1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Nagato vs. Gokage

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Kai, Oct 13, 2018 at 9:42 AM.

1. Kai R I N N I N G Retired Staff

Nagato in his physical prime faces off against the Gokage that fought Madara.

Setting: Edo Madara vs. Gokage
    Knowledge: Manga
    Distance: 50 Meters
    IC

Who takes this?

Tags:
  2. Hussain Well-Known Member

3. Maverick04 Out of touch

Nagato summons his animals and Gedo Mazo and starts beating up the Gokage

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. King1 Go Wild

He has a counter for everything they do. Ohnoki jinton is useless in front of him, and nagato can also levitate

A4 can't blitz him as he can abosrb his chakra and nagato would be in the air

Tsunade is never going to tag him and ST is enough to deal with her as a weaker ST by pain sent boss summons flying several KM and broke all their bones. No one can tell me tsunade is stronger and more durable than bunta who went toe to toe with a biju

Gaara sand won't work on him and ST would be enough

Mei justu would be absorbed and if nagato wants to end the fight easily then CT

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Godaime Tsunade Well-Known Member

Chakra to the feet can counter weaker ST and BT uses as Tsunade can advise.

Also, as Onoki can himself control gravity he can probably counter Nagato’s BT by weighing himself or allies down enough to slow down Nagato’s gravitational pull. His Doton Bunshin can also accomplish this.

Cerberus and summons are a non-factor really as Katsuyu’s Acid/Mei’s Youton destroys them and Gaara’s sensing sand can detect the Cerberus.

Nagato’s Chibaku Tensei was countered by a combination of Yasaka Magatama, FRS and bijuu-dama. I’d guess that a combination of Byakugō-powered Jinton, Suriyūdan, Zessi Nensan, Gaara’s sand and A’s Raiton could destroy it.

Also, the Gokage’s combination attack that they used on Madara to seal him away could also work against Nagato.

I have my bets on Gokage.

6. Shark Ikimasu yo

But adding someone on Edo Itachi's level is enough to tip the scale.

Bee ~ 2 Gokage
    KCM Naruto ~ 3 Gokage

I'm not sure, depending on how good the Gokage's teamwork is, they might or might not win.

It can go either way. :catshrug

7. Ziggy Stardust Active Member

Flag:
    United States
  8. Azula .

Gokage win easily. Discount Edo Madara gets defeated.

Rinnegan Shared Vision
    : Mei's mist, (this also blinded Madara in manga). His summons and extra eyes are useless.

If Nagato tries to clear mist with Shinra Tensei or absorb it with Preta path... he gets slammed by A and Oonoki weighted fist combo. He won't see them coming just like Madara which is a large part of how Nagato counters attacks. His sensing isn't like Sage sensing so that's useless and Preta path/Asura path isn't stopping weighted Raikage which sent Susanoo flying.

Deva path: Deva path powers are easily countered.

• Gaara has his sand to cushion the fall, the way he saved Mei against Madara. With this he can protect anyone who gets hit by Shinra tensei if he sees the need.
    • Oonoki can cover his body with rocks/use Golem or even use the weight manipulation on himself which temporarily gives him extreme strength. Shinra Tensei is useless on him.
    • Raikage and Tsunade won't need protection much. Tsunade can heal herself and may even use chakra to the feet to lessen the effect of Shinra Tensei.
    With Raikage's speed they are also in excellent position to exploit the 5 second interval and Tsunade's attack bypass absorption just like with Madara.

Bansho Tennin would be suicide as Raikage and Tsunade would just punch him killing him and Gaara can throw up a sand wall to catch anyone or grab them. Using this also makes his powers enter the cooldown period and he is defenseless.

Preta Path: Raikage and Tsunade's attacks bypass this. Mei+Raikage+Gaara combo also destroys Preta path, as shown in manga. They can repeat this combo during the 5 second interval of Deva path.

Animal Path:
    • Cerebus gets weighed down and trashed.
    • Chameleon gets found out by sand touching it.
    Other summons are fodder and not even worth mentioning.

Asura path: Golem and Sand stop any missiles in the path.

Chibaku Tensei gets shot down with jinton aimed at it's center or an amped jinton if needed, though I don't think it's needed. Human path and Naraka path are useless as he won't get the chance to lay a hand on any of them

Gokage working together have every counter for every single jutsus that Nagato can possibly use, they easily get through the limitations of each path, while Nagato cannot do the same to them.

