.

So, unless the universe somehow pops parallel to itself, you don't need to worry about it.

However, it should be noted that around the year 2012, the Earth's and the surrounding magnetic fields of other planets are going to be strikingly similar to what they were like the last time the Earth switched it's magnetic poles (which some scientists postulate could happen arond every 1000 years). These same incidents are referenced in nearly every ancient culture, so it should be pretty interesting.

20. skethee2 Bleacher

Hindu mythology version of Armeggedeon
    "The most common accounts declare Kalki will come riding upon a white horse, brandishing a flaming comet-like sword, (or wielding a comet like a sword), intent on eradicating the reign of evil on the Earth, vanquishing Yama (Death), reconciling all opposites, renewing the processes of the Dharma (Paths of Virtue), of Creation, and establishing a reign of righteousness. "
    there are similarities between how jesus would come back and Lord Vishnu will come back as Kalki to rid the world of evil === white horse and flame sword

21. OtacontheOtaku ~Sex Guru~

yus yus, all religions come from the same sources... St. John had knowledge of the Hindu religion and obviously used it here for part of his metaphor of christ coming back to earth. It all molds back to the same place.

22. neko-sennin AKA shadesmaclean

As I may have mentioned elsewhere, I'm putting better odds on 2012, or possibly even spae invadersor Ragnarok.

PS: Over the next 3 weeks, I can't guarantee how often I'll be able to check in here, but I will still try to post at least 3 chapters of the Book of Hondo each week.

23. OtacontheOtaku ~Sex Guru~

Ragnarok is the Norse version of Armageddon. It is where the gods will come down from heaven to fight against Loki (free from bondage) and evil itself in a climactic battle that would end the world. Sound familiar?

24. AmenoKitarou Evangelion Otaku

"If I'm wrong then who's right?"
    .....:oh ......If you're right, does that make us wrong?.....

Damn!!! he starts the thread by asking us what we think......people tell him what they think....and they get told to STFU....:S

If you're so certain of your own "theory", why bother making a thread? Why even bother asking for our opinions when responders aren't allowed to disagree?...:notrust

You can't possibly win everyone's agreement on your "theory"...especially when it's a statement with no evidence.

25. rimpelcut You know it, I know it.

my theory is that there is no theory only fact which no one knows

26. memback Fear My Elbows Of Doom!!!!!!!!

Uhhh.

Yeah im with the rest of the ppl when they say they cant see your theory.
    Because of the fact that you made your statements as facts and "bodly" proclaimed somone else to be wrong that kind of negates you calling you statement a theory.:notrust

Sooooo...... yeah when in doubt use a dictionary i do, It WORKS!:wink

27. AmenoKitarou Evangelion Otaku

28. neko-sennin AKA shadesmaclean

If you want my *real* theory, it's that humans are obsessed with ending, and like to jump the gun. Armageddon is the human psyche's collective suicide, an attempt to predict, or for some actually *cause* an end, rather than wait for one.

PS: Over the next 2 weeks, I can't guarantee how often I'll be able to check in here, but I will still try to post at least 3 chapters of the Book of Hondo each week.

29. Peliqua should be running her site.

Dude, why so bitter? The guy isn't pontificating in simply wondering publicly about the end. He's as entitled as you to be here, so stop being so bitchy, please.

Personally, I'm not concerned with the end of the world, because sometimes I have a hard time believing its even real. You know, all that perception versus reality stuff.:S

30. Sorian Member

You can't do a theory on this. We could all be gone in a war. The sun could take us out. Some other life-form could take use out. We don't really know. No point in thinking about it.