1. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Impending Naruto Avenue Reorganisation!

Want to learn more? Wish to chime in? Click here.

Nanatsu no Taizai Convo Thread - II

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Roadagain, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Mod

That's kind of a random Merlin appearance.
    I mean, we didn't have her yet, but her relevance for the volume is ???

2. Dayscanor The One

Is it always someone who appears in the volume who gets to be on the undercover? I don't get that impression.

She's honestly one of the few who haven't appeared yet.

3. Yak The Red Riot

Catdank Faction:
    Oh that's a nice addition to Galan's background. I thought Nakaba was entirely done with him. Hmmm... on the other hand it is a bit painful to always be teased about a potential comeback of his, considering he is stone but not really dead. I wonder what the chances are that he will ever become relevant again. I sure would love more about his past, he is after all the oldest Commandment left that is not entirely dead.

4. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Mod

Well, it isn't, but it's usually someone that is somehow somewhat relevant, or appeared recently.
    There's plenty of characters tbh. I don't think any of the Commandments had their chance to shine, for example.

I'm not sure what this is referring to. I'm intrigued.

5. Yak The Red Riot

Catdank Faction:
    It may be a mere red herring or the implication that we are heading into a rather epic finale. Galan might yet be recovered and also be somehow able to use the power of Indura, Grey Road might be freed. There are of course Monspiet and Derrierie and the brothers along with their father. And there is the goddess clan.

But of course I and many others have thought about this many times so it's sort of moot to reroll all the already established ideas and thoughts of what may or may not happen. For the time being, I am just glad that Nakaba didn't entirely forget Galan. He was the first Commandment we had exposure to and he was by far one of the most epic opponents the Sins faced. At least until the power inflation started.

6. Dayscanor The One

I'm willing to bet Escanor is next. Not sure if Gowther appeared yet, if he hasn't then he'll prolly appear in the next one, seems fitting.

7. LordPerucho Well-Known Member

Merlin looked so much like Gowther in the Volume content.

Nadja :catprone.

Commandments overall have been treated probably a bit less than BNHA league of villains(which most of them ended up jobbers), and definitely above FT Spriggans..

8. Dayscanor The One

I really don't mind if Galan makes a comeback. Now that we know that the TCs can transform into Indura, he might still be able to bring something to the table.And of course I'm really curious about Baruja, and how he or she relates to Galan.
    And he's by far my favourite TC, he's so entertaining. I feel like he has the most colorful personality out of the bunch, or the one who has the most personality...
    But I don't think he should be matched against Escanor, unless Nakaba plans for him to be humiliated again...Which will frankly piss me off more than anything. I think Galan deserves a second chance, and not come back just to be humiliated again.
    Maybe he should be matched against Diane whom he humiliated in the past.:hm
    Besides Escanor's opponent has already been designated, it should be Estarossa.

I'm ok with Nakaba bringing back all the TCs that aren't dead, heck he might just as well make it an all out war with the TCs+ 6 Black Knights+ Demon King, along with the Goddesses and their leader. Although it might get a bit too hectic...

9. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Mod

But I mean, I didn't see anything about Galan anywhere. So uh. I've got nothing
    I believe Gowther appeared almost as soon as he debuted, but that was him as the Armor Giant (Because all the Sins and such are their Kingdom Knight getups)

10. FKS Active Member

Spoiler:
    Pic 1:
    "The Seven Deadly Sins" designs II
    Box: He's the Commandment possessing the Selflessness decree and the creator of Gowther the Goat's Sin of Lust of the Seven Deadly Sins. Because his commandment brings a curse on every person who harbors a self desire or an ambition, even the Demons from Hell, he was imprisoned five hundred years in the prison of the Demon world by the Demon king who gave it to him.
    While D acted as a base for his design, he was given the wheelchair and grey hair and turned into a middle-aged magician. His direct subordinate is Fraudrin who still has faith in Gowther (both of them).
    Box: Gowther
    Between C and D: The mark is the same on the forehead.

Pic 2:
    "The Seven Deadly Sins" designs III
    Box: She's the daughter of the tenth king of Liones and the sister of the current king Bartra and of Delzel the chief of the Pleiades of the Azure Sky.
    Although she untimely died at only 16, her last moments were satisfying for her. Though she has a heart illness, she has a lively personality, longs for adventures and love, and loves stories.
    Box: Nadja
    Text: She looks a bit like Veronica.
    Box: She can vaguely remind you of her niece Veronica.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  11. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Mod

Heh, Goat's Sin of Luxury. I'd be okay with that.

So yeah, as I thought, Nadja was only 16. I wonder how long Gowther spent time with her?

12. Dayscanor The One

Interesting bit about Fraudrin being the direct subordinate of both Gowthers. And yeah the emphasis on Veronica looking like Nadja is there...

I don't get the point of the demon king creating a decree like Gowther's, that can pretty much affect anyone, so much so that Original Gowther had to go in prison.

Oooh, looks like I get what Nakaba is trying to do. With Doll Gowther having recovered the decree, it looks like this might spell some trouble in the future.

13. FKS Active Member

14. FKS Active Member

Just saw the translation for the page with Indura. It didn't sit well with me.
    Here's my version:
    Spoiler:
    What's happening…?

Those two's transformations
    and these overly sinister magic powers of theirs!!

…I never thought I'd catch the moment my comrades turned Indura
    before my eyes once again.

Say… Barouja,
    where are you wandering right now?