This reads like a script for a terrible movie where the henchmen stand in a circle and attack the protagonist one by one and get rekt. :lmao

No mention of their abilities work against Rinnegan even when they did against Madara or how they cover each other's back or their combo attacks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Ziggy Stardust Active Member

Flag:
    United States
    They die to Nagato's most powerful Shinra Tensei.

You can consider his health and that channeling power through the paths dilutes his strength. Yet his total output managed to level a village. Imagine said power directed at 5 targets and the gaps between them with Nagato having his full unbridled strength. It is night night gokage.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 11:53 AM
  10. King1 Go Wild

Are you going to debunk my points or you just going to spout more of your flawed arguments
    I think we both know how this would play out, you presenting flawed arguments while laughing and me debunking it which would make you run away

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Coolest Guy! x 1
    • List
  11. Skimandla Well-Known Member

1Boss ST takes out mei & onoki
    Chameleon + rod or soul rip take out Tsunade
    Bansho tenin + soul rip takes out A4
    Gaara gets overpowered

Cst gg
    Gedo gg

If onoki can destroy CT , nagato takes him out and shits another CT orb

12. Bonly Fire Fist

Egypt
    Nagato wins more times then not without to many problems as everything they do gets countered while they have limited counters to him.

Mei is all about Ninjutsu upon which Preta path counters and if she uses the hidden mist then he has sensing to know their location just like how he was able to find Kabuto's location when he had a barrier to hide his location. A can only rush in to attack but we saw V2 B rush in for a attack and Nagato took the hit without any problems and proceeded to drained B of his chakra cloak in 2-3 seconds and seeing as how A is wearing a cloak like B, he falls the same way his brother did. Tsunade gets trashed and sent flying away or her soul ripped out if she goes in to attack. Gaara can't seal or catch Nagato because ST can just blow his sand away and with things like Asura path and animal path Nagato would have to keep a good bulk of his sand on defense as it is. Onoki's Jinton meets Preta path and his Doton would all get destroyed.

Then when we look at Nagato's offense they have limited counters. What do they have to counter CST? Their only chance is to be hidden in Katsuyu-Sama but one would have to assume that she'd be out and about before that happens which isn't likely so it's a counter but a very limited one. What's their counter to a strong ST(something of the likes that sent the Gamatrio flying or stronger) in general outside of Katsuyu? Nothing else really so they don't have much of a hope beside most or possibly all of them dying. What's their counter to CT? They need Onoki for his Jinton to shoot through the rubble to get to the core but what happens if he's dead before CT is used? How do they counter it? Answer is they can't seeing as how a weaker CT could take a Bijuudama from 6 tails Naruto. See they have a counter but it's limited. What could they do against BT? Nagato was able to use at least 3(or was it 4?) paths at the same time so he could pull one in while defending from whatever the others and even then they can't just randomly throw some Ninjutsu, they have to be careful otherwise they could end up hitting said Kage. Nagato has too much going for him while they have don't have much to counter his bigger attacks and what they do have might not end up working depending on how the battle plays out.

Only way I see the Gokage winning is if they went for a boosted Jinton.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  13. Ishmael I'd rather you hadn't seen that.

Was that ever truly shown to work? I remember the panel of pein noticing and addressing it.

Those jutsu alone are stronger than what most gokage have in their arsenal honestly, though I do get what you're saying.

Chibaku tensei was shown breaking apart bits of the ground and separating others, tsunade would have to worry about being hit, sucked in by it and many other things and pray and tell she's close by onoki to amp him.

14. Ishmael I'd rather you hadn't seen that.

15. Perfect Susano Well-Known Member

Onoki's Rock Golem and Katsuyu can take on Nagato's summons and Jinton could probably dispatch them.

Mei can blind the Rinnegan's field of vision with Hidden Mist just like with Madara, negating the shared vision.

Ei especially while lightened can take advantage of Shinra Tensei's 5 second interval and hit Nagato with a weighted punch, damaging him enough to be sealed.

Preta Path is countered the same way the Gokage did against Madara and Nagato gets sealed.

CT is countered by a Byakugo amped Jinton.

16. The Death & The Strawberry No Fear

Nagato would seperate and likely kill most of them with a large scale ST, he then cleans up with CT. They literally have no answer to the stronger ST's

17. Godaime Tsunade Well-Known Member

He wouldn’t have addressed it if he didn’t recognise it as an attempt to counter ST. Also, IIRC Naruto, Killer Bee and Itachi stuck themselves to the clumps of debris that got sucked out of the ground by CT, presumably using the chakra in their feet.

