1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Naruto Cosplay-ish... thing...

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Katsumi-chan, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Katsumi-chan Hahaha! Poit! Narf!

(Well, it's not exactly cosplay... -.-;)

Anyway, I've suddenly got the urge to take a stab at Naruto's Part 2 outfit, mainly the top turtleneck/sweatshirt... thingy. The only problem is, I haven't the slightest clue as to how to start, other than what color stuff I'll need. Would anyone happen to have any tips for a stupid n00b?? ^_^;; Thanks in advance~

Tags:
  2. Kyuriko Sexy tennis boys are better.

Not exactly cosplay? You mean, as in you're not going to do the whole outfit? You would probably still start it like any other cosplay. The best way to start a cosplay project is to search for a sewing pattern that is as close to the original costume as you can find [I'm sure you could find a pattern for a turtleneck or a sweatshirt quite easy]. When you're at the fabric store, you should have a printed reference picture so you have the right shade of fabric you're looking for. A good reference picture is important for keeping note of the details, because I doubt you'll remember it all. Good reference pictures of the Seigaku Tennis Club jersey helped me lots on my Ryoma Echizen cosplay [Prince of Tennis], so I gotta emphasize the importance on that.

But of course, if you're going to use a pattern the most important thing is: do you know how to sew? It would be quicker by machine, but if you don't have one or can't afford one, it's definitely okay to sew by hand if you prefer it. Guess you could always have somebody teach you too, if you know somebody who knows how to sew.

Anything else you'd like to know, I'd be happy to try and help as much as I can. I'm no expert on fancy details, but I hope I at least helped you get a start.

3. Katsumi-chan Hahaha! Poit! Narf!

Yup~
    Thank you much, I'll remember that. <3
    I don't, although I do have a machine in the house somewhere, and there's plenty of people to bug for lessons. XD
    You helped me a lot. Thanks! ^_^
    But I've got one itty-bitty question. Do you have any suggestions for that wierd clip-thing on the left shoulder? (I've got a couple ideas already) Again, thanks. :D

Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
  4. COS-show New Member

Cosplay is funny.Need your mind all of them.

5. Kyuriko Sexy tennis boys are better.

The swirl clip? I have no idea; I've never done Uzumaki Naruto before and I'm not very good with non-sewing parts, but I think a wiser cosplayer than I would know how. What ideas did you have in mind? I suppose you could model it somehow?

6. Katsumi-chan Hahaha! Poit! Narf!

Yah, the only thing I can really come up with is somehow sewing the the thing on and having some kind of... dangly-thingies hanging off... Or something >_>;; I'm gonna have to google up some pictures.