Though I'll have you know that the spelling of the new name isn't final.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  15. Tom Servo Pants Pants Pants Pants

Atleast a week I'd say given Bartra's statement

16. Akira1993 Well-Known Member

Fraudrin: Wh-what’s going on?!
    Both of them have changed… and their magical power is overwhelming!!
    Galand:…Once again my comrades have become Indura. I’ve seen it happen before with my very eyes
    Hey…. Baruja
    I wonder…where are you right now.

Baruja ... a former TC who sacrificed in his time in Indura ?! So a next character to discover? Cool
    He must be dead since, after Indura transformation, you don't have any vital force in your body unless a Goddess named Elizabeth save you.

17. Akira1993 Well-Known Member

19. Tom Servo Pants Pants Pants Pants

Depends on when Nakaba wants to reveal Merlin's backstory since she is a big deal character even by 10c standards.
    But if its in order of appearance we might get Merlin then Escanor and the last one will be Mel and Goddess Elizabeth's Gaiden.

20. Tom Servo Pants Pants Pants Pants

Also I do like how the 10c is a villain group that actually cares for their own comrades unlike every other anime shonen villain group that just see each other as disposable pawns. Helps put to light that the demons do have hearts but were raised by a pretty shitty king.

21. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Mod

The topic wasn't Gaidens, but the inside covers of the volumes.
    Those have gone in order of appearance for the Sins, with Merlin being in the newest volume, and Escanor not yet getting his.

22. Akira1993 Well-Known Member

In addition to the 28-page chapter in the next issue of Weekly Shounen Magazine, we are waiting for a 6-page extra, as well as a demonstration of a new design for the "Hats of the Boar" from the options sent by readers.

23. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Mod

Vol 26 raws:
    Vol 26 extras:

I don't think I've seen the first concept art page anywhere, actually.

24. FKS Active Member

Meh, we aren't getting the continuation of the trolls sidestory.

Well, TL for the last concept designs page:
    Spoiler:
    "The Seven Deadly Sins" designs I

Any Demon possessing seven hearts and the power level exceeding 50,000 sacrifices their six hearts to transform into the legendary Indura beasts.
    These beasts make a contract with the darkness and lose their reason from revealing their true nature, and they turn into an ominous figure as time passes. Among them, the ones resulting from the transformation of the Commandments who got the decrees bestowed upon them by the Demon King are called the Induras of Favor. In addition, the Induras bearing different titles such as Ashes, Time, Resentment, Thunder or Retribution are still roaming around the Demon Realm.

25. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Mod

Doesn't that imply there are non-Commandments that exceed 50k then, or are the normal Induras just... there, without ever being normal Demons?

Also, I assume it's fine if I use your translations for the typesetting, right? (I'd think so, but I guess it's better to be sure)

26. FKS Active Member

Yeah, as long as you have a PL of 50K or more and are a high-ranked Demon, you can turn into an Indura. You don't need to be a Commandment for that.

Yep, there are no restrictions on my scripts for the extra stuff (unless I say otherwise).
    By the way, use my script for the Baruja (or Barouja, your choice) extra. The other one isn't good IMO (the second panel has Galan realizing what's going on and recognizing the Indura form (I think you can make the second line "and these overly sinister magic powers of theirs, they are…!!" (or "[…], that's…!!") at the end of the second bubble) and the third panel is him saying one line, here cut into two bubbles).

27. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Mod

Well, I finished the type-setting and all (which I'm still entirely too slow at, seeing how these 4 mostly simple pages still took me like, 3 hours). Those that care (Since I figure most would've already seen the translations and the previous scans and whatnot, so it's not exactly new info) can find them at the end of this:

As always, if you spot anything that's off in any way, by all means let me know, and hopefully something can be done about it.

Well yeah, I didn't think that being a Commandment is a requirement in itself. But it's interesting to know that there are supposedly other Demons that go past 50k, despite the fact that they haven't been chosen as Commandments, who aren't all past that 50k mark.

I hope I understood this correctly. Probably.

28. Dayscanor The One

Interesting. On second thought it doesn't look like Galan will be able to make a comeback, but we'll most likely hear from Baruja in the future, since he or she could still be drifting in the demon world. I'm betting that Baruja is one of the Induras with a title (ashes, resentment etc).

29. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Mod

Why couldn't he? There's plenty of ways he could come back from being stoned.
    Knowing Nakaba, as long as you're not literally dead, there's a pretty good chance for a redemption for you.
    The 4 new Induras (Including Barouja) bring in the potential of extra Demon Clan forces that could help even the battlefield (Or tip it further?)

30. Dayscanor The One

Well I really can't see what he can really bring to the table, since he obviously can't transform into Indura.
    Without that it's hard to see how he can really be a threat, now that about half of the Sins are around the 40K mark in terms of PL more or less.

Imo the demons will be pushed into transforming into Indura, and sadly only demons with 7 hearts and 50K or more in PL can do that, so that pretty much excludes Galan. And I made a point in one of my previous posts that I'd really not have Galan and the others come back if it's to be humiliated again. They must be able to bring something to the table, and the best way to do that is for them to transform into Indura imo.

Yeah sure, sure seems to me that Nakaba is implying that there are other forces on the demon side, and he's hyping them now before they make their grand entrance. The extra page with Galan can be seen as that, rather than him coming back soon.It can be seen as Nakaba hyping Baruja, instead of hyping Galan or an upcoming flashback involving them.