Eh.. I’d argue that Byakugō powered Jinton is at least as strong as KB’s bijuu-dama, and more so than FRS. Suiryudan, Gaara’s sand, Zesshi Nensan and A’s Raiton adding to that should be certainly stronger than Yasaka Magatama. I’d peg them as capable of destroying it.

True, but given that Nagato is just one target it’s unlikely that the Gokage will be split apart already like they were against Madara. Onoki will be attaching himself to either A or Tsunade anyway because taijutsu is one of the only ways to defeat him. I also think they’ll know to pull out their best techniques before CT is able to separate them.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Blaze Release Karasu

Nagato has never been portrayed as a character that can take on the 5 kage's and win.
    That portrayal belongs to those that are roughly equal or superior to edo madara.
    Nagato is not.

He loses low-mid diff.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Matto Chosen One

The Five Kage's combination attack overcame the Rinnegan when they faced Madara.

Against Nagato, the Five Kage should be able to counter each of the Rinnegan's abilities and land the finishing blow.

By portrayal, Madara is well above Nagato, and the Five Kage forced Madara to use a Wood Clone as a stand in for his real body, which was about to be sealed. They also forced Madara to bring out Perfect Susano'o. I don't see the Five Kage falling to Nagato. If that were the case, they shouldn't have pushed Madara so far.

20. Ishmael I'd rather you hadn't seen that.

Something doesn't have to be a counter for it to be addressed, it was an observation, he noticed that they were putting Chakra in their feet and spoke on it, questioning them. He didn't deny nor confirm these accusations, seems unlikely though because we would've seen others attempt this.

The rest of the points are just me wanting to see your thoughts, good points though.

21. Itachiisinvincible Schwing

He was focusing his Chakra into one Path of Pain. It dilutes his strength far less than it would be if he focused his Chakra into all of the Paths of Pain, which he didn't do here.

And don't forget that Tsunade was able to allow even fodder to survive that attack by releasing her seal and giving her Chakra to Katsuyu. Now imagine if she does the same except to capable fighters, as well as far less fighters allowing her to concentrate more Chakra onto them than she could do for the fodder in Konoha.

Regardless, I could see Nagato vs Gokage going any way.

22. Itachiisinvincible Schwing

Not necessarily. Edo Madara was holding back against the Gokage. So the portrayal would belong to characters roughly even with a holding back Edo Madara.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  23. Ishmael I'd rather you hadn't seen that.

Was one of kabutos strongest summons, only behind madara, seen as the third six paths and the fact his body was able to take on 3 Shinobi that are usually seen as higher than most or all gokage controlled.

The techs he has are difficult for them to deal with as well. There are things that suggest nagato will challenge the gokage and unlike madara he doesn't play with his food.

24. Orochimaruwantsyourbody Well-Known Member

If we talk about potential counters, Tsunade counters CST as per canon, Onoki counters CT and Gedo Mazo with amped Jinton. If we talk about IC moves Nagato didn’t open any of his fights with his big moves. None of Nagato’s Jutsu outside of CT, CST, and GM are particularly impressive before the Gokage. Meanwhile, just using those Jutsu will cause Nagato to start coughing up blood and drain his life force.

We’ve already seen the Gokage repeatedly find ways around Preta Path. The summons aren’t very impressive compared to 25 Susano clones. Asura Path can’t defeat Kage by itself without some kind of setup. He can use all five elements, but they have nine elements. We don’t even know if Nagato can react to lightened Ei.

Jinton doesn’t have to bypass Preta Path to be effective. He can destroy summons with it, and merely firing it at Nagato’s feet can create explosions that cause Nagato injury. To a lesser extent the same is true of Mei.

25. Gifted 神はここで終わります

Debunk What? He already stated why exactly your argument was bad...that's not an argument he made it's a statement.

Debunk What? You have no way to counter any of his arguments.

26. King1 Go Wild

Again, sorry but you are not worth replying to

27. Gifted 神はここで終わります

Concession Accepted. Funny how you say i'm not worth replying to but still continue to do so.

28. Azula .

Wrong.

See sensor getting rekt.

Sensing is not enough all the time.

29. Bonly Fire Fist

Egypt
    Proof that Kabuto was using Mu sensing?

30. Azula .

Muu is a well known Kage, not like Nagato who was largely unknown most of his life. Kabuto knew about Muu's spliting ability.

. And .