1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Name the new Straw Hat Pirate Ship !

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Archive' started by Finks82, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Finks82 Newbie For Ever

Since Going Merry IS already history, luffy and geng are surely going to have a new pirate ship. For some reason i want to believe they are going to awaken the ancient weapon warship, so i guess the new straw hat ship name is Pluton.

Tags:
  2. Raptor Vagabond

I think the same. If the straw hats defeat (and im sure they will) the rest of cp9, Spandam can make the buster call anytime. That means the straw hats are screwed unless they have the most powerful warship in the world, so the obvious choice is Pluton. Now about the name... i don't think they'll stick to Pluton, they will probably change it to Going Merry 2 or something like that 'cause they loved their ship.

3. Hermie Kakuraffe

Going Merrier? :p

4. Raptor Vagabond

Jokes aside, it doesn't really sound so bad :amuse

5. pakku surlier than ever

Going Franky. It could have a big Franky face on it instead of the old ram head.

6. Mutty Demon Splitter Zoro

I was always thinking about this.

We know that Franky went somewhere after taking that 200 Mn Beri. May be he is secreatly building a ship which is better than Pluton(according to his believes) or Pluton itself. He may have gone to other places by the sea train to purchase materials for this purpose. That will end up in SHs taking the ship for exchage of 200 Mn Beri. therefore the ship may be pluton, with the name of 'Goingu Merry' to remember their old friend (I am not using the word Nakama, as Luffy say it is different from a Nakama).

However, in the conversation among iceberk and Franky, Iceberk siad that he believes that Franky won't do such a thing(building pluton) and that's why he gave the blueprints to him. This is the counter argument.

This leaves me no where.... however I have a strong believe that franky's disappearance (after stealing 200 Mn beri) has something to do with the future story plot.

7. Wrath Mourning

Franky has definitely built the Straw Hat's next ship, neatly enough with their own money. I imagine it's of his own design, which is the reason why I strongly doubt he'll actually join the crew, because his dream has already been fulfilled.

It's possible it's the Pluton, but it's also possible that it's just Franky's ultimate pirate ship. Or that it's Franky's design with some elements of the Pluton.

8. SeruraRenge Reaching infinite

If it is the Pluton, I dun think that Franky and Luffy will be stupid enough to name it that, because it's a little TOO conspicuous.

9. Walker Member

If they get the Pluton warship it would make them overpowered, they will probably just get a juked up ship made by Franky and Iceburg. It will be alot better then the GM but I doubt it will be as invincible as the Pluton,

10. Finks82 Newbie For Ever

man you got strange taste .... hehehe i never even give it a tot that franky face would the ship head (thats sucks man). But still everything is possible
    :smile-big

11. Finks82 Newbie For Ever

i doubt that spandam will use (more likely he cant use it even if he want too) buster call on enes lobby, from what i understand it seems when the buster call is use the whole island will be destroyed .. like what happen to the ohara devils place/island.

12. Raptor Vagabond

Well if they wanna destroy water 7 with the straw hats on it they will. And it's just a push button away. So why not? I also think they will get a much larger ship since the Franky family and the Galley-la shipwrights were seen at enies loby and were labeled as straw hats by around 10,000 marines, the cp9 and any person that's against them. So I find it hard for them to stay in water7. It would be much wiser to go with the straw hats now, since even though there are around 60 of them only around 11 or so are main characters. Would be cool.

And if they escape from enies loby u think the government would let them go as easy as that? they mentioned the buster call so many times for something big. Mark my words :amuse

13. Giant Enemy Crab Gamer for Life

14. Shiari Lurking around in the shadows.

Going Merry is alive!!!!!!!!

.....or Going Luffy? o.o

....Yes, I am silly. >_>

15. Jeltz Captain

I hope that the Strawhats get a Battle Franky.

16. Throes Sitting on a throne of Gods

Well, what I find interesting, is the Going Merry's name. I mean, back in the East Blue, Kaya payed for the ship, and Meri, her butler, designed it. With the new ship, now this is assuming, if it was paid, indirectly at that, by the Straw hats, and was designed by Franky, and built by his family, then woudn't it be reasonable that Franky, like Meri (seemingly, Meri --> Merry is kind of a stretch, but I guess would be the same in japanese), could name the ship after himself? Something like the Franky Wagon? (I dunno, I'm not very creative tonight) Either way, my guess is Franky's name, or a variation of it, will be in the name of the next ship.

17. SeruraRenge Reaching infinite

That makes sense. However, since Luffy is the captain, I think it's his decision on what the name is.

18. Mutty Demon Splitter Zoro

The name of the ship is going to be something bit fearful. Because, after this arc SHs will get higher bounties and will be known as a powerful crew. Therefore when someone addresses the SHs first they will see the ship the name of the ship itself should make them shiver. However I don't think that it will be Pluton.

19. OrionsQuest New Member

I'm thinking that if either Franky or Iceberg design it will be a sort of replica of Gol D Roger's ship. They would make it as a sort of tribute to their master Tom. He did build Roger's ship, so I'm thinking an upgraded ship like his would be pretty powerful.

20. Shiari Lurking around in the shadows.

Hm...

How about the name of "Ares"?

or some type of a war gods name? :p

21. Raptor Vagabond

Na, i don't think they are too good with names. it'll be something kinda "cute" like going merrier, battle franky 36 or something dumb like that. but i really think that it'll be pluton since Franky has a fetish for warships.

22. Mutty Demon Splitter Zoro

Cool.:smile-big Is that the correct spelling?

23. Shiari Lurking around in the shadows.

I think so.

Raptor: Ture.

.....Though, it might be a bit silly to name it Pluton. >_>

edit: Aye, it the right name.

edit2: the name is kinda greek version of "Mars".

...I think. o.o

Last edited: Nov 27, 2005
  24. CABLE S'okay guys, I know blacks.

penile wrinkles