1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Anime Awards for 2017 part 3 commences with genre awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Nanatsu No Taizai manga to end next year

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Cisz, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Cisz Well-Known Member

Tags:
  2. Djomla Jedi Master

That went fast.

3. Yak Well-Known Member

So, about 50 chaps to go. Sooner than I expected. I was reckonging about 70.

Well, expect a lot of rushed stuff. Nakaba usually doesn't bother going into much detail with all of the side lined stuff. I could be wrong but that's my experience with previous works.

4. Mider T VM Rapist

5. Yak Well-Known Member

Already happened. Just not released yet over here.

That said, about 40 volumes is basically ideal length for a combat shounen. Anything shorter and you miss out on major stuff or have to excessively rush it, anything longer and you dread to go down like Kishi or Kubo with having to stretch stuff to the point where it's absolutely tedious.

If he throws out some minor spin-off chapters or mini series that would be good but main story really needs to wrap up in the next one to one and a half year.

6. White Wolf Super Moderator

Well not horrible, will be able to see the ending of it without being 80 years old.

7. Yak Well-Known Member

A year is cool. Plenty of time to wrap up most major things in a satisfactory way. Just don't expect a lot of the minor side characters to get much relevance again. That sorta stuff usually is wrapped up somewhere in the major events, like group battles and shit or they are just becoming bystanding witnesses to the big clashes. I also don't expect a lot of long-lasting gaidens, whatever is left to do in terms of origin stories and the like is either small or happens within the context of the main storyline anyway.

That's good. If finally have a concrete schedule. I'm actually welcoming this more than I thought I would.

8. Dayscanor The One

I kinda expected it tbh. There isn't much left to cover anyway. I think I have a bit more faith in Nakaba's planning than let's say Ohtaka, who rushed through Magi's ending without tying all the loose ends. She didn't even bother to confirm that my ex-husbu was dead for good.:gglife

And her new manga is trash. Magi had so much potential.:nonon

Kinda surprised he wants to do a baseball manga instead of let's say the Arthur spinoff. :hm

Poor Arthur fans, possibly getting robbed yet again. :LOS

9. Mythoclast Hyper Lethal

No Arthur spin off huh.........

:gglife

10. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

11. Keishin Well-Known Member

12. Yak Well-Known Member

Baseball, huh? That could be interesting. Nakaba has a thing for sports. He usually gives it a weird shounen-y twist too so it's actually fairly epic lol.

13. Dayscanor The One

Rugby would have been more interesting. :tiredpepe

Everyone and their mother has read at least one baseball manga in their lifetime, since the Japanese are so fond of it. For me that would have to be Touch. My point is it's not that original, and if anything sports manga are a bit saturated as it is.Isn't Daiya no Ace fairly popular? And is published in the same magazine?

Yeah.

14. White Wolf Super Moderator

There's All Out!! for Rugby but it's kinda semi-BL, semi-epic, still worthwhile (least the anime eh)

Baseball is crowded these days, gotta agree there, DnA, the new Major spin off, Gurazeni anime (and Major anime), and so on.

Though as a sportsfag I can't really complain, and if it's a passion it'll probably be alright, but meh, from a NNT reader perspective could've done a lot... better.

15. Dayscanor The One

Yeah baseball is rather saturated, I do not doubt Nakaba can add some twist to it, but it's rather uninteresting for me personally.Can't say the same about rugby, in general it's not very popular as a sport in Japan.

I feel like at this point of his career it seems more like a step back, since usually authors in their beginnings give the sports manga a try, including Nakaba himself. After NnT it would make more sense to continue the "epic" shounen route, or go even into seinens if he can. Personally a sci-fi manga, or even a historical one based on Japan would be much more interesting.

I want to see more Japan stuff from him actually, or even Mongolia. Or both at the same time, like the Mongolian attempts to conquer Japan (already touched on that in another thread).

Well nothing is sure at this point, he could still do the Arthur spinoff if the editor allows him, especially if the fans out there make it known they want it.

16. LordPerucho Well-Known Member

If there is a sequel, he will get one of his assistant to do the art while Nakaba does the storyboards/outline, other series are done it like DBS with Toriyama and Toyotaro, OPM with One and Murata, FT with Mashima and Ueda, Boruto with Kishimoto and Ikemoto.

17. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

18. White Wolf Super Moderator

Something Arthur related would be nice as far as spin-offs/continuations go. I caught up some chapters before his ''big moment'' and there was so much hype/buildup only for it to... fizzle out... one of the most underwhelming moments it felt like to me, lol.

A gory seinen with an unhinged demon prince that wreaks havoc after his long lost love of an angel died from a curse wouldn't be too bad either. :maybe

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Dayscanor The One

Yeah I do wonder if there's any room to give Arthur his time to shine in the main manga . Hence why having a spinoff based on his exploits would make sense.

It will be underwhelming if we don't see him do anything significant in the manga, especially after all those losses. Oh well.

A different setting would be much nicer, having demons and angels battle again is a bit redundant. Anything is fine by me, even modern with some Eastern supernatural elements.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  20. HHellenn Active Member

21. HHellenn Active Member

22. Keishin Well-Known Member

Thats just a way to milk series for a long time it's not something most authors would do...

23. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

yes...as i said...so it should not be news that its ending

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  24. Mider T VM Rapist

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  25. ShadowCT6 New Member

Well, this is a bit strange. I think that someone should check the Da Vinci magazine in order to confirm these news.

But if it's true, then it'll be hard to make a Merlin's gaiden, to develop Arthur's plot, to show Zeldris full potential, to show the Supreme Deity's appearance and make a proper end to each sin. I believe that the manga will end with Meliodas and Elizabeth dying after they both get released from their curses, and each of the other sins won't have a well developed and proper end. Actually, I find that all the sins will die somehow, showing that they only served to make Meliodas' dreams come true, instead of serving to defeat all the Ten Commandments.

However, if the chapters get a high number of pages, all of that can be possible.

Could anyone here read the mentioned magazine in order to confirm the news? I believe that this is fake.

26. Keishin Well-Known Member

Which sins dont have their origin stories still? Elisabeth probably wont get shit as it connects to Meliodas's history as well.

27. Keishin Well-Known Member

28. ShadowCT6 New Member

29. ShadowCT6 New Member

Also, Nakaba had stated that there would be a third major arc with the Sins facing the Goddess Clan. Well, seems that it won't happen.

30. Cisz Well-Known Member

I'm sure hope s3 of the anime comes before the ending. I wouldn't want A1 trying to cover everything from the memory arc to the ending of story in 24 episodes. :smh