1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

My Traitor Theory

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Crow, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Crow ♣️♥️

My Personal Theory is that the UA Traitor is Neito Monoma. I feel that he has the motives, capability, and intelligence to be the traitor. Most people are under the impression that the traitor automatically has to be someone from class one but I don't think that that has to be true. I do think however that the traitor needs to be someone who has a relatively okay amount of screentime, intelligence, and a quirk powerful enough to be worthy of the league of villains. Monoma fits the bill. He has a sociopathic personality. He has a grudge against class 1-A, he's very intelligent. Monoma was mysteriously not present for the Forest Training Camp arc which is strange because we see that he's very intelligent when he's fighting.

He was able to finesse Bakugo using his quirk and he dominated his team for a while until he got overconfident and lost to them. He was smart enough to see through Bakugo's strategy against Uraraka and somehow he still failed his exam even though he's one of the strongest and smartest in his class. It doesn't add up to me. I think that he should be more than smart enough to pass his exam but he didn't' because he had knowledge of the villains attack at the training camp and he failed his exam on purpose because he's by no means unintelligent. And for those who say he didn't pass because it was the practical part, I say no because he passed the U.A. entrance exams fine and he showed phenomenal skills at the sports festival. He has 5/5 intelligence and technique according to the official character handbook. I think that the League of Villains would be interested in someone like him for sure, he has a powerful quirk and it can be used for a lot of different things. He does have restrictions for the amount of time that he can use the quirks he borrowed but I think that something like that could be increased with training. All for One was interested in grabbing people with powerful quirks and I definitely think that he would be interested in Monoma. He could be able to copy quirks that AFO valued like warp gate and use them to get other squads in and out of missions and his design just oozes villainy to me.

Tell me what you guys think!

Tags:
  2. Tenma The Inferno

I don't think Monoma is a sociopath so much as he's just a gobshite with an inferiority-superiority complex.

I think the fact he's such a heel to the protagonists/fanbase actually makes it less likely he would be the traitor- same reason why I think Mineta has almost no chance of being one (besides having already seen grapeboy's internal monologue). Granted, if one of 1B is the traitor its guaranteed to be either him (Kendo and Tetsux4 are out for taking down Mustard, the rest are irrelevant), but its still much more likely its going to be a 1A kid.

3. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

Pretty sure class B didn't have intel on 1A going to usj