1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Confessions

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by 12771a, Jun 7, 2018.

1. 12771a The Warrior of Cosmos

As the title says just some fun things you thought and did about the Naruto franchise that are a little embarrassing or weird.

At first I didn't know Gaara, Temari and Kankuro were actually suppose to be brothers and sisters. I thought they were cousins or something at best.
    I actually didn't start reading the manga weekly until the war arc where they were fighting trollkage and such.
    One of the main ways I was able to keep up with some sizable portions of shippuden was through playing naruto ninja storm 2. I think ns2 was the first time I saw jman vs pain. I remember being disappointed that Jman didn't use a big ass rasengan at the end to finish off a path in the real version.

Tags:
  2. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

1) At first glance, I was hyped for Team 8 because I thought it was an all boy team at first then I realised that Hinata was a girl.

2) Too many "girl" characters who ended up being guys; Haku, Orochimaru, Deidara, Suigetsu.

3) I also thought Konan was a guy instead of a girl.

4) I underestimated how awful the series would awful the series would become in the future.

3. Lillianne von Phoenix Monster Princess

I think the fact that I obsess over a fodder character and care little for everyone and everything else in the series is my biggest shame :catdefeat

Also I tried to run like them (which isn't surprising though) and did some ghetto cosplaying with costumes made from whatever we could find :catskully I also wrote some cringy fanfics and did cringy manga edits back when I was a Deidara fan a decade ago.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  4. Yagami1211 The Dragon of Dojima

France
    Catdank Faction:
    I'm sorry, but what ?
    Haku I can understand, the difference is subtle.
    But Deidara, Oro & Suigetsu ?

Suigetsu is super buff. No way to confuse him with a girl.

I always cared more about the world itself than it's character. I have some character I enjoy, but I can deal to be without them on screen. This is even more true in Boruto. There are still characters that I enjoy ( Iwabe, Sumire, Denki ... ) but seeing how the world changed since Naruto is my biggest wish and Boruto kinda answered that. This is possible thanks to having as much as breather episodes focused on the village and some individual characters rather than having plot progression everytime, you tend to focus only on one character only. Like Naruto did.

I was never in Naruto for the characters and for the the life of me, I can't understand people being all over ONE character and ignoring the rest. This is completely alien to me.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  5. Gin Ichimaru's Shadow Sanbantai taicho Ichimaru Gin

Poland
    1.Haku was a girl(I am not sure about that one).
    2.I was surprised that most people doesn't wear normal shoes and socks.
    3.I thought that Deidara was from Suna.
    4.I was afraid of some Edo(like Seven Swordsmen,Muu and A3), because of their eyes.

6. Gin Ichimaru's Shadow Sanbantai taicho Ichimaru Gin

Poland
    In Oro case he probably thought about his female vessel.
    Maybe he saw some fan arts of Deidara as a girl.

7. Lillianne von Phoenix Monster Princess

I can understand it very well, actually. There are some fictional works (mainly video games) where I'm a lot more invested in the world than any of the characters.

8. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

Before, I was sure he was a guy or showed his buff arm, he looked extremely slender and effeminate. Kishi likes drawing extremely skinny dudes with feminine postures. (same as kubo iirc).
    Deidara and Orochimaru looked very effeminate too (even after he removed his disguise in Chunin exams).

I know I've always stated that I started Naruto only after I discovered Kiba Inuzuka's existance, I still gave the series the benefit of the doubt during part 1, because the ninja world concept was decent and I had even started care for other characters too like Neji, Lee, Shikamaru, Sasuke etc.However, I completely understimated Kishi's innability to properly develop his cast, world and story.

I typically only watch a series if I have a particular interest for a character, but that's not always the case, there are times where I may start a series because I like the comedy (One Piece - then realised how amazing the story and characterisation was) or Action (One Punch man, Dragonball)

9. Sword Sage Swordsman in Training

I agree with you there about Jiraiya vs Pain in NS2 version. I mean dude that was too me the best version that should've been Jiraiya's epic end like that!

And have you also noticed how Naruto's highlighted battles in NS2 cutscene were so much better than his anime/manga versions where Naruto fighting skills were not lacking.

10. 12771a The Warrior of Cosmos

yeah the beginning of shippuden naruto vs sasuke fight was much cooler in ns2, in the kakuzu fight he flies through the searing migrane fire jutsu and didn't use a clone trick to kill kakuzu. In NS3 he actually breakts tobi mask by himself XD, which was done awesomely b(although in canon obito should've been able to phase through all that lol). If there's one thing the storm games did right it was the animation and action in the qtes. They were amazing.

