1. img
    Come join the 5th Democratic Primary Debate Watch-Along!
    The debate will air on November 20th from 9-11 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto being whored out

Discussion in 'Naruto Dub Discussion' started by Pein, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Pein

anyone else getting pissed because viz is raping the naruto license to the max
    with game companys releasing games what seams to be like everyday.
    my local toy stores has about a whole isle dedicated to naruto i heard the workers at the store saying kids cant get enough of this lame anime crap its like dbz all over again.
    watching tv i saw the naruto toy advertisements u guys have probably seen them to the kid as sasuke and him beating zabuza by tearing a piece of paper.
    naruto it seams is rapidly becoming the new dbz in terms where its becoming
    the generic anime everyone thinks is lame. I love naruto but it just looks to be going down the path of lame in america
    when I read game reviews like another dbz game I always think of naruto
    becoming that where it's just expected to be bad because it's so popular its getting stale and people hate it.
    So all im saying will naruto become a victim of it's own sucsess trading in the shows dignity for money and how u feel about it becoming the generic whored out series of the anime world
    and btw i like dragonball

Tags:
  2. Dementia

maybe a bit offtopic, but I do think that it's better if the series would end soon. man, how many volumes gonna be? and the longer it takes, the more of the commercial stuff will be, and the more it all will fade.
    on the other hand, is it really that bad?

3. X

I have a feeling the manga has been all drawn finished or near ending, Shonen is the one which is controlling the speed of which the manga is published. :/

4. Corey45

hmmm good point i saw that commercial and I kinda just put my head down towards the ground and sighed. I have a feeling that if the American viewers can make it past the fillers then English Dubbed Naruto will stay in america without losing too many viewers.

Thats the only thing i can see happening is after about 40 fillers people in the Us just saying screw it and quit watching the same stuff. Then again it could go the whole opposite way, they could end up loving the fillers and wanting Naruto more. Which if shippuden came out people would be like :nuts <----that would be there reaction

Wasn't the reason of dragon ball or Dragon Ball Z in america got boring because it was so long? I quit watching after the fight with Kid Buu but hopefully Naruto never gets boring cause so far i get excited on ever thrusday and friday.

5. Dre

The same thing happened with DBZ. all the popular shows get this treatment. They do it to make money.

6. Instant Karma

The manga may end within the next 2-5 yrs but the anime could go on and on and on.

7. TenshiOni

Well, Naruto's a Shounen. They're pretty much made for making money.
    By near ending, you should probably say 2 or 3 more years at least. The manga is still going on in Japan and still has quite a few plot lines to finish.

Currently, the manga is at 37 volumes in Japan with material in Shounen Jump for 39 volumes and it isn't near ending if you ask me.

Naruto will probably hit 50+ volumes.

8. theXshikamaru

Well I live in England so I don't see any advertisments but I've seen them on the internet and they're really annoying (epecially the sasuke and zabuza one, though it's kinda funny) but I don't think that people will stop watching it like DBZ because it's so much more awesomer.

9. Shiro

10. Tenchu Neji

very cheesy i mean how little is that sword like 1 and a half foot/

anyways i hope it does go on for a few more volumes

11. Shiron

*Moves to English Naruto Discussion Area.*

12. Darkened_Uchihaz

Yeah, it seems like all the Naruto merchandise that has been released will eventually be the downfall of Naruto itself. Don't they do this with all the major anime?

13. Dementia

for a few more- of course, but if it goes to 50+, then it's a bit too much.. I hope they're starting to finish right now..there still is what to do

14. Manetheren

There is still a long way to go in the Naruto manga, even past where it currently is in Japan. Dont expect an end anytime soon.

15. Death-T

DBZ is the most popular anime in the world,and america.Now Naruto's the most popular in America.You should be glad it's getting such popularity.The games are great,and are coming from Japan.People'd be angry if we didn't get em'. >_< Yeah,the Sasuke & Zabuza sword thing is kinda gay,but most of the toys are collectibles and look nice.And it's always cool to know that you can decorate your room with Naruto posters if you want to,and some accesories are kinda cool. Like key chains and such,and some shirts are kinda cool,who cares if they exist.People aren't forcing you to wear them,and it's not like it's a disgrace to the show or anything. The manga compactor thing is cool,and the replica head bands are reallly cool.Ya know there are even more toys and stuff like this in Japan.Who cares if workers who you don't even know think it's corny,they always think stuff like this is.This stuff isn't going to be the downfal of Narutp popularity in America,the downfall of it will just be the dumb ass nine year olds growing up and not liking it anymore,making fun of people who do.Guess they never really liked the show all that much anyway eh ? The same thing happens with all anime aired before 10:00 in America,but someones not gonna stop watching a show just because of a lame commercial and seeing dumb childish Naruto back packs in the stores during the Summer. :/