1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto coming to UK?

Discussion in 'Naruto Dub Discussion' started by Mizuto, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Mizuto

Hey people. :smile-big

Does anyone know if Naruto is coming to UK Toonami?

We usually get the other stuff America has but just later..

So if anyone know please post and what date it will be on, thanks!

(Sorry if this is the wrong forum)

Tags:
  2. n8dogg

I'm not too sure. I really haven't heard anything about a UK release, but then again, I'm not exactly looking for any info on it either, since I live in the states.

3. Si Style

I'm in the UK too and I think we should get Naruto so my mates can finally see what the hell I'm goin on about.

But no news about it, it's a shame...

4. Vodrake

We got One Piece about 6 months after it was released in the USA if I remember correctly. Yet animes such as Inu Yasha and FMA haven't made it here, yet have been out as long as One Piece if not longer.
    From this I believe the only way we'll be seeing Naruto is if it really does well in America.

5. h20

Pff you don't show Naruto or any kind of anime with english dubs, its sh*t.

6. Tenderfoot

I've been also curious about this, made a few searches on the topic about 2 months ago, i had no luck, except that some business man down here (UK) had interest in the anime. On the other hand fox kids was about to have a new channel specifically aimed to teenages 16, 15+ and above. It would be showing Japanese anime and Wrestling as well as other hardcore sports etc.
    But they wouldd only let it come to UK if it made exceptional success in Italy or Spain (i'm not really sure, saw the info about 2 months ago).

7. Amuro

they'll be no news or release dates for ages maybe even a year before trailers are shown on toonami.

i'm not really bothered we usually get stuck with shit dubbed animes like one piece and the like.

the day they cancelled cnx was the day i lost hope in seeing my fav animes on t.v

8. n8dogg

Hey buddy, you...

...nevermind.

Just... nevermind.

9. NiijuuseiAkemi

Actually FMA is out in England, it was released straight to DVD, go down to your local HMV and look at the DVD section for anime and you'll probably find it there, same for YYH, Trigun and others that didn't make T.V. Most adult swim stuff goes to DVD.

However Inu-yasha hasn't been brought to DVD but it's the same with most Rumiko Takahashi titles. However I recently spotted some Urusei Yatsura and Ranma movies so there is hope.

I believe that Naruto will come to the U.K. because it's a toonami show, but if you really want to see it write to cartoon network or e-mail them, I know a lot of people have done this and if they think they can make money off it (like they did with one piece) they'll probably show it.

10. h20

Then if you have nothing to say don't post useless stuff, or phrases that are supposed to show that you do not agree but nothing comes out of your mouth.

11. Mizuto

I hope they do make that channel, sounds interting :amuse

And thanks for your help everyone.

12. Le Male Absolu

Flag:
    France
    Hum !! I can just tell you than Naruto is under licence in france and it will come soon ( not in Cartoon Network ). For September we will have Samourai Champloo, Initial D and maybe Get Backers. GTO ( Great Teacher onizuka ) and Full Metal Achemist was a succes

13. rarr

I believe n8dogg was attempting to call you an elitist idiot, h20. Just like half of this forum are elitist idiots, or at least the ones that automatically condemn the sub because ITZ NOT IN JAPANZ LALL.

14. Toffeeman

We got One Piece around about the same time as America. Im suprised the same isn't going to happen with Naruto..

15. NecroAngel

It will probably come here eventually

...Just, when it does... we'll all be married with kids :\

16. Toffeeman

I think you mean GXP, the "late teens" version of Jetix. Whether it will actually worm its way over to the UK any time soon is still up in the air atm.

There were however rumours with the news of the return of that they may have possibly snapped up the rights to Naruto to air in their new Anime block, but personally I doubt that.

It is possible we could be seeing Fullmetal Alchemist over here in the not-too-distant future though. If it does, and it is indeed aired by the new Rapture TV, then remember that you heard it here first.

17. shizuru

we might get it in a year or 2 just hang on :sweat.... or even this christmas :ninja

18. NiijuuseiAkemi

We got it a few months after, I believe the same will happen with Naruto.

Fullmetal Alchemist is already out over here. It went straight to DVD, go down to your local HMV or Virgin Megastores or look on amazon.co.uk and you'll find it.

19. Gunners

itll prob be released people are startin to ask for in the uk anyway. so yeh it should

20. stormbreak

I want CNX back :( It gave more mature animes and other shows, plus those asian movies at 10 pm :( They had a horrible dub but i liked them showing it :'(
    I don't really want Naruto to come here, if it was being shown on Adultswim in the states, we would most probably not get Naruto, but since it is shown on Toonami we will definatly get it. November-January i guess.

21. Seany

yea CNX was awesome, i cant believe they got rid of it. Hopefully naruto will come here, i dont see why not since it is very popular, i just hope they keep the same VA as America overwise it will suck badly..

22. Princess Ari

Ahh, I really can't see them re-dubbing it over here. There is no point to it, and as far as I am aware, it hasn't happened with anything else.

Anyways, I do strongly believe that we will get naruto. I think Toonami already have an idea of how popular it is (due to unemployment I have litte to do other than watch the text in teen titans marathons :p) so they would be silly not to consider it. Like someone said already, it didn't take that long for One Peice to be shown. If this is the case, then I think we could be seeing it sometime int he new year. Herea hoping.

23. lemlikki

I wish they'd show some good animes in finland :/ only stuff like dbz and sailor moon have been showed here :D

24. Hef

Hey, don't forget NGE. :tem

25. BushidoPunk

zomg, that would be great to hear Naruto characters with British accents :laugh

Jiraiya can have a drunken Scottsman for his dubbed voice.

26. Gaixia

I'm all for a Scottish Jiraiya...that would be pretty snazzy. Just imagine him in a kilt >>.

I hope Naruto does come to the UK otherwise I wouldn't be a very happy bunny. I'm pretty sure Toonami has been hammered with emails and stuff about it though so theres always a possibility.

27. BushidoPunk

I have one thing to say about Scottish speaking, kilt wearing Jiraiya: bitchin'.

28. stormbreak

I only want the dub for the merchandise (mostly games, although it won't be the same if it doesn't have the JPN voices :()

29. TechMan

Aye, Outlaw Star at 8:30pm, Cowboy Beebob at 9:00pm, all completely uncut (thank god the BBFC didn't realise this for about two months :smile-big )

Toonami UK is terrible now, there said Trigun would be shown in 2004, now were late 2005 with no show. Naruto will be here probably for the spring line up (around May 2006) since it's too late for the autumn scheldule.

30. Seany

wat trigun? now way, thats soo not fair