11. Sword Sage Swordsman in Training

Omg Those were my favorites! I thought his fight with Tobi was epic as shit in Ns3 I mean it’s what I thought about how Naruto could’ve done to Tobis phasing jutsu because his phasing has a limit to it as Konan demonstrated.

I enjoyed the Naruto vs Kakashi in NS2 after how it was skipped in manga scene in the game Kakashi and Naruto used their primary jutsu at each other at the final battle.

12. Rifulofthewest Active Member

At one point in history, I really thought that Naruto could get real peace and abolish the ninja system ... I do not even know why i came to think that, it was very obvious that that would not happen.
    I also confused the gender of many characters: Deidara, Haku and Gaara's uncle are women for me ... and Kurotsuchi is a man ... but, Suigetsu was not naked the first time he appeared? How could you think he was a girl?
    I do not understand how the soul works in narutoverse.
    I thought Rock read was the son of Gay, and to this day it still seems strange to me that they are not.
    I also believed that Sarada was Karin's daughter, no matter how telenovelas it was, I would have been delighted ... more than checking how twisted and painful Sakura still was.

13. Plexa Well-Known Member

In high school I won a series of races doing the Naruto run and was subsequently named 'Athlete of the Year'

14. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

-I've repetedly tried performing the handseals for chidori after seeing Sasuke do it for the first time.

-I actually used to have faith in Sakura's growth. :explicat

-When I first heard of the sharingan in the anime, I thought they were saying, '-gun' and so I figured it must have something to do with guns.

-I didn't really start reading the manga till Zombie Brothers arc. Up till then I was all anime.

15. Yagami1211 The Dragon of Dojima

France
    Catdank Faction:
    Hmm ... I don't remember stuffs like that. I mean, I was 24 when I read Naruto for the first time. And I already spoke japanese.
    I always expected Itachi not be the heartless monster he wanted to be.
    I huuh expected Team 7 to join Sasuke for his fight against Itachi.

I expected Orochimaru to take Sasuke's body, but that would have been too anticlimatic in retrospect.

16. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

I actually thought that Naruto would give up on the Kage role because he would need to give up his loyalty to his own nation and become a neutral, wandering hermit in order to bring peace to the shinobi world. With only a few students, close friends and his wife Hinata joining him. I thought Naruto would be so powerful that he'd unbalance the world and force Konoha's rivals to take extreme measures again out of a paranoid need to challenge him. Then Sakura, Kakashi or Shikmaru would become the new Hokage.

I also thought that Sasuke didn't deserve to return to Konoha. But instead he'd become the new leader of the Rain Village after Sasuke had managed to redeem himself from so many low points. Like Sasuke, the Rain Village needed to get over a history of trauma and a sense of powerlessness and learn to reconnect with others without relying on violence. After fixing the rain village over many years he can return to Konoha to retire from being a shinobi. I figured during the war (this was when the war arc had just been announced and I thought it would be set over several weeks rather than a couple of days), Sasuke would win them around and bring them into the war as valuable reinforcements at a crucial moment.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  17. Sword Sage Swordsman in Training

I had the similar thought about for Naruto becoming a wandering hermit with his wife Hinata on a journey quest to find a way to change ways of the shinobi world and destroy the cycle of hatred as promised to Nagato and Jiraiya. That way Naruto would really carry out Jiraiya's legacy. I feel that Sasuke seemed to take that role that despite it was Itachi's wish but it was Jiraiya who traveled the shinobi world as a hermit while Itachi served as a spy for Konoha. I find it odd the fandom don't give Jiraiya enough praise as Itachi did.

18. Brandon Lee Green days are not gone

Mexico
    i know the hand seals for katon gokakiu no jutsu (fire style)
    i thought team 7 was cool till part 2 happened.
    i always wanted neji sasuke rock lee and naruto to fight together against an enemy.
    i'm not a nostalgic fan, cause i inmediatly got into naruto part 2 after i was done with part 1, i was a pre-teen at that time and still thought the series had gotten shittier,

sasuke always looked like an edy-emo for me, that's why i think neji was cooler, he was manlier than him, basically the upgraded version of sasuke
    byakugan looked more intimidating than sharingan

no matter how cliché the story had gotten, if kishi had focused more on konoha 11, things would have been way better, specially if naruto and sasuke hadn't been the strongest ones, rock lee, gaara and neji should have been up there

19. Sword Sage Swordsman in Training

I feel the same way too! I mean come on seeing the potentials like Neji, Gaara, Hinata, Rock Lee from their best moments in Chunin exams should’ve been more with them teaming up with Naruto.

Just like how In super in the end of the finale Goku, 17 and Frieza became like a Dream Team unexpected. To be honest I saw great potential in 17 and Frieza before Super was made. Never would I expect a cool team up.

