1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

6. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

naruto all grown up

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by bluewolf, Jun 2, 2007.

1. bluewolf mostly lurking

its only been 16 episodes of shippuden but now when i see the flash backs of orange suit naruto he looks like such a little punk.

I didnt realize how much of a little brat he was. i mean.. he is still a brat but he is so much more mature in artwork now.

I didnt get this effect reading the manga. its only when they do flashbacks in the anime that i really notice it.

Tags:
  2. Pein illest

yeah and he's only 15 but he aint s mature remember the new ultra perverted jutsu he was going to show off

3. Master Sasori Maker Of Tobi's Armor ;D

i can only say,that's something the anime could do( sorta effect ) yet the manga can't.(probably can't, or even if done, the effect wouldn't be that great.)

4. bluewolf mostly lurking

heh. I never said he was mature. to me he is the most immature and annoying character in the show. but he has phisicaly grown up and now its strange seeing the young him.

5. MikeDelfino Kisame fanboy

it seems like a lot of time ago when he was only 12... ah that old brat.. i miss him!

6. Haku The Hidden mist village

He has mature alot, before he was annoying Belive it lol. now hes all real time fighting and actually trying.

7. Naaruto Uzumaki

I'm still upset because we didn't get to see it. Damn Sakura. :(

8. Akatsuki_Naruto Copy Ninja

9. Akatsuki_Naruto Copy Ninja

Jiraya would b like come on naruto just 1 more time plz and naruto would b no teach me more jutsus ero senin

10. Chiyo Beautiful Flaw

He has grown up a lot in the timeskip. Physically and mentally, he is a lot more mature. He still has his immaturity, or he just wouldn't be the Naru-kun we know and love, but he is much less naive.

11. gabha GB's Norman

I agree with the OP that he immediately struck me as changed, but not from the anime, it hit me as soon as I saw that colored spread in the manga.

12. Even [Taka] Translator

13. Catterix is a super awesome

Well that is what happens during puberty, you stop become a child and become on your way to being an adult...

You never realised this before? :huh

14. Avish Happy as a pig in shit :D

Noooo get it right, its just a ploy you'll see. When you are sitting down in the enar future watching episode 17 shipp' you see hes just liek himself lol. jk.

You can just tell the difference between them, but i think alot of it has somthing to do with the fact that naruto is on a serious mission that could make or break a most precious freind to him. Never mind that he will needed all the help he can get since akatsuki are after him aswell.

15. Even [Taka] Translator

16. Catterix is a super awesome

Anyway, he's been serious on missions before, he's just not as crazy as he used to be. ie. he won't suddenly flip out like he used to. Miss it or not, it looks like it's gone lol.

17. geG Very Rude

This is why I like Naruto's character better in Part 2 than I did in Part 1. He's not an annoying brat anymore. Watching the earlier episodes I was amazed by how irritating he was. I'm surprised the series ever caught on with the main character that annoying.

18. Catterix is a super awesome

What's amusing is that the OP was referring to Naruto's appearance becoming more mature, that he looks like a teenager now, and not like a "brat" (as in child) anymore and we've all turned it into a topic about Naruto's behaviour as a 12 year old and as a 15 year old, probably largely based on the use of the word "brat" :p

@Geg. Me too, originally, I just didn't like Naruto himself. I found Sasuke more alluring, thinking of the show as "Naruto: The Sidekick story!" and it was over the course of about 65 episodes until I actually really liked him, which is one of the reasons why I love the show so much, it really got the character to grow on me. And he did mature quite a bit, I mean just compare his behaviour from episode 5 to episode 85, though still him, he's changed. And Part 2 shows this even more, he actually has progressed a lot, and isn't one of those characters who might suddenly regress again for the sake of a joke or a scene.

19. Protege What?! I'm Only A

I don't know, I liked the old Naruto though..

Well, I guess I'll grow to like him again =P

20. Naaruto Uzumaki

I miss some of his childish comments and they way he acts but its nice to know hes matured a bit. :amuse

21. Nisukeita Huh? What?

I hope before the series is overwith we see another timeskip, I'd like to continue to see everyones growth, and what happens to them all.

22. Goom .

Blah i liked the old naruto better. He had more style and coolness about him, i especially liked his badassness. New naruto is just like any other guy blah boring...

23. meatballs2007 Orihime's 2% reduced fat milk

Shippuden purposefully made Naruto look like he was 5 in the flashback, and exaggerated it to emphasize the age difference. That's not what he really looked like, you guys. That said, this topic is gay, as are almost all topics in Konoha TV.

24. Chieri Blossom ★ SasuNaru ★ DeiTobi ★

Naruto surely has matured a lot but he's also become quite an "angst spreader" and is depressed a lot of times, even if he tries to hide it. Well, I won't blame him though, it's Sasuke's fault after all.

25. Kyuubi~Unleashed 曲玉

i read the manga, it'll be a while before you see. but the new jutsu put their pervertedness on a whole new level. also, i acually Kinda miss the younger Naruto. he was so happy and care-free well..half of the time), but now he's so up tight cause Akatsuki's after him,he has to save Gaara and a whole bunch of other shit thats gonna be going on. but what really makes me happy is every little bit of free time Naruto has, he turns right back into the perverted idiot he use to be.

26. Shodai Like my posts btw.

I DEMAND TO SEE THE NEW ULTIMATE PERVERTED JUTSU

27. Catterix is a super awesome

1) Well done for saying "angst" and not "emo", I hate how the latter word has become adopted :p Its for everything now
    2) Is he really that depressed that often? True, he doesn't laugh at much, only time I saw him acting like Naruto was in the 1st, 6th and 11th episode, but I guess its because there's more serious things going on. I mean, not many would be happy when a friend who shares a similar pain might be getting killed.

But yeah, I love Naruto part 1, but I still think we haven't seen Naruto part 2 yet. Remember we're only 16 eps in. 16 eps into the original show and I didn't like Naruto at all, he was just irritating. It took 60 episodes for me to like him, which is about the equivalent of how many manga chapters of part 2 there are now. People need to give him a chance :p

28. R_Lee86 Asshole

I personally was a lot more mature when I was 15 than when I was 12. At 12 you still find farting funny.

29. Catterix is a super awesome

Who says you don't when you're 15? :amazed

Or, were you one of those 15 year olds who think "mature" means "serious". Stupidity and sillyness can still be funny, so long as its done well. That's whats so good about Family Guy, a large portion of it is so mindless, but its done well, and timed right, which makes it hilarious. Same goes for Azumanga, or Scrubs ^^

Aaaaanyway, most people are more mature when they're 15 than they are when they're 12... that's 3 whole years. I just hope Naruto isn't "too mature".

30. Cloudane Now what?

When I first started watching, I didn't like Naruto (the character) much, I thought he was an annoying loudmouthed brat.

As the series went on I saw him as a lovable loudmouthed brat with a heart.

Approaching Shippuuden, I thought "this is going to be awful, he's going to grow up and be all serious and he just won't be Naruto any more"

Seeing it blew all those fears away (you can tell the writers knew you were thinking this, due to how Sakura handled it), they executed it perfectly. He's more mature for definite, but still got enough of that childish noisy brattishness that makes Naruto himself. Spot on!

The flashbacks - they seem to have exaggerated his childishness there as I watched the whole series from the beginning pretty much back-to-back and I don't remember him ever being that... irritating :p I think they've deliberately made it that way so that you accept the grown up version easier, and it's worked great.

Take for example the flashback of Iruka treating him to Ramen in the first episode, he's got a really high-pitched "child" voice. I'm sure it wasn't that squeaky and child-like in the actual first episode.