20. pjsasuke Disappear with the thunder

I used to think Naruto would be the one to defeat Itachi eventually.

Also thought that Sasuke and Sakura will become Naruto's personal body guards kinda like the sand siblings after he becomes the Hokage.

Really glad that both of the above predictions never happened.

I thought that at the end of the show, everyone would actually hear Sasuke's thoughts and feelings. Through Ssauke's inner thoughts, everyone would realise his pains, sufferings, his past, present, his bonds, his family etc. and all of Sasuke's bonds with his team would be properly addressed including a long chapter 181 confession from Sakura(which kinda happened) and Naruto.

I also used to think that everyone would be revived in the end with rinne-tensei. I was sure Sasuke will get the Rinnegan and I thought that he would do a Nagato and try to sacrifice himself to repair the wrongs he did but he would eventually be saved by Naruto since Naruto would give him enough chakra to save him from dying due to chakra overuse.

And I also thought that there would be a Naruto-Sasuke shippuden kiss at the end seen by everyone, new team 7 photo, reunion with Tazuna and Inari and some other nostalgic stuff

I also thought that at the end, Sasuke's crimes would either be forgotten through some jutsu or repaired with reviving the persons he killed including Danzo through his own rinne-tensei. I also thought Danzo would be redeemed in the end.

And

I also thought that the ending of the Naruto series would either be Naruto in his twenties becoming a hokage or a scene of the chuunin exams in which, the son of Hokage Naruto and his wife Hinata would be seen having a childori-rasengan clash with Sasuke and Sakura's son.

You are almost as old as Aunt Corvida? That's fascinating!! You are not my uncle though:hmpf

21. Yagami1211 The Dragon of Dojima

France
    Catdank Faction:
    Aunt Corvida is 6 years older than me.

22. pjsasuke Disappear with the thunder

That's why I said almost. I don't think six years is really that much of a difference.

And hey! She is not your aunt. She is my aunt:hmpf My dearest lovely aunt:heart

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Comfy Comfy x 1
    • List
  23. Shinobi1jutsu Well-Known Member

1. I wanted to like Sasuke, but because he was such an unbelievable piece of S##T, I ended up hating him.

2. I wanted Sakura to eventually fall in love with Naruto, and dislike her for being such a stupid B***H.

3. Thought Might Guy was Rock Lee's dad.

4. Cannot understand the character's in the series obsession, allegiance, and obedience to Sasuke

5. Cannot understand fan's obsession, allegiance, and interest in Sasuke

6. Was hoping Sasuke would die/ be killed (hopefully by Naruto)

7. Think its stupid that Madara was never actually defeated

8. Cannot understand why summoning animals would allow shinobi to sign contracts with them

9. Have NEVER understood HOW Naruto and Sasuke are friends?!

10. Do NOT get HOW or WHY... Sasuke went from being completely evil, to becoming good because a re-animated Hashirama told him some stories. Nor is it believable. I mean WTF?! The guy goes from trying to kill Naruto and Sakura on multiple occasions, tries to kill Karin, murders a horde of fodder Samurai, abandons Suigetsu and Jugo, wants to murder every man, woman, ninja, non-ninja, and child in Konoha... hears a few stories, and wants to be a good guy?!?!?!? Thinks he deserves to be Hokage?!?!?!

11. Think Kishimoto was not so subtlety implying that Zabuza was sticking it to Haku

12. Think Naruto is actually a genius, who has committed himself to convincing everyone that he is an idiot, so they underestimate him

13. Think Orochimaru is the ninja version of Marylin Manson

14. Naruto vs. Pain was the most amazing thing I have ever seen in an anime

15. Think Kaguya ruined the series

24. Entae Member

I recall shouting “Believe It!” an exorbitant amount of times for little to no reason as a child. I was literally the watches-naruto-once meme.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  25. Corvida Anda de dia la noche es mia

Spain
    we´re tough vets, yiou and I:gar

(mumbling Mazinger Z tune)

And you my most wonderful , sweet nephew, ever:blobcuddle

26. Go D. Usopp Straw Hats Wanker

I thought rock lee would be some god lvl character by the end of the series given how hard he works. fk you kishi :catsad

27. Yagami1211 The Dragon of Dojima

France
    Catdank Faction:
    (Mumbling Saint Seiya tune.)

28. Corvida Anda de dia la noche es mia

Spain
    (in two languages)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  29. Takaya Well-Known Member

I thought my Naruto phase was over and I'd never come back to it... way back when we still didn't even know who Tobi was... I thought those days were behind me...

And yet, here I am.

30. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!